Denver at Wisconsin for 4 Big WCHA Points 2/17 & 2/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denver at Wisconsin for 4 Big WCHA Points 2/17 & 2/18

Two teams headed in opposite directions. DU is 9-2-1 in the 2nd half of the season and the Badgers are on a 4-game losing streak. Gwoz and DU have had good success against his alma mater at the Kohl Center. DU needs to keep piling up the wins to get 1st or 2nd in the league and that all important bye in the Final Five and to shore up their PWR. This is the first time in a long time that Wisconsin is not a team under consideration in the PWR this late in the season. Looks like Jason Zucker will be able to play in this series. Not sure about Makowski and Beau Bennett is still out. I would expect Sam Brittain to play goal both nights like he did last weekend. If somehow DU gets a big lead in one of the games, they might give Sam the rest of the game off but rarely does DU have a big lead. It will be interesting to see if DU brings 3 goalies like they did to UAA a few weeks ago.
    DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Re: Denver at Wisconsin for 4 Big WCHA Points 2/17 & 2/18

Originally posted by du78 View Post
    Two teams headed in opposite directions. DU is 9-2-1 in the 2nd half of the season and the Badgers are on a 4-game losing streak. Gwoz and DU have had good success against his alma mater at the Kohl Center. DU needs to keep piling up the wins to get 1st or 2nd in the league and that all important bye in the Final Five and to shore up their PWR. This is the first time in a long time that Wisconsin is not a team under consideration in the PWR this late in the season. Looks like Jason Zucker will be able to play in this series. Not sure about Makowski and Beau Bennett is still out. I would expect Sam Brittain to play goal both nights like he did last weekend. If somehow DU gets a big lead in one of the games, they might give Sam the rest of the game off but rarely does DU have a big lead. It will be interesting to see if DU brings 3 goalies like they did to UAA a few weeks ago.
    DU might take their best 22 players on the road regardless of position.

Look for them to take the 3 goalies as a reward for a job well done, unless they were worried about Zucker's condition and ability to finish the weekend.

Comment

Chambers has an update on Zucker:

University of Denver standout forward Jason Zucker is scheduled to practice today and will likely travel with the team to this weekend's series at Wisconsin, Pioneers coach George Gwozdecky said.

Zucker, a sophomore who has 34 points (15 goals) in 25 games, was knocked unconscious in Friday's game against Minnesota and missed the two-game series finale on Saturday. After dumping the puck in from the neutral zone, he absorbed a blind-side check and shoulder to the head by Gophers freshman Kyle Rau, who was assessed a game-misconduct and was later suspended for Saturday's game by Western Collegiate Hockey Association commissioner Bruce McLeod.
      Read Entire Article from Denver Post

From Chambers on Twitter:
      Also, DU's Beau Bennett, who had wrist surgery in Dec., is skating with the boys, using just one hand. Still couple weeks out
      Last edited by du78; 02-13-2012, 02:56 PM.
      DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

4 big points for DU.

Not sure that they matter much to UW.
        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

The really important aspect of this game is the titanic struggle for 10th and 11th place!!!!!
          My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

I'm making the trip to UW and will be there each night. Any other Denver people going?
            I want to be a fan of the best team in college hockey - so that explains why I am a DENVER fan!

Comment

I'm taking the family on Friday night. This will be the kids (10, 7 and 4 years old) first Hockey game. Please Denver, be merciful, at least let us make it a good game on Friday. Think of the children!

Comment

Originally posted by Innova View Post
                I'm taking the family on Friday night. This will be the kids (10, 7 and 4 years old) first Hockey game. Please Denver, be merciful, at least let us make it a good game on Friday. Think of the children!
                If you want to teach the little tykes how to count, better have the odd duck with the goal count cards (is he still there?) count the DU goals instead of Wisco...just a thought. Long season for Bucky fans...
                Soon to be lurking for two decades !

Comment

Originally posted by 32 Degrees! View Post
                  I'm making the trip to UW and will be there each night. Any other Denver people going?
                  I know there is a group of DU alums heading up from Chicago.

http://alumni.du.edu/s/1150/index_2c...ontent_id=2487

Alumni Relations Multi-chapter Hockey & Post Game Party

DU Pioneer Hockey
                  DU vs. Wisconsin in Madison, WI
                  February 17 and 18
                  Puck drops at 7:07 pm CST both nights

Join DU’s Chicago and Twin Cities Alumni Chapters
                  for a Post-game Party!

Saturday, February 18
                  Nitty Gritty Bar and Grill
                  223 North Frances Street, Madison (one block from Kohl Center)

Reserved room in the back for DU alumni and fans!
                  Appetizers courtesy of the Office of Alumni Relations; Cash Bar
                  Questions? Contact Kevin Friduss

Comment

Kohl Center has been very, very good to us.
                    Pios can't take the weekend off.
                    Another 4 point weekend is the goal.
                    GO DU !!!

Comment

I really, really hate this kind of weekend where I am forced to cheer for stinkin' BADgers.

Comment

Originally posted by Innova View Post
                        You sure picked a doozy for thier first game. I usually take the kids to see the less talented teams so the odds are higher that UW wins, which gets the kids juiced up more.

UW has a borderline excellent home record 11-6-1 or thereabouts (though that didn't mean didley poo against the St. CLowns team), I guess you just don't know what to expect from the young lads. I do know I don't like DU one bit, I'd like to see the lads screw up DU's chances this weekend and foil the rodents the last weekend.
                        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I've heard good things about the student spirit at UW. Regardless of the Badgers win or lose, it should be an inferno compared to Magness Arena's students. Looking forward to it! Go DU
                          I want to be a fan of the best team in college hockey - so that explains why I am a DENVER fan!

Comment

A note for those of you heading to the game on Friday:

Kirk Daubenspeck, former UW goalie who was in an extended coma after a car accident, has made a fantastic ongoing recovery and will be an honorary captain on Friday night. He will be doing some sort of ceremonial puck drop.

If you're going on Friday, don't forget to get there early and give Dauber some love.

http://www.uwbadgers.com/sports/m-ho...021412aae.html
                            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                              I really, really hate this kind of weekend where I am forced to cheer for stinkin' BADgers.
                              You should be ashamed of yourself. for you.
                              GO DU !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X