Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good Bye NCHA, Hello WIAC. Grab a life vest SNC and CSS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Good Bye NCHA, Hello WIAC. Grab a life vest SNC and CSS!

Interesting story in the Stevens Point Journal today saying that St. Scholastica, Northland, Finlandia and Marian are expected to be invited to join the WIAC for hockey. Kind of one glaring omission there. Also interesting was quote from AD saying now they have an opportunity to win championships. Don't they have that now in the NCHA?

http://www.stevenspointjournal.com/sports/article?a=2012202160568&f=573
    Last edited by Sir Nubs; 02-16-2012, 05:53 PM.

Comment

So....they're leaving the two private schools in their conference, then inviting one back, plus three more private schools, killing another conference in the process?
      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Nubs View Post
        Interesting story in the Stevens Point Journal today saying that St. Scholastica, Northland, Finlandia and Marian are expected to be invited to join the WIAC for hockey. Kind of one glaring omission there. Also interesting was quote from AD saying now they have an opportunity to win championships. Don't they have that now in the NCHA?

http://www.stevenspointjournal.com/s...02160568&f=573
        I'd say there are two glaring omissions there if we are considering MCHA schools.
        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
        GO LAKERS!!!
        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

Comment

http://www.stevenspointjournal.com/s...02160568&f=573
          Translation...."We can't beat St. Norbert so we are taking our puck and going home and also forming our own league and crowning our own champion each year."

Congrats UW-XXX you can win the WIAC, too bad your NCAA title hopes are now a mere pipe-dream and you have no one to blame but yourselves. Of course, as you admit, you weren't winning anything to begin with so really there is no difference.

Comment

If I'm in the MIAC and MCHA front offices, I'm placing multiple calls to my resident members and reminding (and thanking) them with regards to their conference loyalty, and reminding them of that little thing called the Automatic Qualifier that our conference currently has. I'd also mention how it's such a shame about the NCHA breaking up, what with those 5 Wisconsin schools now being without an AQ for a few years, and a minimal chance of NCAA participation, along with anyone that joins them, since they would be in the same boat. And if I'm on the phone with a private institution, I let it drop that the state schools of Wisconsin are leaving the two private schools out in the cold....

And then my very next phone calls are to the athletic departments in De Pere and Duluth, suggesting that we get together real, real soon and have lunch.
            Last edited by Hammer; 02-16-2012, 06:24 PM.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
              It will be virtually impossible to schedule 25 games as a lone independent in Division III hockey.
              If I'm not mistaken, Morrisville, in their first year, played essentially as an independent, finished their season in mid-January, and didn't come close to 25 games.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                If I'm in the MIAC and MCHA front offices, I'm placing multiple calls to my resident members and reminding (and thanking) them with regards to their conference loyalty, and reminding them of that little thing called the Automatic Qualifier that our conference currently has. I'd also mention how it's such a shame about the NCHA breaking up, what with those 5 Wisconsin schools now being without an AQ for a few years, and a minimal chance of NCAA participation, along with anyone that joins them, since they would be in the same boat. And if I'm on the phone with a private institution, I let it drop that the state schools of Wisconsin are leaving the two private schools out in the cold....

And then my very next phone calls are to the athletic departments in De Pere and Duluth, suggesting that we get together real, real soon and have lunch.
                You aren't kidding, because if that report in the Stevens Point paper comes to fruition, that leaves 5 MCHA schools and SNC without an AQ. I would then envision SNC would get the Adrian treatment and not be able to get the Wis. schools on their schedule. As a result their SOS would be so low it would require a near perfect season to have a remote shot at a Pool C berth, as there would be no Pool B. Even then, they likely wouldn't get a bid, as proven by Adrian a few years ago.

The pendulum of power could swing drastically if the WIAC is able to pilfer 3 MCHA schools.

Comment

Originally posted by elbojpb View Post
                  If I'm not mistaken, Morrisville, in their first year, played essentially as an independent, finished their season in mid-January, and didn't come close to 25 games.
                  Close

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Rennell View Post
                    You aren't kidding, because if that report in the Stevens Point paper comes to fruition, that leaves 5 MCHA schools and SNC without an AQ. I would then envision SNC would get the Adrian treatment and not be able to get the Wis. schools on their schedule. As a result their SOS would be so low it would require a near perfect season to have a remote shot at a Pool C berth, as there would be no Pool B. Even then, they likely wouldn't get a bid, as proven by Adrian a few years ago.

The pendulum of power could swing drastically if the WIAC is able to pilfer 3 MCHA schools.
                    And if that report is anything close to true, if I'm in the SNC athletic department, I'm on the phone with the boys over at St. Schollies, and trying to work as a package deal. I'd try to work a deal to the MCHA to get them to 7, taking either both schools or none, and then offering the same deal to the MIAC if the MCHA balks.

God, that was fun...

Comment

And if that report is anything close to true, if I'm in the SNC athletic department, I'm on the phone with the boys over at St. Schollies, and trying to work as a package deal. I'd try to work a deal to the MCHA to get them to 7, taking either both schools or none, and then offering the same deal to the MIAC if the MCHA balks.
                      +1
                      SNC: 2008, 2011, 2012 and 2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

Maybe he was misquoted, because what he said makes no sense whatsoever.
                        Esp. with Point having a tradition of winning Ntl Championships (although not recently).
                        SNC Men:
                        Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
                        NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
                        SNC Women:
                        O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

I stand ... err sit corrected. that was also Becker's first year; hence the 4 games with them.

Comment

I like the package deal option....more leverage for both schools.
                            I know that these two schools have had a very strong hockey relationship over the years.
                            SNC Men:
                            Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
                            NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
                            SNC Women:
                            O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by pete99race View Post
                              Maybe he was misquoted, because what he said makes no sense whatsoever.
                              Esp. with Point having a tradition of winning Ntl Championships (although not recently).
                              Pete:

I can certainly understand your thoughts on misquotes as this does not make any sense. However, the break up of the NCHA does not make sense either. Now is not the time for misquotes if this is indeed what has happened.
                              SNC: 2008, 2011, 2012 and 2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

Also interesting was quote from AD saying now they have an opportunity to win championships. Don't they have that now in the NCHA?
                                Not with SNC in the mix ... read the 1 comment that was posted in the StevensPointJournal article.

Comment

Working...
                                X