X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2011-12 Part II

Originally posted by Yeti View Post
    I'm that writer.

Jake had an outstanding camp. In my opinion, he was one of the top three non-veteran forwards in the entire camp (110+ players). A bit on the small size, but he plays like he's much bigger. Loves to throw his body around. Very skilled with the puck. Good hands, and great wheels. He tweeted tonight that he'll be in Lincoln next season. Looking forward to that.
    Thanks for the reports and the post here. We'll certainly appreciate comments next season.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
      Absolutely-staying at Delbarton would do little for him. Next year they will have as little competition as they have had the past few years. From what we saw this past year-it is time to move up somewhere. It will be interesting to see how he progresses.
      Assuming that no forwards leave early, three are graduating: O'Grady, Lee, and Burgdoerfer. In Bourbonnais, Wood, and DeVito, we already have replacements. I guess this is not a bad situation to be in.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        Assuming that no forwards leave early, three are graduating: O'Grady, Lee, and Burgdoerfer. In Bourbonnais, Wood, and DeVito, we already have replacements. I guess this is not a bad situation to be in.
        Im kinda hoping we see Melanson come to RPI in 2013. Like you said we already have replacements for the senior forwards that year but maybe SA could bring in an extra forward (Melanson) with the scholarship money opened up with Merriam graduating. Im just a little nervous if we end up asking Melanson to wait a year, especially if he's ready to start college in 2013, that he'll change his mind on RPI and end up someplace in Hockey East.

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
          Im kinda hoping we see Melanson come to RPI in 2013. Like you said we already have replacements for the senior forwards that year but maybe SA could bring in an extra forward (Melanson) with the scholarship money opened up with Merriam graduating. Im just a little nervous if we end up asking Melanson to wait a year, especially if he's ready to start college in 2013, that he'll change his mind on RPI and end up someplace in Hockey East.
          I could not have said it better-one more year should be all this boy needs. If he can progress in the USHL-hopefully we can bring him to Troy before anything else can occur which might change that. He is a potential really good one-and we are not the only ones who have noticed that as evidenced by all the attention we saw him getting at Delbarton the past 2 years.
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
            Absolutely-staying at Delbarton would do little for him. Next year they will have as little competition as they have had the past few years. From what we saw this past year-it is time to move up somewhere. It will be interesting to see how he progresses.
            FWIW, Melanson was selected to play in the Lancers camp "all-star" game to wrap up the weekends events in Omaha. (post 13)

http://finishyourcheck.com/topic/654...-lancers-camp/

In a different thread, a poster mentioned Bourbonnais as a standout on the green team during the Cedar Rapids camp.

http://finishyourcheck.com/topic/654...s-tryout-camp/

I cant remember, was RPI in the running for Poturalski before he committed to UNH?

Comment

I have the same concerns. The fact taht he left Delbarton for a better situation indicates that he could do the same for RPI. I am sure that SA realizes this and will try to keep Melanson happy. We will certainly be talking about this next season if he plays well in the USHL.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

FWIW, Melanson was selected to play in the Lancers camp "all-star" game to wrap up the weekends events in Omaha. (post 13)

http://finishyourcheck.com/topic/654...-lancers-camp/

In a different thread, a poster mentioned Bourbonnais as a standout on the green team during the Cedar Rapids camp.

http://finishyourcheck.com/topic/654...s-tryout-camp/

I cant remember, was RPI in the running for Poturalski before he committed to UNH?
                Thanks for the links. I don't recall anything about Poturalski.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

midnight bump...
                  Here we come!

Comment

Originally posted by fr joe View Post
                    midnight bump...
                    Did something happen finally on the recruit front?
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by fr joe View Post
                      midnight bump...
                      Did something happen finally on the recruit front?
                      it's not nice to tease
                      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Slooow news day... news month.
                        Here we come!

Comment

With the NHL draft tonight and tomorrow, do we have anyone that might go in the later rounds?
                          Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                          Benjamin Franklin
                          The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                          Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                            With the NHL draft tonight and tomorrow, do we have anyone that might go in the later rounds?
                            Doubtful. Zalewski has been passed over twice but has been improving. Bubela has also been passed over twice. Bradley and Bourbonnais have been passed over once. Commers is a first-time eligible. The rest seem even less likely.

Melanson and Tironese won't be eligible until next year but seem more likely than any recruit now.

Sometimes I think that after Pirri and D'Amigo, SA is looking for recruits who have less of a pro potential.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Doubtful. Zalewski has been passed over twice but has been improving. Bubela has also been passed over twice. Bradley and Bourbonnais have been passed over once. Commers is a first-time eligible. The rest seem even less likely.

Melanson and Tironese won't be eligible until next year but seem more likely than any recruit now.

Sometimes I think that after Pirri and D'Amigo, SA is looking for recruits who have less of a pro potential.
                              Perhaps, like his idol, he isn't looking for the best players, but the right ones.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                                Perhaps, like his idol, he isn't looking for the best players, but the right ones.
                                Well, his job is to craft and coach an excellent college team. Of course, developing players for the future is always somewhat expected and reflects well on a coach, but it doesn't help his basic goal (RPI winning) if the players are so awesome and develop so well that they leave early.

Comment

Working...
                                X