PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Rankings 2/21/12

Pages : [1] 2

LakerFan99
02-21-2012, 12:59 PM
Composite Rankings (http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/icehockey-men/d3/diii_regional_rankings) (Welcome to the party, Wentworth :D)

Scoring:

EAST Region (http://web1.ncaa.org/champsel_new/exec/staticpdfrank?doWhat=publicrankingsRedirect&sportCode=MIH&region=5&division=3)

WEST Region (http://web1.ncaa.org/champsel_new/exec/staticpdfrank?doWhat=publicrankingsRedirect&sportCode=MIH&region=10&division=3)

Discuss :)

I may be crazy here, but going strictly by the numbers and assuming those who lead their conferences win their AQ's, your 3 Pool Cs are:

Plattsburgh, Elmira...and Utica. :eek: :D

norm1909
02-21-2012, 01:23 PM
In the East:

Top 5 stay the same.
Utica swaps spots with Manhattanville for 6th
Castleton dives from 7th to 11th
Bowdoin, Neumann & Middlebury bump up 1 to 8th, 9th, 10th
Hobart hangs in at 12th
Williams bump up 1 from 14th to 13th
Wesleyan drops to 14th to tie up with Wentworth as Fredonia drops off the list.

In the West:

Top 2 stay the same.
St Thomas bumps up 1 to 3rd.
Gustavus Adolphus remains in a tie at 4th, but this time with Wisc. Stevens Points who jumps up 2.
Wisc.-Eau Claire bumps up 1 to 6th.
St. Olaf joins in at 7th as River Falls disappears after having been in at #3.

PrezdeJohnson09
02-21-2012, 01:52 PM
Here's how I see the bracket based on today's rankings.

8/3 split and assuming all the conference leaders win their tournament (which obviously won't happen)

Play-In Games:
Elmira @ Adrian
Plymouth @ Plattsburgh
Wentworth @ Utica

Quarterfinal Games:
Elmira/Adrian @ Oswego
St. Thomas @ St. Norbert
Utica/Wentworth @ Norwich
Plattsburgh/Plymouth @ Amherst

Semifinal Games:
Elmira/Adrian/Oswego winner vs. St. Thomas/St. Norbert winner
Utica/Wentworth/Norwich winner vs. Plattsburgh/Plymouth/Amherst

NorthernLite
02-21-2012, 01:53 PM
In the East:

Top 5 stay the same.
Utica swaps spots with Manhattanville for 6th
Castleton dives from 7th to 11th
Bowdoin, Neumann & Middlebury bump up 1 to 8th, 9th, 10th
Hobart hangs in at 12th
Williams bump up 1 from 14th to 13th
Wesleyan drops to 14th to tie up with Wentworth as Fredonia drops off the list.

In the West:

Top 2 stay the same.
St Thomas bumps up 1 to 3rd.
Gustavus Adolphus remains in a tie at 4th, but this time with Wisc. Stevens Points who jumps up 2.
Wisc.-Eau Claire bumps up 1 to 6th.
St. Olaf joins in at 7th as River Falls disappears after having been in at #3.
.....and MCHA teams remain lurking in the weeds ;)

fixed your post

AldenPartridge1819
02-21-2012, 02:14 PM
Here's how I see the bracket based on today's rankings.

8/3 split and assuming all the conference leaders win their tournament (which obviously won't happen)

Play-In Games:
Elmira @ Adrian
Plymouth @ Plattsburgh
Wentworth @ Utica

Quarterfinal Games:
Elmira/Adrian @ Oswego
St. Thomas @ St. Norbert
Utica/Wentworth @ Norwich
Plattsburgh/Plymouth @ Amherst

Semifinal Games:
Elmira/Adrian/Oswego winner vs. St. Thomas/St. Norbert winner
Utica/Wentworth/Norwich winner vs. Plattsburgh/Plymouth/Amherst

Agreed. However, I can't help but think that Bowdoin is going to make it to the NESCAC finals, lose to Amherst, and pass both Utica and M'Ville in the process. Either that, or someone else will beat Amherst and they will get the last Pool C. I just have a weird feeling the NESCAC will get two teams in.

I would hate for Amherst and someone like Oz/Norwich to lose and Adrian win, forcing SNC to play in a play-in like they did a few years back. I know some people will say that you have to beat everyone to win the whole thing anyway, but it's never good for lower teams to get byes when higher seeds are fighting it out.

PrezdeJohnson09
02-21-2012, 02:27 PM
Agreed. However, I can't help but think that Bowdoin is going to make it to the NESCAC finals, lose to Amherst, and pass both Utica and M'Ville in the process. Either that, or someone else will beat Amherst and they will get the last Pool C. I just have a weird feeling the NESCAC will get two teams in.

I would hate for Amherst and someone like Oz/Norwich to lose and Adrian win, forcing SNC to play in a play-in like they did a few years back. I know some people will say that you have to beat everyone to win the whole thing anyway, but it's never good for lower teams to get byes when higher seeds are fighting it out.

You might not be too far from it for the NESCAC's...

Although for Bowdoin and Middlebury it really would be in their best interest to win the NESCAC just to make sure they get in.

joeyc3402
02-21-2012, 03:32 PM
...so does USCHO recognize these rankings, or are they waiting until the FINAL rankings come out to actually post anything on the site?

wickfan
02-21-2012, 04:34 PM
The big suprise is Middlebury made it into the top 10

CARDS_rule_the_Burgh
02-21-2012, 04:44 PM
...so does USCHO recognize these rankings, or are they waiting until the FINAL rankings come out to actually post anything on the site?

Well, considering the final rankings are never released to the public...

...no, USCHO has never, to my knowledge, published anything related to these rankings. Why would they, when it would only detract from their own rankings? Meanwhile, the Webbsite does a coaches' poll ranking, a computer ranking, AND publishes news releases on the NCAA regional Rankings... Not that I'm advertising any competitor sites.

bakdraft21
02-21-2012, 07:48 PM
maybe its me but when I look at those NCAA ranking there is NO Adrian???? what am I missing???

NUProf
02-21-2012, 07:53 PM
maybe its me but when I look at those NCAA ranking there is NO Adrian???? what am I missing???

SOS, or lack thereof.

Hammer
02-21-2012, 07:56 PM
And a 1-3 non-con record in-region doesn't help matters any, either.

Adrian (and the rest of the MCHA, for that matter) have what we've always wanted, an opportunity, and now that's in the form of the AQ. For us it's cut and dried. Win 2 next weekend and we've played ourselves in. Do anything else and we've played ourselves out.

bakdraft21
02-21-2012, 07:59 PM
And a 1-3 non-con record in-region doesn't help matters any, either.

Adrian (and the rest of the MCHA, for that matter) have what we've always wanted, an opportunity, and now that's in the form of the AQ. For us it's cut and dried. Win 2 next weekend and we've played ourselves in. Do anything else and we've played ourselves out.Ok ic didnt realize that they didnt have that good a record non con.......thnks

joeyc3402
02-22-2012, 12:43 PM
Well, considering the final rankings are never released to the public...

...no, USCHO has never, to my knowledge, published anything related to these rankings. Why would they, when it would only detract from their own rankings? Meanwhile, the Webbsite does a coaches' poll ranking, a computer ranking, AND publishes news releases on the NCAA regional Rankings... Not that I'm advertising any competitor sites.

USCHO HAS previously listed the NCAA rankings, and they have a page specifically for it:
http://www.uscho.com/rankings/ncaa-mens-d-iii-rankings/

They even have a set of columns in their PWR for records against ranked opponents:
http://www.uscho.com/rankings/pwc/d-iii-men/

You're right that the NCAA doesn't release its final rankings (forgot about that...), but it's pretty ridiculous that there have now been TWO sets of official NCAA rankings, and USCHO doesn't have it on the site.

Stormy8174
02-25-2012, 02:17 PM
Unless I missed something, the Feb 21st regional ranking ARE up on the NCAA website:

http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/icehockey-men/d3/diii_regional_rankings

LakerFan99
02-25-2012, 02:30 PM
Unless I missed something, the Feb 21st regional ranking ARE up on the NCAA website:

Yes. That's what I linked to when I posted the thread. If you're referring to CARDS's post he NCAA's *final* rankings are not published and the USCHO has not published the NCAA rankings on its own website.

Stormy8174
02-25-2012, 02:34 PM
Yes. That's what I linked to when I posted the thread. If you're referring to CARDS's post he NCAA's *final* rankings are not published and the USCHO has not published the NCAA rankings on its own website.

My fault LakerFan :o

On the chance of making a fool of myself, were the scoring links posted directed to last year...it says 2011 on the top?

LakerFan99
02-25-2012, 02:59 PM
My fault LakerFan :o

On the chance of making a fool of myself, were the scoring links posted directed to last year...it says 2011 on the top?

Um. Whoa? Those were not the rankings that were posted earlier in the week. Now I see what you were talking about. That is weird.

joeyc3402
02-27-2012, 09:26 AM

I am well aware.

I'm just pointing out a gap in the D-III coverage and analysis on the site. There is no acknowledgement of the D-III NCAA rankings (even on the page that they have devoted to said rankings), and they don't take the rankings into account with their Pair-Wise Rankings.... which is kind of a key thing.

Yes, there's a place to get information (mainly through d3hockey.com along with the message board here), but USCHO used to be at least a decent source of D-III analysis at one time, and that's fallen by the wayside. The lack of mention of the NCAA rankings is a pretty big testament to the increasing lack of focus and attention that D-III is getting on this site. JMHO.

bakdraft21
02-27-2012, 07:27 PM
just checked the D3 ranking and they have neumann and elmira at 6 and 7 BIg difference than this site 12 and 13..always wonder these polls r soooooo different