Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI & Union @ Colgate & Cornell (2/24, 2/25)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPI & Union @ Colgate & Cornell (2/24, 2/25)

As RPI limps into central NY.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Re: RPI & Union @ Colgate & Cornell (2/24, 2/25)

Limps? They are on life support. This season now ends on the road for certain but we have played no worse on the road than at home (not saying much)
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
      Limps? They are on life support. This season now ends on the road for certain but we have played no worse on the road than at home (not saying much)
      You're the doctor. I guess that your triage evaluation is better than mine.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Maybe my presence will help matters. The last game I attended, we won. Granted, it was against AIC...

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          You're the doctor. I guess that your triage evaluation is better than mine.
          If this team was a patient-they would be given two weeks to live. But I have seen miracle cures and as much as doctors love to think they made the difference, some of them were just spontaneous. I have told many patients over the years that medicine is only 75% science. 20% is the art of medicine and the remaining 5% is just pure luck.

Comment

It takes something of a leap of faith to presume that RPI will be playing longer than Dr. D's prognosis of two weeks.

But, assuming that they somehow manage to survive the first round of the playoffs, I would expect that they would then move on to play the first seed in the second round.

Right now, that would be Union, which holds a two-point lead over Cornell. But those two teams will play this weekend.

If Union and Cornell finish the season tied in points, which one would be considered to be the first seed in the playoffs?

Comment

Depends why they end up tied. If Cornell to beats Union Friday and then they both have the same result on Saturday, Cornell would win based on the first tiebreaker (H2H) because they tied the first meeting. If Cornell/Union tie on Friday and then Cornell wins and Union loses on Saturday, I'm pretty sure that Union would have the tiebreaker on Cornell - Cornell has not done that well against the top 4, highlighted by the sweep by Colgate.
              If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Hey, there is nothing more dangerous than a wounded animal backed into a corner....

Maybe with the thought of "nothing to lose" might liberate the troops and send them on a playoff run.....

Furthermore, maybe you'll meet either us or Cornell in the ECAC's and play the role of spoiler.......

As many folks on the RPI thread have mentioned before, the "Union" rule still has you guys in the thick of it.....

Let the team show to you they are done.....

Good luck next week...

Keith.
                Keith Reynolds
                Union College
                Class of 1992
                B.A. in Economics/Mathematics

University of Nevada - Las Vegas
                Class of 2001
                M.S. in Sports and Leisure Management

"I went to Union before it sucked...."

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                  It takes something of a leap of faith to presume that RPI will be playing longer than Dr. D's prognosis of two weeks.

But, assuming that they somehow manage to survive the first round of the playoffs, I would expect that they would then move on to play the first seed in the second round.

Right now, that would be Union, which holds a two-point lead over Cornell. But those two teams will play this weekend.

If Union and Cornell finish the season tied in points, which one would be considered to be the first seed in the playoffs?
                  I try to be the optimist-I think if we somehow match up well with a team in the first round-we could survive for another weekend. Stranger things have happened in ECAC hockey in the past. As a 10th seed we wonce made it to the semifianls of the ECAC tournament in Boston Garden. Right now i just don't see naything like that even remotely possible. it looks like another long off season for us.

Comment

Next weekend should be a great ending for a season in which no game can be taken for granted. Can't wait.
                    . . . still crazy after all these years. . .

Comment

We've played better on the road - far better.

Which is meaningless, since we're going to get bent over this weekend. Bring on the offseason.
                      Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post

Which is meaningless, since we're going to get bent over this weekend. Bring on the offseason.
                        I'll get the countdown thread ready.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post

RC-Totally agree that this coming weekend will be a rough one to take. The following weekend however may well be a bit more competitive if we draw a team that we match up better with. Not saying we will win in the first round-but we could make life at least a little miserable for someone. I would be very satisfied if we just get to play one extra weekend this year.

Comment

Gate was #12 last year and made it to the semi's. Anything is possible, why they play the games.
                            It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

How could it get any better, Union vs Cornell for the Cleary cup and Gate playin for a home bye ??
                              It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Working...
                              X