Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

tUMD @ MSU-M - Over/under on total posts on this thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tUMD @ MSU-M - Over/under on total posts on this thread...

I'm going with under 25.

UMD has been struggling as of late, but has scored 5 pp goals in its last 61 minutes of hockey. UMD split its series against UND. MSU has been playing .500 hockey for a couple months now. They also did something UMD failed to do, sweep UAA in Anchorage last weekend.

Mankato is a place where UMD has had no trouble winning at. A sweep is possible for UMD but MSU is going to make it very difficult. Coupled with the fact that JT Brown won't play (upper body injury).

A sweep will go a long way to winning the MacNaughton.

I'll be in attendance Friday.
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Re: tUMD @ MSU-M - Over/under on total posts on this thread...

Fontaine update

Comment

I'd have to check my guide, but the games might be on Charter Mainstreet/Mediacom channel in Duluth and possibly other locations too.
      SCSU Hockey: 2001 WCHA Playoff Champions, 2013 WCHA Champions & Frozen Four, 2014 NCHC Champions, 2016 NCHC Playoff Champions
      UMD Women: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2010
      Gopher Football: 1934, 1935, 1936, 1940, 1941, 1960
      Johnnie Football: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003
      UMD Football: 2008, 2010
      UMD Men: 2011

Comment

Unless someone posts a bunch of times with the intention of uping the total, I agree. MSU fans will post <10 times. You guys get 15.

UMD should be able to sweep this weekend unless MSU comes out fast and pressures for the early lead but I don't think they can skate 120 minutes with UMD this weekend. I hope I am wrong. Sitting in the stands for a 6 goals against first period a couple of Saturdays ago was brutal.
        the games haven't been on mainstreet this year (in Kato) they were moved to Charter Xtra (channel 87) in Kato.

Comment

Originally posted by crossjcek View Post
          Unless someone posts a bunch of times with the intention of uping the total, I agree. MSU fans will post <10 times. You guys get 15.
          There aren't many MSU fans left. Watching this team is like the movie Groundhog Day. It's the same thing almost every year.
          My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
            There aren't many MSU fans left. Watching this team is like the movie Groundhog Day. It's the same thing almost every year.
            It will also be because most UMD fans post on a separate messaging board.

MSU has been playing .500 hockey since the holiday break. I was there for a Michigan Tech game and it did not look like 3,200 people. Should be a good number of UMD fans in attendance.
            tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

I'd take the under, but since I'm posting to state my intention, I guess I'll take the over.

Comment

Over. I'll make sure it happens.

Dogs should have a nice crowd in attendance I would hope. Brown is out, but there is a chance Crandall will be back which would be nice. Dogs need 3 points to stay in the Macnaughton/ Final Five bye sweepstakes.

Comment

I'll take the over. Not by much, but it'll be over.

I think it will actually be a decent series. MSU has been playing pretty well for the most part (aside from the MTU drubbing on Saturday night). Lots of close games and Cook has been playing pretty well. I'd like to see Cooper back for this series as this is a much better offensive team than AA is.
                  Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                    It will also be because most UMD fans post on a separate messaging board.

MSU has been playing .500 hockey since the holiday break. I was there for a Michigan Tech game and it did not look like 3,200 people. Should be a good number of UMD fans in attendance.
                    That's what I meant by Groundhog Day. Every year they start out just awful and bury themselves in the standings. Then, when any hope for home ice is long gone, they start to play a little better. Finally, they go on the road for the conference playoffs and get knocked out.

The attendance figures announced are always "optimistic." They obviously count season-ticket holders who don't show, and I think they count the main student section as sold out because those seats are paid for with student fees.
                    My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by AHABulldog View Post
                      Dogs need 3 points to stay in the Macnaughton/ Final Five bye sweepstakes.
                      If UMD gets 3 or more points this weekend, you can pretty much hand them the Cup(depending what happens to DU).
                      "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                        If UMD gets 3 or more points this weekend, you can pretty much hand them the Cup(depending what happens to DU).
                        I'm not so certain. CC and SCSU are going to be tough for UMD. I wouldn't be surprised if DU won the league. It will come down to the final game.

By asking If this thread would reach 25, that pretty much garunteed it would

Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
                        That's what I meant by Groundhog Day. Every year they start out just awful and bury themselves in the standings. Then, when any hope for home ice is long gone, they start to play a little better. Finally, they go on the road for the conference playoffs and get knocked out.

The attendance figures announced are always "optimistic." They obviously count season-ticket holders who don't show, and I think they count the main student section as sold out because those seats are paid for with student fees.
                        I see what you mean about MSU. that's too bad. Glad UMD is not a part of the MNSCU.

All teams do that with attendance. Interesting about the student attendance. That will make the number even larger.
                        tUMD Hockey

Comment

Interesting comment about student attendance. I have never heard that one before. I know they count "paid" attendance so season tickets (a lot of company tickets) are counted but student tickets are claimed at the school during the week so I don't know how they are counted. Maybe Shane can figure this one out for us.

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                            That would be tremendous. I've always wanted to get "Gopher Ruled" at tF5. That is if they are there...

Comment

I'm good just buying tix at the door, right?

Comment

Working...
                              X