ECAC East Next Weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECAC East Next Weekend

Does this jive with what everyone else has?

Men ...
    University of New England at Norwich
    New England College at Castleton
    Southern Maine at Babson
    UMass-Boston at Skidmore

Women ...
    Nichols at Norwich
    UMass-Boston at Manhattanville
    Southern Maine at New England College
    Castleton at Salve Regina

Re: ECAC East Next Weekend

I am not sure of which teams are included as participants in the Women's ECAC-E Championships. Note for example Holy Cross is not there (are they Div II?). I have only seen the Cadet women play four times these year and figure what ever the seeding is--that at the last buzzerthe NU women should prevail. Could someone explain who is included?

As for the men. It looks correct to me and here is how I see next weekend going:

University of New England at Norwich...5 to 1 Norwich
    New England College at Castleton.....4 to 3 CSC
    Southern Maine at Babson...............3 to 2 in OT Babson
    UMass-Boston at Skidmore..............4 to 2 UMass-Boston

I believe based on this seeding of the men that if this scenario of wins were to play out, NU would then see UMass again in the quarter finals.
    Old Rook NU'66--Roll On Cadets
    Organized crime in America takes in over forty billion dollars a year and spends very little on office supplies.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Rook NU'66 View Post
      I am not sure of which teams are included as participants in the Women's ECAC-E Championships. Note for example Holy Cross is not there (are they Div II?). I have only seen the Cadet women play four times these year and figure what ever the seeding is--that at the last buzzerthe NU women should prevail. Could someone explain who is included?

As for the men. It looks correct to me and here is how I see next weekend going:

University of New England at Norwich...5 to 1 Norwich
      New England College at Castleton.....4 to 3 CSC
      Southern Maine at Babson...............3 to 2 in OT Babson
      UMass-Boston at Skidmore..............4 to 2 UMass-Boston

I believe based on this seeding of the men that if this scenario of wins were to play out, NU would then see UMass again in the quarter finals.
      Of the 12 teams in the ecac women's east, only 9 are eligible for the ecac east tournament. Plymouth state is the lone unlucky team that gets left out.

Saint anselm and saint michael's are division 2 teams and holy cross is division 1. They are all ineligible.
      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
      GO LAKERS!!!
      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

I think you may see quite a few "upsets" in the quarter-Final round....I do think Norwich should handle UNE but this is a UNE team that just took Babson into OT and almost upset UMB last weekend: two teams that gave Norwich all it could handle Friday and Sat.....#2 CSC is 2-3-2 in their last 7 games(not the way you want to finish) and it all started with a tie against NEC....#3 Babson has lost twice to USM during the regular season: should be an interesting game:The #4/#5 game is a toss up: but Skidmore has beaten UMB twice during the regular season...

My Predictions:

Norwich 4 UNE 1 (if UNE stays out of the sin bin)

NEC 3 CSC 2 in OT

USM 3 Babson 2 in OT

Skidmore 4 UMB 3 in OT

I could be way off but I do think the parity in the league is getting smaller and smaller....Once UNE gets it's new rink: look out, they could become the new CSC....
        Last edited by hockeyfan77; 02-19-2012, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyfan77 View Post
          I think you may see quite a few "upsets" in the quarter-Final round....I do think Norwich should handle UNE but this is a UNE team that just took Babson into OT and almost upset UMB last weekend: two teams that gave Norwich all it could handle Friday and Sat.....#2 CSC is 2-3-2 in their last 7 games(not the way you want to finish) and it all started with a tie against NEC....#3 Babson has lost twice to USM during the regular season: should be an interesting game:The #4/#5 game is a toss up: but Skidmore has beaten UMB twice during the regular season...

My Predictions:

NEC 3 CSC 2 in OT

USM 3 Babson 2 in OT

Skidmore 4 UMB 3 in OT

I could be way off but I do think the parity in the league is getting smaller and smaller....Once UNE gets it's new rink: look out, they could become the new CSC....
          To me, the scariest team out there is Babson - The fact that they were successful playing a running game with the Cadets at Krietzberg makes them really a threat. They are the first team that I have seen all season that really tried to play our uptempo game with us and managed to carry it out. In fact, the Cadets looked more worn out at the end than the Beavers. There was a lot of energy in that game. UMB used their usual trap, slow it down game, and so did Skidmore. Castleton played their usual physical style. The one that I'm most worried about is a team that can keep up with Norwich on a larger ice surface. That would be Babson.
          2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
          2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
          2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
          2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyfan77 View Post

My Predictions:

NEC 3 CSC 2 in OT

USM 3 Babson 2 in OT

Skidmore 4 UMB 3 in OT

I can see that the predictions are going to all over the map but this is how I see the ECAC E playing out:

NU 5 UNE 2

CSC 5 NEC 1

Babson 4 USM 2

UMB 4 Skidmore 2

I can see a couple of games going either way but Castleton should take care of business in Rutland. The D3 season is long and teams can not be expected to be at there peak every game. A big factor on the playoffs will be goaltending and most of the teams have outstanding goaltending which could be the difference is any game. It will be interesting to see if UMB and Babson playing at Norwich this weekend will help them if they win next weekend and the tournament is in Northfield.
            2009-2010 Last Person Standing winner
            2009-2010 Interlock LPS winner

Comment

I like NU over UNE by 4 goals,
              Castleton by 5 over NEC, NEC really not playing very well right now, will have to turn things around big time to have a chance.
              Babson is slight advantage against USM, one goal. Small ice will favor the Beavers.
              Skidmore will take advantage of the big ice surface to give UMass all they can handle in a close one. I like Skidmore by a goal
              Cadet Crosby '63

Comment

Just looking at the box score Southern Maine goalie Braely Toris had a outstanding game in helping USM defeat Babson 2-1. The shot count in the first period was 15-1 in favor of Babson. No surprise that Dan Rautenberg scored both goals for USM. NU over UNE was sort of as expected although UNE keep the penalities down in this one.

Looks like Skidmore used the big ice surface and power plays to get by UMASS Boston 3-2. Looking at Castleton/NEC NEC's outstanding goalie Shawn Simon had an good game keeping the score to 2-1. Parker Carroll also had a solid game for Nowich so the ECAC E games next weekend will feature a lot of good goaltenders that should keeep the scores down.

Just wondering when the games times are going to be posted?
                Last edited by hawk; 02-26-2012, 07:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hawk View Post
                  Just looking at the box score Southern Maine goalie Braely Toris had a outstanding game in helping USM defeat Babson 2-1. The shot count in the first period was 15-1 in favor of Babson. No surprise that Dan Rautenberg scored both goals for USM. NU over UNE was sort of as expected although UNE keep the penalities down in this one.

Looks like Skidmore used the big ice surface and power plays to get by UMASS Boston 3-2. Looking at Castleton/NEC NEC's outstanding goalie Shawn Simon had an good game keeping the score to 2-1. Parker Carroll also had a solid game for Nowich so the ECAC E games next weekend will feature a lot of good goaltenders that should keeep the scores down.

Just wondering when the games times are going to be posted?
                  Norwich has traditionally played the early game on Friday so at this time I would expect that to continue and to plan accordingly. We will know for sure probably today or tomorrow

Tentative schedule for next weekend's ECAC East men's and women's final fours at Kreitzberg:

Friday-
                  Norwich vs. Southern Maine (Men) 4 p.m.
                  Castleton vs. Skidmore (Men) 7 p.m.

Saturday-
                  Manhattanville vs. NEC (Women) 12 p.m.
                  Norwich vs. Castleton (Women) 3 p.m.
                  Men's Championship 7 p.m.

Sunday-
                  Women's Championship 3 p.m.

subject to change
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                    Norwich has traditionally played the early game on Friday so at this time I would expect that to continue and to plan accordingly. We will know for sure probably today or tomorrow

Tentative schedule for next weekend's ECAC East men's and women's final fours at Kreitzberg:

Friday-
                    Norwich vs. Southern Maine (Men) 4 p.m.
                    Castleton vs. Skidmore (Men) 7 p.m.

Saturday-
                    Manhattanville vs. NEC (Women) 12 p.m.
                    Norwich vs. Castleton (Women) 3 p.m.
                    Men's Championship 7 p.m.

Sunday-
                    Women's Championship 3 p.m.

subject to change
                    Prez you are going to be pretty busy at the rink next weekend will all thoes women's and men's games to do PR.

Comment

Prez you are going to be pretty busy at the rink next weekend will all thoes women's and men's games to do PR.
                      Yup...just like last year. We'll manage. It'll be all hands on deck for the Norwich Sports Info. Department.

The one that will be crazy will be if the NU women host the FF and the men are in Placid during that weekend as well.
                      GO LAKERS!!!
                      Oswego State '09

Comment

WCAX Video clip various games
                        http://www.wca*****/story/17019600/d...playoffs-begin

Comment

thanks for link
                          Steve Day(NU71)
                          Go Cadets

Comment

Thanks for the link too. That freshman women's player for Norwich who scored three goals was very impressive.

Comment

Thanks for the link too. That freshman women's player for Norwich who scored three goals was very impressive.
                              Her name is Kaycie Anderson and she's been doing it the whole year.
                              GO LAKERS!!!
                              Oswego State '09

Comment

Working...
                              X