Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: tOfficial 2012 Outdoor Great Lakes Invitational Thread

Michigan unveils GLI Jerseys

*****http://cmsimg.freep.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=C4&Date=20120509&Category=SPORTS06&ArtNo=120509034&Ref=V1&MaxW=600&Border=0******
    *****http://cmsimg.freep.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=C4&Date=20120509&Category=SPORTS06&ArtNo=120509034&Ref=V2&MaxW=600&Border=0******
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Kinda ignore the helmets- those will be winged. At least that's what's being reported via the insiders at rivals.

Comment

I'm pretty sure I heard WMU will also be getting GLI jerseys.

No word on MSU yet. They will be getting new uniforms for this season, including an alternate that Anastos has hinted at being a throwback that includes the script "Michigan State" we had before the rebranding. So I could see us just making a road version of that and using those for the GLI.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

How do they determine the "hone" team for this tournament?

I may actually be in the Detroit area for this. Am I too late to get tickets? Or have they not yet gone on sale?

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            How do they determine the "hone" team for this tournament?

I may actually be in the Detroit area for this. Am I too late to get tickets? Or have they not yet gone on sale?
            Tech is always the home team. The 4th team is always the road team.

For MSU/UM, I have no clue how they decide. I always assumed the seeding was (1) Tech vs (3) MSU/UM and (2) MSU/UM vs (4) 4th team, so that if it was an MSU-UM final the school that played the 4th team would be the home team, but this year UM would have been the 2 seed in my format but MSU was the home team.

And I don't believe tickets have even gone on sale yet. When you hear about Winter Classic tickets going on sale, I'd look then because I'm guessing they'll put all the events at UM and Comerica on sale at the same time.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
              I'm pretty sure I heard WMU will also be getting GLI jerseys.

No word on MSU yet. They will be getting new uniforms for this season, including an alternate that Anastos has hinted at being a throwback that includes the script "Michigan State" we had before the rebranding. So I could see us just making a road version of that and using those for the GLI.
              Seeing that MSU did nothing special for the Big Chill a couple of years back, I kind of have my doubts the AD will do anything special for the GLI. If they do, they will not do anything that'll stray too far from the rebranding initiative Hollis pushed forward three years ago.

That said, IMO, MSU's new regular season uniforms will be their uniforms for the GLI, too.

Also, bias aside, it really looks like UM grabbed those sweaters off the clearance rack at a Steve and Barry's just before they went out of business.
              Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
              66 - 86 - 07
              59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
              59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

Considering that 1) Joe Louis is never, ever a sellout for the GLI, and 2) they've doubled the number of seats... I think it's safe to say that you'll be ok.

Comment

I'm excited to see what jerseys each team will wear. One of the best parts about Outdoor games is the throwbacks.
                  tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                    Kinda ignore the helmets- those will be winged. At least that's what's being reported via the insiders at rivals.
                    Oh thank goodness. I'd hate to think that while throwing back to 1970s hockey jerseys, they'd manage to forget to throw back to the days when hockey players wore 1930s football helmets.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                      Considering that 1) Joe Louis is never, ever a sellout for the GLI, and 2) they've doubled the number of seats... I think it's safe to say that you'll be ok.
                      Yeah, but it's at Comerica.

Comment

I think you'll still be just fine.

And I'm more than certain we'll be able to find you a suitable martini between games.
                        FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Yeah, but it's at Comerica.
                          You greatly overestimate the popularity of this tourney in recent years. Outdoor or not, there will be walk-up tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
                            Seeing that MSU did nothing special for the Big Chill a couple of years back, I kind of have my doubts the AD will do anything special for the GLI...
                            FYI - The word on the street is that ALL CCHA teams will wear four different jerseys styles during this season to highlight the end of the CCHA.
                            Ryan J
                            Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                            https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                            Originally posted by geezer
                            Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                            Originally posted by manurespreader
                            ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

FYI - This was just confirmed by Michigan Tech, the dates of the GLI have been changed.
                              The GLI will now be December 27th and 28th.
                              I know I put a lot of less than serious stuff on here from time to time, but this is factual.
                              I'm heading off to change my hotel reservations right now.
                              Ryan J
                              Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                              https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                              Originally posted by geezer
                              Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                              Originally posted by manurespreader
                              ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

While unveiling their new jerseys, MSU also revealed throwback alternates, which will be worn for the first time during the GLI.

*****http://grfx.cstv.com/schools/msu/graphics/third-jerseys-m-ice.jpg******

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Working...
                                X