Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

North Dakota @ Denver: 2/24-2/25 - Let the Rivalry Renew!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North Dakota @ Denver: 2/24-2/25 - Let the Rivalry Renew!

In what can only be classified as a huge series for both squads, the North Dakota - Denver rivalry is set to begin this Friday at 8pm Mountain Time (televised on NBC Sports). This is my favorite series of the year, and I expect nothing less than a great series. As a Sioux fan, hopefully they are able to come away with at least a split, and really anything more than that is dreaming. North Dakota has not fared very well in the Mile High City in the last few years, but hopefully that changes. Either way, it will be a fun, high-intensity series.

Go Sioux!
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Re: North Dakota @ Denver: 2/24-2/25 - Let the Rivalry Renew!

I don't think this thread will get much attention. Denver used to have a good hockey program, but it just isn't what it used to be. Their coach is so stubby he has to stand on the wall to see the ice sheet, the team plays like girls, and the only fan who had anything whatsoever to offer is in hiding: what's left is a bunch of old guys who sit around watching Gunsmoke reruns between naps and fondling their autographed Goldwater photos. The Sioux should let them have one out of pity, but they won't. Their biggest problem will be looking past the pios to Mankato.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
      I don't think this thread will get much attention. Denver used to have a good hockey program, but it just isn't what it used to be. Their coach is so stubby he has to stand on the wall to see the ice sheet, the team plays like girls, and the only fan who had anything whatsoever to offer is in hiding: what's left is a bunch of old guys who sit around watching Gunsmoke reruns between naps and fondling their autographed Goldwater photos. The Sioux should let them have one out of pity, but they won't. Their biggest problem will be looking past the pios to Mankato.
      Drinkin like a native again, I see.....

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
        Nicely done.

The key for North Dakota will be the first line. They played well at times this past weekend, but they need to put more goals up on the board. If they can do that, and perhaps get a little contribution from the other lines (Rowney has been playing absolutely great over the past 2-3 series) then I think we'll get at least 2 points. If DU holds our top line down, then it could be a long weekend unless our goaltending shows up. Saying that...any word on Dell? Eidsness played well this weekend, but it would be nice if we could rotate goalies the rest of the way.
        North Dakota

Comment

I predict Zucker will take a dive again, and Ben Blood will beat someone up. Good times had by all.
          XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
          Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

I agree the key will be the Knightline but it seems the RPM line is on the verge of consistently putting the pedal to the metal. The GPL line is becoming a very good third line and they play their role better and better each game. If we continue to get good goaltending I think we can come out of Denver with at least a split, which would almost certainly secure home ice.

Comment

North Dakota might be my favorite weekend of the season. Their fans are just as arrogant as Minnesota, but at least they have the Championships to back it up. And they love to accuse DU and our fans of being classless, which is just plain comical. And of course good hockey is all but guaranteed.

I would be content with a split, but I think that if goaltending stands tall, if we see the defense we saw against Minnesota, and the power play is clicking we could take 4 points here.

Comment

Nice of DU to remind North Dakota about the rules at Magness:

http://letsgodu.blogspot.com/2012/02...with-open.html

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
                  Nice of DU to remind North Dakota about the rules at Magness:

http://letsgodu.blogspot.com/2012/02...with-open.html
                  The "Smoke Free Campus" is a bit of a joke, as some of my friends at law school smoke all the time on campus.

Plus, I think it is important to note that most of the Sioux fans in attendance this weekend probably live in Colorado already.
                  North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by duper View Post
                    North Dakota might be my favorite weekend of the season. Their fans are just as arrogant as Minnesota, but at least they have the Championships to back it up...
                    I don't think that is possible, no one is as arrogant as Minnesota fans.
                    Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
                    Eric's Twitter
                    The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
                      I predict Zucker will take a dive again, and Ben Blood will beat someone up. Good times had by all.
                      Don't you guys have a series to lose at UNO this weekend?
                      Eric's Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                        In what can only be classified as a huge series for both squads, the North Dakota - Denver rivalry is set to begin this Friday at 8pm Mountain Time (televised on NBC Sports). This is my favorite series of the year, and I expect nothing less than a great series. As a Sioux fan, hopefully they are able to come away with at least a split, and really anything more than that is dreaming. North Dakota has not fared very well in the Mile High City in the last few years, but hopefully that changes. Either way, it will be a fun, high-intensity series.

Go Sioux!
                        Aren't both games on TV this weekend? I thought I read somewhere that Saturday's game was on Roots?
                        Eric's Twitter

Comment

We are in a 3-way tie for 4th. Don't we hold the tie breakers over C.C. and UNO?
                          "My greatest achievement."
                          Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

Originally posted by Goon View Post
                            I don't think that is possible, no one is as arrogant as Minnesota fans.
                            I'm gonna find out, first hand, if that is true as Minny makes their 2nd trip, EVER, to Omaha (last in '05 for one game, only) and their legions are buying up the arena left and right.

Comment

Originally posted by darker98 View Post
                              We are in a 3-way tie for 4th. Don't we hold the tie breakers over C.C. and UNO?
                              Yes. In applying the tiebreakers, we have a 3-1-0 record against those two. As a result, we get #4. Then we're taking out of the mix for determining #5/6, and I believe then CC gets #5 over UNO because they have more conference wins.
                              North Dakota

Comment

Working...
                              X