Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2011-12 MN Gophers Season Thread Pt II: Still Full Of Pride!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2011-12 MN Gophers Season Thread Pt II: Still Full Of Pride!

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    BU 3 Minnesota 2.
    Good. Minnesota seems to do better when you are not so optimistic.

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierBBall_GopherHockey View Post
      Good. Minnesota seems to do better when you are not so optimistic.
      Good point, and we are not playing on a Friday night so we have that going for us...
      Originally posted by CavalryNate
      Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
      sigpic

Comment

I'm surprised the selection committee passed up on a potential BU/BC in-your-face rivalry matchup, not to mention a truckload of benjis. Maybe they were trying to prevent a beanhead riot in bean town. Should be a very entertaining West regional though, but I'm not so confident my Gophers will make it out alive. My prediction: this is the year for Hakstol and UND to finally get the hardware...ugh.
        Last edited by HarleyMC; 03-18-2012, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
          I'm surprised the selection committee passed up on a potential BU/BC in-your-face rivalry matchup, not to mention a truckload of benjis. Maybe were trying to prevent a beanhead riot in bean town. Should be a very entertaining West regional though, but I'm not so confident my Gophers will make it out alive. My prediction: this is the year for Hakstol and UND to finally get the hardware...ugh.
          Maine brings a ton of fans. They are like North Dakota of the East in many ways. NCAA will be making good coin from Worcester.
          Originally posted by reBlur
          the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
            Not condoning anything done to the native populations of the American continent, but it's not like the Europeans intentionally killed millions with smallpox and measles; the transmission of those diseases was inevitable once contact was made and trade commenced. Plus while the Europeans wanted to colonize the continent, they also wanted slave labor. You can't easily get that if everybody is dead.
            I rest my case.

Comment

Last edited by 80Miracle; 01-13-2013, 02:23 PM.

Comment

My money is on BC.

If MN goes into vengeance mode, they could make it through. However, if they remain in brick mode, they could be done Saturday night. BU did not impress me when I saw their game vs Maine. They have a few skilled guys up front and a very solid goaltender, but that's pretty much it for them. They gave up a ****load of shots to UNH and Maine in the HE tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                  Maine brings a ton of fans. They are like North Dakota of the East in many ways. NCAA will be making good coin from Worcester.
                  Maine will fill seats, but nothing like the intensity of a BU/BC matchup to tear Boston in half.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                    Maine brings a ton of fans. They are like North Dakota of the East in many ways.
                    So the state has no trees and a bunch of hicks waging war on the NCAA over a nickname dispute?

Comment

• Originally posted by 80Miracle View Post
                      I wonder if Eruzione, Silk, O'Callahan, and Craig will fly into St Paul and join their fellow 1980 Olympicans?
                      Would be cool
                      @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                      On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                      High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

I like our chances.

Comment

Originally posted by Go4PuckFan2.0 View Post
                          I rest my case.
                          God. You really can't be that thick.

Comment

Congrats ladies! Gophers 2012 National Champs

Stars of the game:

#3 Kessel
                            #2 Erickson
                            #1 Raty
                            Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by siouxinminny View Post
                              Can't wait for the Big 10 Conference so we can scratch you rodents off of the schedule. Have fun playing Penn State 4 times every season. Maybe you can even schedule a Big 10 vs. ACC challenge. Think big!
                              Hey jealousy! Jealousy!
                              Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                              dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                              wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Edit:

Oops, faux pas...sounds like Lucia said (@ 0:23), "Jack Dupark is an outstanding coach".
                                Last edited by HarleyMC; 03-19-2012, 12:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X