Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2011-12 MN Gophers Season Thread Pt II: Still Full Of Pride!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2011-12 MN Gophers Season Thread Pt II: Still Full Of Pride!

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
    That doesn't make any sense. Why would you care when MN faces them in the NCAA's? The stakes are the same: lose and you're done.
    It makes perfect sense. I don't like the match up. If UMD and Minnesota meet in the Frozen Four or the Final Five it will be an unavoidable situation where both teams progressed in the tournament.

If they meet in the regional it will be because they were placed there together by the NCAA.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
      Per Sioux Sports, if MN wins the Final Five, they have about a 3 in 4 chance of getting a #1 seed. If they don't get the #1 seed, they will almost certainly be 5th-6th overall (strong #2 seed). There's a tiny chance (about 1 in 100) that they'd be 7th-8th.

If MN loses Friday night, there's a 93% chance they'll be 7th-10th overall (weak #2 / strong #3).

With all that said, if we take the probability of MN winning their games into account, I would estimate the following:
      #1 seed: 20%
      #2 seed: 60%
      #3 seed: 20% (55% of scenarios put them here with a loss Friday)
      According to Jim Dahl at SiouxSports, here is how he breaks down our seeding probability:

Win 0: 1 Seed - 0%, 2 Seed - 45.5%, 3 Seed - 54.4%
      Win 2: 1 Seed - 76.1%, 2 Seed - 23.9%
      @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
      On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
      High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

That's basically what I said. You didn't have to repeat it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
          That's basically what I said. You didn't have to repeat it.
          Sorry, I misunderstood. About the 1 millionth mistake I've made today. Yikes!

Comment

It's pretty sad when we've had all this great coverage of college hockey this year and the best ESPN can do for the regionals is ESPNU/ESPN3 and the best they can do for the Frozen Four is ESPNU/ESPN2.

Sad.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              It's pretty sad when we've had all this great coverage of college hockey this year and the best ESPN can do for the regionals is ESPNU/ESPN3 and the best they can do for the Frozen Four is ESPNU/ESPN2.

Sad.
              Agreed. Pretty pathetic.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

Sad.
                I thought NBC did an amazing job of covering the select few games they televised this season, I would totally be in favor of them covering all college hockey from now on.
                "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

• Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
                  I thought NBC did an amazing job of covering the select few games they televised this season, I would totally be in favor of them covering all college hockey from now on.
                  I think a lof of us feel the same way.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

Sad.
                    While this sucks, it may virtually guarantee they win it all. I will not be around for the NCAA weekends and was going to rely on my brother to tape them (and hope he can give me the tapes with a poker face so I don't know what happened. Unlike my Dad who either has a smile, or one time said, in a somber tone, "you can waste your time watching this if you want to". Really makes it hard to guess the outcome. Makes for wonderful viewing.) Anyway, the point is, I am not sure my brother gets these channels so I might miss all the games. Given the agony of the past few seasons, it would make sense that when I can't watch the NCAA for the first time in years, it would be one where the Gophs win. If this happens, you can send cash or checks to me. (And I can't help it, so don't tell me what an idiot I am. I already know.)

Comment

Originally posted by Go4PuckFan2.0 View Post
                      They're going lose on Friday.
                      Gophs could well lose on Friday. Its been a pattern. I do wonder how much of it has to do with faithfully rolling 4 lines. It may well be the right thing to do...but it puts risk of a slow start to any weekend.
                      Go Gophers!

Comment

Justin Kloos tweet to Jake Guentzel

“@jkloos15: @jakenbake20 god you look like a gopher”

Comment

• Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                          Gophs could well lose on Friday. Its been a pattern. I do wonder how much of it has to do with faithfully rolling 4 lines. It may well be the right thing to do...but it puts risk of a slow start to any weekend.
                          I suspect that the coaches have attempted to address the Friday "Take-The-Night-Off" phenomenon.

To little avail.

They could roll 3 lines. They could roll 2. Hell, they could roll 5.

They could break a chalkboard (do locker rooms still have those?)

Won't matter.

They play one game this weekend then hope for a favorable draw in the NCAA's.

Comment

Originally posted by Go4PuckFan2.0 View Post
                            I suspect that the coaches have attempted to address the Friday "Take-The-Night-Off" phenomenon.

To little avail.

They could roll 3 lines. They could roll 2. Hell, they could roll 5.

They could break a whiteboard

Won't matter.

They play one game this weekend then hope for a favorable draw in the NCAA's.
                            fyp

Although I disagree. I think they are past the Friday doldrums. (OK, I hope so anyway.)

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                              fyp

Although I disagree. I think they are past the Friday doldrums. (OK, I hope so anyway.)
                              Yeah, I don't get the negativity. I would hope they are past it. Plus they will be playing in front of (what should be) an electric crowd regardless of who wins tonight. It will be a lot of fun. I bet they come to play. Not positive they will win but I bet they come to play.
                              "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Do the Gophers adjust to the NHL rink well? They obviously were able to get wins all season on the NHL sheet to be able to win the WCHA title, but did they play well and look sharp? That is a nice advantage for UMD, DU, UMD, & MTU who all have NHL size rinks.

It will be interesting to see how SCSU looks tonight, especially on their special teams.

Comment

Working...
                                X