UAA @ SCSU: Its Not Personal, Its Business

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UAA @ SCSU: Its Not Personal, Its Business

UAA comes off getting swept by Mankato at home, SCSU comes off a bye after sweeping UW in Madison.

The last time these two teams met UAA won on home ice in a meaningless tournament where they came from behind. Its tough to win all three games against the same opponent in one season, so if they can come away with two wins this weekend they picked the right game to lose. SCSU is desperate for points, and a sweep puts them in a really good spot to steal a home ice slot... CC travels to Duluth, BSU travels to Minnesota (though if they end up having to fight with BSU I doubt they get home ice) and UNO @ CC is a series where we could catch the a swept team in points and MTU @ UND is a series where we could leapfrog the series loser.

With UAA getting swept at home by the next worst team in the WCHA, they pretty much finalized their last place finish. If they lose this series, they clinch the basement, and if Wisconsin gets some points against Denver even a split won't help. UAA was a lot of people's dark horse team, though for the record, I have them finishing 11th, ahead of Mankato, and with a better weekend this past weekend, that's what likely would have happened. "The Seawolves are who I THOUGHT they were." No lets not let the Seapuppies off the hook.

UAA seems to be guttyand feisty at times, and the last time these two squads met at the NHC, a freshman named Ben Hanowski crushed the spirits of UAA fans likely more than UAA players when he tied up the game with 0.1 remaining on the clock when Anchorage has never won at the NHC.

Normally this is where I'd predict the outcome of both games, but in the spirit of what Bob and the boys gotta be thinking and doing... SCSU wins Friday, THEN we worry about Saturday.
    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Re: UAA @ SCSU: Its Not Personal, Its Business

well it is a must sweep for the Huskies if they have any chance at home ice. The NHC has been a house of horrors for UAA, so here is hoping it continues.
    I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Anything other than 4 points for SCSU is going to be a major disappointment.

Comment

Sadly SCSU sweeps. This UAA team is just not good.
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

I like our chances to sweep if we play like we did against UND, MN and Wisconsin. A quick peak at UAA's results and it looks pretty obvious they struggle on the road (2-9-1?). Hopefully SCSU doesn't take them lightly though - we're playing good hockey and losing at home to a struggling UAA team would not be good.
          "Today I do what you won't, so tomorrow I can do what you can't." - Unknown

Between autocorrect, touch typing and a lack of desire or time to proofread on the internet, there are likely errors in any text I post. If pointing these out will add to your sense of self worth and validate your life, knock yourself out.

Comment

No way they are overlooking UAA with the way they've been playing, especially without a full lineup.
            They won't be taking anyone lightly.
            "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
            Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
            Grandma ~ Jan 2004
            Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
            Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
              No way they are overlooking UAA with the way they've been playing, especially without a full lineup.
              They won't be taking anyone lightly.
              I hope you are right! A sweep this weekend would really make the last couple weekends exciting. I want to see a home playoff series and our squad in the final five.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
                I hope you are right! A sweep this weekend would really make the last couple weekends exciting. I want to see a home playoff series and our squad in the final five.
                Even if SCSU doesn't get home ice, I have been on record as saying that I would not want to be the team that draws SCSU in the first round WCHAs. You guys got a scrappy squad and I could easily see SCSU pushing a series to 3 games if not winning it. AA is a good team to keep the mojo going against. Everybody sweeps AA.....except Duluth!
                "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Holy Alaskan Thunderphuque! Righteous!
                  Bob is making me concerned
                  I am the voice of reason

Comment

They've played hard in every series for at least the last 2 months.
                    I don't see that changing just because the opponent is in last.
                    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
                      Holy Alaskan Thunderphuque! Righteous!
                      puff puff give......

In Bob we Trust!

Comment

ripe for an upset. overlooked last place. sluggish layoff fans over confident. karma bites huskies. 3-2 , 2-5

Comment

puff puff give......
                          puff puff... here you go Tipsy...
                          Originally posted by Skeeterman
                          Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
                          "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Originally posted by Tundra View Post
                            ripe for an upset. overlooked last place. sluggish layoff fans over confident. karma bites huskies. 3-2 , 2-5
                            good thing the fans don't play the game.....

In Bob we Trust!

Comment

Originally posted by Lady wore Black View Post
                              puff puff... here you go Tipsy...
                              Just picked up some skunk lettuce. I am seeing a sweep. Seeing one shutout from Lee on Friday and he lets in two on Saturday and we score four and SWEEEEEP.

*cough, cough

Anyone else want to hit this?
                              Originally posted by SJHovey
                              Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                              Originally posted by Brenthoven
                              We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Working...
                              X