NCAA Rankings 2/21/12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Rankings 2/21/12

Composite Rankings (Welcome to the party, Wentworth )

Scoring:

EAST Region

WEST Region

Discuss

I may be crazy here, but going strictly by the numbers and assuming those who lead their conferences win their AQ's, your 3 Pool Cs are:

Plattsburgh, Elmira...and Utica.
    Last edited by LakerFan99; 02-21-2012, 01:15 PM.

Re: NCAA Rankings 2/21/12

In the East:

Top 5 stay the same.
    Utica swaps spots with Manhattanville for 6th
    Castleton dives from 7th to 11th
    Bowdoin, Neumann & Middlebury bump up 1 to 8th, 9th, 10th
    Hobart hangs in at 12th
    Williams bump up 1 from 14th to 13th
    Wesleyan drops to 14th to tie up with Wentworth as Fredonia drops off the list.

In the West:

Top 2 stay the same.
    St Thomas bumps up 1 to 3rd.
    Gustavus Adolphus remains in a tie at 4th, but this time with Wisc. Stevens Points who jumps up 2.
    Wisc.-Eau Claire bumps up 1 to 6th.
    St. Olaf joins in at 7th as River Falls disappears after having been in at #3.
    Last edited by norm1909; 02-21-2012, 01:33 PM.
    Larry Normandin
    SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
    WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Here's how I see the bracket based on today's rankings.

8/3 split and assuming all the conference leaders win their tournament (which obviously won't happen)

Play-In Games:
      Elmira @ Adrian
      Plymouth @ Plattsburgh
      Wentworth @ Utica

Quarterfinal Games:
      Elmira/Adrian @ Oswego
      St. Thomas @ St. Norbert
      Utica/Wentworth @ Norwich
      Plattsburgh/Plymouth @ Amherst

Semifinal Games:
      Elmira/Adrian/Oswego winner vs. St. Thomas/St. Norbert winner
      Utica/Wentworth/Norwich winner vs. Plattsburgh/Plymouth/Amherst
      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
      GO LAKERS!!!
      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
        In the East:

Top 5 stay the same.
        Utica swaps spots with Manhattanville for 6th
        Castleton dives from 7th to 11th
        Bowdoin, Neumann & Middlebury bump up 1 to 8th, 9th, 10th
        Hobart hangs in at 12th
        Williams bump up 1 from 14th to 13th
        Wesleyan drops to 14th to tie up with Wentworth as Fredonia drops off the list.

In the West:

Top 2 stay the same.
        St Thomas bumps up 1 to 3rd.
        Gustavus Adolphus remains in a tie at 4th, but this time with Wisc. Stevens Points who jumps up 2.
        Wisc.-Eau Claire bumps up 1 to 6th.
        St. Olaf joins in at 7th as River Falls disappears after having been in at #3.
        .....and MCHA teams remain lurking in the weeds
        fixed your post

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
          Here's how I see the bracket based on today's rankings.

8/3 split and assuming all the conference leaders win their tournament (which obviously won't happen)

Play-In Games:
          Elmira @ Adrian
          Plymouth @ Plattsburgh
          Wentworth @ Utica

Quarterfinal Games:
          Elmira/Adrian @ Oswego
          St. Thomas @ St. Norbert
          Utica/Wentworth @ Norwich
          Plattsburgh/Plymouth @ Amherst

Semifinal Games:
          Elmira/Adrian/Oswego winner vs. St. Thomas/St. Norbert winner
          Utica/Wentworth/Norwich winner vs. Plattsburgh/Plymouth/Amherst
          Agreed. However, I can't help but think that Bowdoin is going to make it to the NESCAC finals, lose to Amherst, and pass both Utica and M'Ville in the process. Either that, or someone else will beat Amherst and they will get the last Pool C. I just have a weird feeling the NESCAC will get two teams in.

I would hate for Amherst and someone like Oz/Norwich to lose and Adrian win, forcing SNC to play in a play-in like they did a few years back. I know some people will say that you have to beat everyone to win the whole thing anyway, but it's never good for lower teams to get byes when higher seeds are fighting it out.

Comment

Originally posted by AldenPartridge1819 View Post
            Agreed. However, I can't help but think that Bowdoin is going to make it to the NESCAC finals, lose to Amherst, and pass both Utica and M'Ville in the process. Either that, or someone else will beat Amherst and they will get the last Pool C. I just have a weird feeling the NESCAC will get two teams in.

I would hate for Amherst and someone like Oz/Norwich to lose and Adrian win, forcing SNC to play in a play-in like they did a few years back. I know some people will say that you have to beat everyone to win the whole thing anyway, but it's never good for lower teams to get byes when higher seeds are fighting it out.
            You might not be too far from it for the NESCAC's...

Although for Bowdoin and Middlebury it really would be in their best interest to win the NESCAC just to make sure they get in.
            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
            GO LAKERS!!!
            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
            Oswego State '09

Comment

...so does USCHO recognize these rankings, or are they waiting until the FINAL rankings come out to actually post anything on the site?

Comment

The big suprise is Middlebury made it into the top 10

Comment

Originally posted by joeyc3402 View Post
                  ...so does USCHO recognize these rankings, or are they waiting until the FINAL rankings come out to actually post anything on the site?
                  Well, considering the final rankings are never released to the public...

...no, USCHO has never, to my knowledge, published anything related to these rankings. Why would they, when it would only detract from their own rankings? Meanwhile, the Webbsite does a coaches' poll ranking, a computer ranking, AND publishes news releases on the NCAA regional Rankings... Not that I'm advertising any competitor sites.
                  Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                  SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                  ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                  NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                  NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                  NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                  NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

maybe its me but when I look at those NCAA ranking there is NO Adrian???? what am I missing???

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                      maybe its me but when I look at those NCAA ranking there is NO Adrian???? what am I missing???
                      SOS, or lack thereof.
                      2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                      2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                      2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                      2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

And a 1-3 non-con record in-region doesn't help matters any, either.

Adrian (and the rest of the MCHA, for that matter) have what we've always wanted, an opportunity, and now that's in the form of the AQ. For us it's cut and dried. Win 2 next weekend and we've played ourselves in. Do anything else and we've played ourselves out.
                        FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                          And a 1-3 non-con record in-region doesn't help matters any, either.

Adrian (and the rest of the MCHA, for that matter) have what we've always wanted, an opportunity, and now that's in the form of the AQ. For us it's cut and dried. Win 2 next weekend and we've played ourselves in. Do anything else and we've played ourselves out.
                          Ok ic didnt realize that they didnt have that good a record non con.......thnks

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
                            Well, considering the final rankings are never released to the public...

...no, USCHO has never, to my knowledge, published anything related to these rankings. Why would they, when it would only detract from their own rankings? Meanwhile, the Webbsite does a coaches' poll ranking, a computer ranking, AND publishes news releases on the NCAA regional Rankings... Not that I'm advertising any competitor sites.
                            USCHO HAS previously listed the NCAA rankings, and they have a page specifically for it:
                            http://www.uscho.com/rankings/ncaa-mens-d-iii-rankings/

They even have a set of columns in their PWR for records against ranked opponents:
                            http://www.uscho.com/rankings/pwc/d-iii-men/

You're right that the NCAA doesn't release its final rankings (forgot about that...), but it's pretty ridiculous that there have now been TWO sets of official NCAA rankings, and USCHO doesn't have it on the site.

Comment

Unless I missed something, the Feb 21st regional ranking ARE up on the NCAA website:

http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/icehock...ional_rankings

Comment

Working...
                              X