Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Awarding goals – net dislodged by defensive team.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Awarding goals – net dislodged by defensive team.

What did Adrian do? I did not think they did anything bad on the ice, other than taking too many penalties against SNC. Their fans were great. Must have been the press conference after the final (which I missed).
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

In your link, I found the following discussion item:

Selection Criteria. The committee discussed the selection principle that teams are selected for Division III championships on a national basis using regional selection criteria and noted that sport committees often find it challenging to compare teams from different regions if the teams have no head-to-head contests or common opponents; there is little data in the regional (primary) criteria to compare. The committee discussed including all contests against Division III opponents in the primary criteria and including all contests against non-Division III opponents in the secondary criteria (i.e., “a game is a game” against Division III opponents). To maintain the Division III philosophy of emphasizing in-region competition, an institution must meet a minimum threshold (e.g., 70 percent) of in-region contests to be eligible for selection. Initial feedback from the sport committee chairs was positive, especially with the understanding that the potential change to the selection criteria, the implementation of the regional alignment models and any changes to the ranking process (e.g., sport committees to rank 15 percent of the teams in each region, with an established minimum and/or maximum number of teams ranked) would occur at the same time (i.e., 2013-14 academic year). It is anticipated that regardless of changes to the selection criteria or ranking process, many institutions will continue to schedule the majority of their contests based on geographic proximity to minimize travel expenses.
      And this...coming right after Adrian's fine

Championship Date Formula Change. The committee accepted as information that the men’s ice hockey committee anticipates requesting a championship date formula change to facilitate a joint championship format with Division I men’s ice hockey in 2015.
      2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
      2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
      2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
      2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

... future combined championship in men's ice hockey (Divisions I and III)
        Larry Normandin
        SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
        WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
          What did Adrian do? I did not think they did anything bad on the ice, other than taking too many penalties against SNC. Their fans were great. Must have been the press conference after the final (which I missed).
          I saw the press conference. Nothing there. I'm guessing there was some kind of protocol violation. *shrug*
          FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Only 177 pages. Not bad

Comment

Originally posted by snc1 View Post
              Only 177 pages. Not bad
              And that excerpt is from page 176
              Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

With three eastern sites - Tampa, Pittsburgh and Philly - 2015 FF will likely be out west, right?

D1 semis Thursday, D3 Friday, then two title games Saturday?

Not that I like the idea...
                St. Norbert College Green Knights
                NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
                NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
                NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
                ---
                SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

I can't imagine this actually being approved? The added expense of sending Div III schools to the likes of Florida, and "West" as in Colorado or California sort of contradicts the NCAA Div III philosophy of keeping costs at their lowest during the selection process
                  2012-2013 Last Person Standing Champion
                  2012-2013 SUNYAC Pick'Em Champion
                  2012-2013, 2013-2014, 2016-2017 D-III Pick'Em Challenge Champion
                  2013-2014 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Champion, 2014-2015 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Co-Champion
                  2013-2014 Last Person Standing Losers Bracket Loser Champion
                  2014-2015 Atlantic Hockey Pick'em Champion

"A fast body-contact game played by men with clubs in their hands and knives laced to their feet.” - Paul Gallico

Comment

Hell, in the late 90's the Frozen Four was in Anaheim. Think about that one for a minute, if we get a year with a true 8-3 split and 3 eastern teams in the semis.
                    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Not only the distance, but TIME. You're now asking teams to either start later (okay okay NESCACians) or finish up their conference playoffs and wait around for almost a month before the NCAA's....are they going to let D3 go to a 30+ game schedule to lengthen that time? doubtful....thanks but no thanks. Not only that, we finally just got our own neutral sites where tickets are much easier to get a hold of, how fun is that going to be to get on the list for seats years in advance....sign me up...not
                      Remy Babineaux
                      remyb616@gmail.com
                      D3FHL Web Page

Comment

It's all RIT's fault.

Comment

Originally posted by 97osu View Post
                          I can't imagine this actually being approved? The added expense of sending Div III schools to the likes of Florida, and "West" as in Colorado or California sort of contradicts the NCAA Div III philosophy of keeping costs at their lowest during the selection process
                          It should be noted that this in a section titled "Professional Sports Organizations Sponsorship of Intercollegiate Competition Events" - some of their examples excerpted below. The concept would shift substantial financial burden, heavily restricted, to the supporting "Professional Organization", the theory being that combining the two divisions increases the professional organizations "publicity" while providing certain cost saving "synergies" to everyone involved, providing benefits to all - including "top of mind awareness" to all participants (schools & sponsors), making recruiting of both players and patrons easier. Yes, their are significant logistics (many of which DI already deals with), but don't think the recent outdoor stadium games are a coincidence - its all about $$$ (in the name of the "student-athlete experience).

It should be permissible for a professional sports organization to serve as a financial sponsor of related promotional, marketing and ancillary events, including as an
                          identified sponsor of an ancillary event.

Example No. 1
                          The Omaha Storm Chasers may be involved in promoting the NCAA Division I Baseball Championship through in-game announcements and
                          by providing advertising space in game programs at no charge to the NCAA, host institution or local organizing committee.

Example No. 2
                          The Baltimore Ravens may be involved in promoting the NCAA Divisions I/II/III Men's Lacrosse Championship at Ravens games through distribution of information to season ticket holders and by providing advertising during all events (e.g., concerts, games) at no charge to the NCAA, host institution or local organizing committee.

Example No. 3
                          The Indiana Fever may have a booth at Tourney Town during the NCAA Division I Women's Final Four.

Example No. 4
                          The Minnesota Wild may financially sponsor and also be identified as a sponsor for the "Friday Night at the Frozen Four" event during the NCAA Division I Men's Frozen Four.

Example No. 5
                          The National Pro Fastpitch League may promote each division's NCAA championship on its website and during each of its team's games.

3. It should be clarified that "financial sponsor" of an event is specific to the event itself and not any particular institution, conference or the NCAA.

Example No. 1
                          The Boston Bruins may financially sponsor the Beanpot Hockey Tournament, but not serve as a sponsor (financial or identifiable) of
                          Boston University, Boston College, Harvard University or Northeastern University.

Example No. 2
                          The Minnesota Twins may financially sponsor an ice hockey game between the University of St. Thomas (Minnesota) and Macalester Professional Sports Organizations Sponsorship of Intercollegiate Competition Events College, but it may not sponsor (financial or identifiable) either institution.

4. It should be impermissible for a professional sports organization to provide a direct financial donation to an institution, conference or the NCAA.

Example No.1
                          While the New York Yankees may partner with the Big East Conference and the Big 12 Conference to financially sponsor the New Era Pinstripe
                          Bowl (or donate use of the stadium) and each conference may receive some financial benefit as a result of the various financial arrangements
                          made regarding hosting and sponsoring the event (e.g., split concession profits), the New York Yankees could not provide a direct cash donation
                          to either conference.

Example No. 2
                          The Indianapolis Pacers may not provide a direct financial donation to local Divisions I, II and III institutions.

5. It should remain impermissible for a professional sports organization to affiliate with student-athletes (e.g., logos, marks) in any manner.

Note: Current legislation already prohibits this.

Additional Information to Consider

Each respective divisional championships body is reviewing the same agreed-on outcomes for consideration for the 2011-12 legislative cycle. Each division has been operating under a waiver for NCAA championships that have occurred since the issue was originally raised and a
                          legislative change is necessary for future NCAA championships
                          Last edited by norm1909; 02-13-2012, 06:01 AM.
                          Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Week 1: Round 1 on campus
                            Week 2: Quarterfinals on campus
                            Week 3: Semifinals on campus
                            Week 4: off? Final Four in hoops
                            Week 5: Finals at neutral site

Thursday: D1 semis
                            Friday: D3 finals
                            Saturday: D1 finals

In theory you could do a best of 3 each week but that would violate D3 principles.

One more thing - has anyone looked at the price of a Frozen Four ticket?? It's approaching $200.
                            Last edited by joecct; 02-13-2012, 06:40 AM.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

When the NCAA says the "2011 championship" they probably mean the frozen four as a whole but can't refer to it as that because that phrase is reserved for D1.
                              For this who were at the "championships" they may remember the altercation between Adrian and coach Gosek after the first semifinal game. Possible that is were the misconduct came from.
                              Non the less a grand is no big deal and I'm sure the Arrington trust can afford that. Not really worth the effort to fine them. Maybe just wanted a reprimand on record. ??

Comment

Working...
                              X