Kyle Kudroch - Plattsburgh - F - Sr
    Taylor Farris - Oswego - D - Jr
    Erick Ware - Potsdam - D - Fr
    Andrew Hare - Oswego - G - Jr
    Remy Babineaux
    remyb616@gmail.com
    D3FHL Web Page

Re: 2011-2012 SUNYAC All Conference Team

How does Hare end up on the third team when he has the Best Save %, Lowest Goals Against and Most Shutouts? Its not like the other guys were on crap teams and had better stats....what am I missing?
    LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
      How does Hare end up on the third team when he has the Best Save %, Lowest Goals Against and Most Shutouts? Its not like the other guys were on crap teams and had better stats....what am I missing?
      Coaches must just have thought the other two were better goaltenders or had a bigger impact on their team's success than they thought Hare had on Oswego's.

I'm with Mountie. I expect Cadieux first but I would have thought Hare would slide into the #2 slot.

I do know thay Kevin Carr is one heck of a goalie though and maybe the coaches felt he had more of a win/loss influence on his team over Hare on Oswego.
      Last edited by PrezdeJohnson09; 02-21-2012, 02:32 PM.
      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
      GO LAKERS!!!
      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

I have to agree. I'm OK with Cadieux getting the first team. However, Hare stepped in for Beckwith and did one heck of a job.
        Twitter: DanMountSports
        2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Unfortunately Hare's snub is a product of the overall strength and balance of the Lakers. When the other SUNY teams played Oswego this year (with the exception of maybe Plattsburgh) my guess is none of them came away after the game and said, "man, we were better but that goalie just stole one from us."

It wouldn't surprise me if Hare were to make an appearance on one of the East's All-American teams. After all, Beckwith was not first team All-SUNY last year and he was first team AA. My guess is AA status is more determined by stats as the decision makers more than likely have not seen all the goalies play.
          93GreatLaker

2012-13 LPS Losers Bracket Champion
          2011-12 LPS Losers Bracket Champion
          2010-11 LPS Losers Bracket Champion
          2008-09 DIII College Hockey Pool Champion
          2008-09 SUNYAC Pick-em Champion

Comment

Originally posted by 93GreatLaker View Post
            Unfortunately Hare's snub is a product of the overall strength and balance of the Lakers. When the other SUNY teams played Oswego this year (with the exception of maybe Plattsburgh) my guess is none of them came away after the game and said, "man, we were better but that goalie just stole one from us."

It wouldn't surprise me if Hare were to make an appearance on one of the East's All-American teams. After all, Beckwith was not first team All-SUNY last year and he was first team AA. My guess is AA status is more determined by stats as the decision makers more than likely have not seen all the goalies play.
            Ding! Ding! Ding!

Right you are Ken.
            GO LAKERS!!!
            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
            Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by 93GreatLaker View Post

I believe you have to be first or second team....
              Remy Babineaux
              remyb616@gmail.com
              D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Another issue with Hare is he is not spectacular. When he is on he looks like he is not even trying and he is in complete control. He puts the rebounds in the corners or holds onto them so teams don't get two or three whacks at the puck like tends to happen with Carr, Breen and a few of the other more talked about goalies in the SUNYAC. It's easy to be overlooked by coaches when you aren't diving around making Tim Thomas type saves.

But at the same time Taylor Farris makes it on the third team and he is about the most unspectacular d-man I have seen in a long time. He deserves to be on there for his defensive prowess but I am surprised to see him on there because he doesn't show up on the score sheet a lot.
                Last edited by Laker28; 02-21-2012, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                  I believe you have to be first or second team....
                  Is this still the case now that the East Region has three AA teams? I'm not sure to be honest. Has the SUNYAC done three teams in the past? For some reason I thought they just did first and second team. But, I could be wrong.

I know some leagues like the ECAC East and ECAC West have an Honorable Mention team.
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

Could it be the selection was decided before this past weekend and arguably his best games so far this season? Probably.

Comment

How does the Regular Season scoring champ end up on the 2nd team?
                      LETS GO BEARS!

"Never play flag football in the nude"-Bob Kevoian

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Mike St. Louis is not a BUM!

Comment

Originally posted by Saints17 View Post
                        The regular season scoring champ Jon Whitelaw is on the first team. Whitelaw and Nutkevich tied in points but Whitelaw gets the edge with his conference leading 13 goals.

Comment

Brockport scores 1 First Team and 2 Second Team spots and doesn't make the playoffs.
                          Larry Normandin
                          SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                          WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
                            I have to agree. I'm OK with Cadieux getting the first team. However, Hare stepped in for Beckwith and did one heck of a job.
                            And this may have worked against him. Not having played the entire season, some coaches may have felt he wasn't as derserving as the other choices.
                            Russell Jaslow
                            [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                            U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Saints17 View Post
                              And which one of those three forwards on the first team would you bounce for Nutkevitch?

Nutkevitch had a fantastic season, but it's pretty hard to argue he was better than Whitelaw, Ross, or Cody.
                              Russell Jaslow
                              [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                              U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Working...
                              X