Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wherefore art thou, Paul Kelly?

Tweeted from @USCHO, a bit over half an hour ago:

Paul Kelly has resigned as executive director of College Hockey Inc., according to a release from the Hockey Commissioners Association.
    Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
    I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
    Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Re: Wherefore art thou, Paul Kelly?

You beat me by a few minutes, so I deleted my thread.

This cannot be a positive for college hockey overall.

Comment

Hmmm, interesting.

I have no idea the reason, but I do think that although College Hockey, Inc. has generated some exposure and discussion, some of Paul Kelly's arguments have fallen flat. I look forward to getting a high profile college alum in that position who can make a case with first hand experience.
      scsuhockey.com
      CollegeHockeyRecruitExchange.com

Comment

Harrumph
        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by The Exiled One View Post
          Hmmm, interesting.

I have no idea the reason, but I do think that although College Hockey, Inc. has generated some exposure and discussion, some of Paul Kelly's arguments have fallen flat. I look forward to getting a high profile college alum in that position who can make a case with first hand experience.
          It would be interesting to know the budget and what the best strategy would be to represent the interests of the 58-59 programs.

If I'm not mistaken the money comes from the NHL stipend.
          Last edited by dggoddard; 02-20-2012, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Happened in one heck of a hurry if you ask me. I wouldn't think that this would be the result of job performance as that would have been dealt with at the end of the season, but now that he's gone, maybe they are taking this opportunity to review just what direction the job would go from here.
            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

More (perhaps calming info) here:

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...esignation.php
              Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

USCHO's take: apparently he was ticking off the league office. http://www.uscho.com/2012/02/20/kell...tive-director/
                Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
                I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
                Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

Sounds like this guy has burned a lot of bridges in his last two jobs. Not something I would have expected on the surface/when you hear him interviewed.

How much did the position pay? Do people think they should look for a former player? Former coach? Maybe someone like rick comley?

Comment

TSN has Kelly's comments:

Former head of the NHL Players' Association, Paul Kelly resigned from his postion as executive director of College Hockey Inc. on Monday.

"Time to move on. I told them I'd give them 2-3 years to get the entity established and operational. It's been 28 months and it's time for a new challenge," Kelly told TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun via text.

In 2009, the Hockey Commissioners Association (HCA) created College Hockey Inc. to market college hockey in the United States. Kelly was hired shortly after his tenure with the NHLPA came to an end.

"The HCA would like to thank Paul for his service to CHI and wish him the best in his future endeavors," HCA President Steve Hagwell said in the statement.
                    Former Harvard Hockey broadcaster on 95.3 FM and WHRB.org.
                    Go Crimson!

Comment

What exactly has CHI done since its inception that has helped the college game?
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                        What exactly has CHI done since its inception that has helped the college game?
                        Gotten Blue Chippahs to decommit saving a college some cash.
                        "My greatest achievement."
                        Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

He recommended certain changes to the game but his recommendations (half-visors, recruitment changes, CHL eligibility) went un-heeded leading to obvious frustration due to lack of success.

Comment

I really don't think Kelly was the answer. It seemed like he was disconnected from the very start having his own agenda as opposed to being on the same page with NCAA coaches/commisioners. Someone needs to update College Hockey Inc.'s website for them.
                            I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by jnacc View Post
                              He recommended certain changes to the game but his recommendations (half-visors, recruitment changes, CHL eligibility) went un-heeded leading to obvious frustration due to lack of success.
                              Never. Gonna. Happen.

Comment

Working...
                              X