Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNO @ Michigan Tech, Feb. 10-11: red Mavs, brown snow statues, and a gold trophy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNO @ Michigan Tech, Feb. 10-11: red Mavs, brown snow statues, and a gold trophy

If either team wants to keep their playoff hopes alive, Tech can't afford to take less than three points here, and UNO can't afford to do less than split. This is shaping up to be a truly epic series between two young squads and two old-school coaches.

tMel and crew: pind UNO like a monkey.

* See Hammer's sig for more information
    Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
    I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
    Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Re: UNO @ Michigan Tech, Feb. 10-11: red Mavs, brown snow statues, and a gold trophy

It looks like I am doing the 10-hour haul to Houghton for this series. First trip since I graduated 2.5 years ago.

Comment

Re: UNO @ Michigan Tech, Feb. 10-11: red Mavs, brown snow statues, and a gold trophy

If the Red Mavs aren't on fire they will get iced by Tech's Winter Carnival--BRRRR
      GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
        If the Red Mavs aren't on fire they will get iced by Tech's Winter Carnival--BRRRR
        It's actually really warm in Houghton right now, but point taken.

I say Tech takes three points, by which I mean Tech sweeps.

I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Comment

A word of advice to Mr. Blais: don't let us find out you ordered the ice cream.
          Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
            Jilbert's is so tasty though. Could you blame them if they did?

This is going to rock. Unfortunately, it's a short trip for me - noon-ish Friday to 8 PM Saturday. Tough to decide where to eat and drink.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
              Don't listen to Twitch, DeanieBeanie! Let us be the first to know when ice cream is ordered!

No Carni trip for me. I'll just be listening from home... except I will probably forget about the early start time on Saturday. Holy crap, Fade... I can't believe you haven't been up there for over two years! That's just not right.
              Former President of Mitch's Misfits, 2005-2008

"The fans are what makes college hockey so great." - Casey Borer

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                It looks like I am doing the 10-hour haul to Houghton for this series. First trip since I graduated 2.5 years ago.
                tailgater pregame friday, beer darts will be played!
                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                  Why only Friday? Don't you mean "pregame Friday and Saturday"?
                  Former President of Mitch's Misfits, 2005-2008

"The fans are what makes college hockey so great." - Casey Borer

Comment

Originally posted by MeanEgirl View Post
                    Holy crap, Fade... I can't believe you haven't been up there for over two years! That's just not right.
                    I know, it's terrible. Unfortunately, up until the past 10 months, I've been broke.

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                    I must play this legendary game for the first time. Need a time, location, and (I assume) BYOB?

Comment

Originally posted by MeanEgirl View Post
                      Why only Friday? Don't you mean "pregame Friday and Saturday"?
                      pregame saturday is the blueline luncheon and a meet and greet with the player's parents.
                      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

This series will make or sink our season.

I'm not very optimistic as we have been very discombobulated due to:

A. Senior captain Alex Hudson getting kicked off the team (see the UNO thread to see what that's done to us).

B. Losing Andres Sustr for the better part of 6 games.

C. Losing our head coach for the better part of two weeks (and he took Josh Archibald in tow to Canada with him for that debacle).

D. Having only two seniors and 4 juniors on the entire roster. We are young and dumb.

We'll probably outshoot you both nights, like 40-15, 50-25, or some such nonsense, and still lose.

Count on our taking some ridiculously stupid penalties at the most opportune time for MTU, too.

It's bad when your head coach is calling guys out in the local paper, deservedly, I might add:

http://www.omaha.com/article/2012020...ks-out-for-win

It's been a trying year.

Comment

*****http://rlv.zcache.com/stop_sandbagging_tshirt-p2351636403592202412rg0j_325.jpg******

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
                            This series will make or sink our season.

I'm not very optimistic as we have been very discombobulated due to:

A. Senior captain Alex Hudson getting kicked off the team (see the UNO thread to see what that's done to us).

B. Losing Andres Sustr for the better part of 6 games.

C. Losing our head coach for the better part of two weeks (and he took Josh Archibald in tow to Canada with him for that debacle).

D. Having only two seniors and 4 juniors on the entire roster. We are young and dumb.

We'll probably outshoot you both nights, like 40-15, 50-25, or some such nonsense, and still lose.

Count on our taking some ridiculously stupid penalties at the most opportune time for MTU, too.

It's bad when your head coach is calling guys out in the local paper, deservedly, I might add:

http://www.omaha.com/article/2012020...ks-out-for-win

It's been a trying year.
                            I guess blais should have jumped ship for Michigan Tech when he had the chance.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

*****http://rlv.zcache.com/stop_sandbagging_tshirt-p2351636403592202412rg0j_325.jpg******
                              Shouldn't that have a picture of Grand Forks?

Comment

Working...
                              X