Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2011-12 MN Gophers Season Thread Pt II: Still Full Of Pride!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2011-12 MN Gophers Season Thread Pt II: Still Full Of Pride!

Originally posted by chickod View Post
    You completely missed the point (or didn't actually read my post). I am a BU fan...I was simply sharing information based on the fact that we play them at least 4 times each year. If you're not interested - fine - but it was not meant to convey "overconfidence" (which has no meaning because I do not root for BC). I think that we certainly have played them respectably over the years (and we beat them twice this year), but if you don't care to know how we did it - fine. It doesn't matter to me. It seems like perhaps YOU are the one who is overconfident.
    I'd like to see you come back. I did read your post and it doesn't matter that you are BU, there is still overconfidence on these boards re: BC. I was hoping to show the other side of the equation. In the end, I really don't think a pickem call is overconfident.

Originally posted by Hammy View Post
    I think you guys are taking the discussion too seriously anyway. We'll find out soon enough who can do what. Both teams are very good and have the capability of beating the other.
    Just 'discussing' is all.
    Last edited by 5mn_Major; 03-27-2012, 03:41 PM.
    Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      The numbers are very close. I've been saying for months that Minnesota had National Championship numbers for Goals Against per Game and Goals Per Game. I get no credit for that, however anything negative I've said is immediately logged in everyone's memory bank.
      I remember that, at first I thought you were on something but now I see you were on to something.

Comment

If both teams bring their A games, I think it's a pick 'em. However, BC has the edge because they more consistently bring their A game.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
          If both teams bring their A games, I think it's a pick 'em. However, BC has the edge because they more consistently bring their A game.
          Gotta agree with that 100%.
          @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
          On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
          High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            The numbers are very close. I've been saying for months that Minnesota had National Championship numbers for Goals Against per Game and Goals Per Game.
            Unfortunately, if the same standard is applied to your argument as the one that was applied to mine, you'd be told that you should have waited until all the numbers were in the books. We're not allowed to discuss anything until the field is set because something might change.

Oh, and there's a simpler / faster way of saying what you just said: "goal differential".

My only issue with that argument is that if it was made fairly early in the season, the numbers would be pretty significantly skewed by the Sacred Heart games.

Comment

Bakunin, every good teams buries the patsies.

As for the rest of it, I started a post yesterday trying to explain why the Gophers should not be overlooked and in the end I thought, "eff it" and scrapped it. These games aren't played on paper anyway they're played on your TV.

Comment

This year's team lost to Vermont *and* Northeastern, though (I think those losses cost MN something like 4-5 spots in the pairwise).

Comment

Sounds like a lot of whistling past the graveyard.
                  Originally posted by mookie1995
                  bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                  Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                  Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                    Sounds like a lot of whistling past the graveyard.
                    One of the benefits of going to the Froz4...trying to understand New Englanders
                    Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                      One of the benefits of going to the Froz4...trying to understand New Englanders
                      It's a wicked pis-sah good time.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                      And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                      Twenty red lights in his honor
                      Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

MN fans, as info, and just so you don't think BC fans are arrogant and cocky, the people on this and other threads stating that BC has this one in the bag are almost exclusively NOT BC fans. After last year and 07 vs MSU, most BC fans know this is anyone's game

Comment

We know arrogance. Hell, we invented it.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                          And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                          Twenty red lights in his honor
                          Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                            We know arrogance. Hell, we invented it.
                            No, but you're arrogant enough to think you did.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                              Bakunin, every good teams buries the patsies.

As for the rest of it, I started a post yesterday trying to explain why the Gophers should not be overlooked and in the end I thought, "eff it" and scrapped it. These games aren't played on paper anyway they're played on your TV.
                              Besides you had one hell of a time getting that paper on the internet tubes!

BTW... where I come from burning pasties is considered a sin.
                              Last edited by firstpusk; 03-27-2012, 07:36 PM.
                              "...and that only took six seconds!"

Comment

http://www.splitsvillelanes.com/mobile/#tampa.html

Evidently this will be the Minnesota hangout, for those going to Tampa. It is a five minute walk from the rink.

Not a huge fan of the name of the place, as a split isn't really what I am hoping for.

Edit: And no, I am not hoping to lose the first game.
                                Last edited by state of hockey; 03-27-2012, 08:22 PM.
                                the state of hockey is good

Comment

Working...
                                X