X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2011-12 Part II

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    He is still 15, so he could grow quite a bit. He might even have during the year.
    hope so. Genetically it would appear he should. But you never know-there is always the possibility he was adopted. Would have a much better guess if we could see some X-Rays of his long bones and see the status of his epiphyses. Still a great way to determine bone age.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
      hope so. Genetically it would appear he should. But you never know-there is always the possibility he was adopted. Would have a much better guess if we could see some X-Rays of his long bones and see the status of his epiphyses. Still a great way to determine bone age.
      Good point about the adoption possibility. Remember Greg Kemp who was adopted.

Seriously, I would think that the size question was considered while we were recruiting him.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
        the last conversation with the one who would know told me they're looking to find the best fit for Wood on a USHL team. Perhaps after Saturday's banquet we'll know.
        Thats good to hear. I know in one of the interviews I listened to at the beginning of the season, Woods coach at Gunnery said he would probably end up in either the USHL or BCHL. Wonder if he could land with the Saints? I know someone mentioned that PK could end up their next season and they still might have Bubela for another year as well. Thats possibly three import players and I think the limit is now four per team.

Comment

Good point about the adoption possibility. Remember Greg Kemp who was adopted.

Seriously, I would think that the size question was considered while we were recruiting him.
          One would think that size was considered-but mayber we put more emphasis on it than others do. Over the years we have had both big men who played small-and smaller boys who played bigger. Maybe it does not make as much difference as I had always thought?

Comment

One would think that size was considered-but mayber we put more emphasis on it than others do. Over the years we have had both big men who played small-and smaller boys who played bigger. Maybe it does not make as much difference as I had always thought?
            And that is one of the reasons that I like watching hockey so much more than that other winter sport.

Seriously, size is not as important in college hockey as in the pros (see BC), however if there are two players of similar ability, but one is significantly taller than the other, the taller one is preferred. We really know very little about Manley. At one time we thought that he had a brother who is 6'5" or thereabouts, but he is apparently cousin.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I must have been absent the day the covered epiphyses.
              Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
              Benjamin Franklin
              The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
              Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                I was also absent when it was on a spelling list.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I think it was a Tuesday.

Comment

And that is one of the reasons that I like watching hockey so much more than that other winter sport.

Seriously, size is not as important in college hockey as in the pros (see BC), however if there are two players of similar ability, but one is significantly taller than the other, the taller one is preferred. We really know very little about Manley. At one time we thought that he had a brother who is 6'5" or thereabouts, but he is apparently cousin.
                    I have always been of the opinion that everything else being equal-speed, ability, tenacity, hockey sense-that I wanted the bigger player on my team. At every position-goalie, forward, defenseman. But the kicker is everything being equal-which it most certainly never is. Of course we always want the best player available regardless of size-but I still think Newton was on to something.

Comment

I was also absent when it was on a spelling list.
                      The plural of epiphysis (epiphyses) often appears in the national spelling bee. Their other favorite is psoriasis. Thank goodness they don't ask anyone to try Rensselaer.

Comment

I have always been of the opinion that everything else being equal-speed, ability, tenacity, hockey sense-that I wanted the bigger player on my team. At every position-goalie, forward, defenseman. But the kicker is everything being equal-which it most certainly never is. Of course we always want the best player available regardless of size-but I still think Newton was on to something.
                        Newton? Newton Minow perhaps, when he talked about a vast wasteland? Yes, he was on to something.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Newton? Newton Minow perhaps, when he talked about a vast wasteland? Yes, he was on to something.
                          I must have been out sick that day-did he have 3 laws also?

Comment

I must have been out sick that day-did he have 3 laws also?
                            Yes he did.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

The plural of epiphysis (epiphyses) often appears in the national spelling bee. Their other favorite is psoriasis. Thank goodness they don't ask anyone to try Rensselaer.
                              Now you are just showing off.
                              Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                              Benjamin Franklin
                              The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                              Gary Player

Comment

Now you are just showing off.
                                EHF-When you spend 43 years of your life doing basically just 2 things-practicing medicine and chasing women-there comes a time when you realize that those are the only 2 things you know well.

Comment

Working...
                                X