No announcement yet.

Why was this also not subject to supplemental discipline? JT Brown on Ben Blood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why was this also not subject to supplemental discipline? JT Brown on Ben Blood

IMHO this is a much more violent and dangerous hit done with more intent to hurt and injure than the Rau hit... Thank you Goon for finally finding video of this
    - Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. -

Go Bemidji Beavers
    Go you Green and White
    Go Bemidji Beavers
    Fight with all your might!
    Rah! Rah! Rah!
    We are here to cheer you
    We are out to win your fame,
    So, Go Bemidji Beavers
    Fight to win this game.-Fight.

Re: Why was this also not subject to supplemental discipline? JT Brown on Ben Blood

Look at who the WCHA commissioner is and where he went to school. You do the math.
    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Re: Why was this also not subject to supplemental discipline? JT Brown on Ben Blood

Originally posted by GopherBigGuy911 View Post
      IMHO this is a much more violent and dangerous hit done with more intent to hurt and injure than the Rau hit... Thank you Goon for finally finding video of this

It would have been a strong stance by the wcha to suspend 2 players from different teams on the same night. Of course the wcha is a joke and usually does not get anything right, on the ice or off. Kristo should have been suspended several weekends ago as well...

Comment

But he's on my favorite team. That means he can't be suspended or whatever everyone always argues. He won't play this weekend... call it a suspension

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
          Look at who the WCHA commissioner is and where he went to school. You do the math.
          Pfft, Blood is a goon and deserved it, Zucker is not and didn't.

Comment

That was Blood's punishment for fighing in the hand shake line.
            "My greatest achievement."
            Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

JT Brown ended up getting his... sometimes karma comes to bite you in the butt.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                Pfft, Blood is a goon and deserved it, Zucker is not and didn't.
                Thus Blood proved amazing foresight when he tripped and fell onto Rau in the handshake line.

Zucker just needs to cheapshot Brown and the circle will be complete!
                when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

IMHO this is a much more violent and dangerous hit done with more intent to hurt and injure than the Rau hit... [Thank you Goon for finally finding video of this...]
                  It was just of matter of me leaving Duluth and driving home and then at 11:00 pm last night realizing that I could add this video to the internet.
                  Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
                  Eric's Twitter
                  The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Originally posted by Goon View Post
                    It was just of matter of me leaving Duluth and driving home and then at 11:00 pm last night realizing that I could add this video to the internet.
                    Thank you again and I should of linked the thread to your blog.... my bad
                    - Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. -

Go Bemidji Beavers
                    Go you Green and White
                    Go Bemidji Beavers
                    Fight with all your might!
                    Rah! Rah! Rah!
                    We are here to cheer you
                    We are out to win your fame,
                    So, Go Bemidji Beavers
                    Fight to win this game.-Fight.

Comment

Probably because the hit was not late (Blood was playing the puck) and the shot was not to the guy's head. Was it worthy of a penalty? Absolutely. Then again, so does the slash that has resulted in Brown being sidelined with an undisclosed injury...

Rau came from center ice to hit a guy who had already released the puck for some time and gave him a hard shot to the chin. The WCHA has already talked about cracking down on hits to the head, so the suspension (while capricious) isn't all that surprising to someone without maroon and gold glasses on.
                      University of Minnesota Duluth Bulldogs
                      2007 Alumni
                      WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1984, 1985, 1993
                      WCHA Tournament Champions: 1984, 1985, 2009
                      NCAA Appearances: 1983, 1984, 1985, 1993, 2004, 2009, 2011
                      Frozen Four Appearances: 1984, 1985, 2004, 2011
                      National Champions: 2011

Comment

Thank you again and I should of linked the thread to your blog.... my bad
                        No worries.
                        Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
                        Eric's Twitter
                        The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Saturday night Ben Blood did the same hit to Jack Connolly, I'm guessing you had the blinders on for that one.

Comment

two hands directly to the head, when a guy isnt looking, a second after he releases the puck,
                            or a hit from behind, at an acute angle along the boards to a guy carrying the puck (i.e. not directly into, and perpendicular to the boards)?

huh... and Blood usually does the perpendicular thing.

Comment

I think someone has a crush on Ben Blood.
                              Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Working...
                              X