Big Ten Conference Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Ten Conference Tournament

Will likely be at a neutral site, and will likely be at the XCel Energy Center

READ MORE
    @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
    On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
    High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Re: Big Ten Conference Tournament

Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

I thought the NCHC had the inside track to holding their tournament at the Xcel?
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Well ****. There goes my hope the NCHC Tournament would be there and I could attend more often than not
        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
          Well ****. There goes my hope the NCHC Tournament would be there and I could attend more often than not
          They'll put you at MSG, since you're a big time conference and all.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Target Center for NCHC? Pepsi Center ?

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
              Target Center for NCHC?
              That was the rumor....
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

So let me get this straight... "Neutral ice" in the backyard of one program, somewhat far from another program, and prohibitively far from the rest of the programs.

If true, it's a farce. Of all the locations one could consider... St. Paul? Are there no hockey rinks in, say, Chicago?

Comment

Originally posted by UMBand View Post
                  So let me get this straight... "Neutral ice" in the backyard of one program, somewhat far from another program, and prohibitively far from the rest of the programs.

If true, it's a farce. Of all the locations one could consider... St. Paul? Are there no hockey rinks in, say, Chicago?
                  ....and it starts. Welcome back to the F5 argument.

Comment

It sounds like they plan to move it around. St Paul first then maybe Detroit, then Columbus, Milwaukee, Pittsburg,....
                    Don't get your panties in a bunch.

p.s. If this IS the case, then UM and MSU get the advantage that Detroit would host twice as often as any other city.
                    No man is entitled to the benefits of freedom if he is not vigilant in its preservation. - Douglas MacArthur

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. - Albert Einstein

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Seriously, if it's this big of a deal, play it at Joe Louis Arena, but keep it In a current BTHC market.
                      Last edited by mnstate0fhockey; 02-05-2012, 11:26 PM.

Comment

I can completely understand his argument tho. If it were in MI im sure many of us would have something to say about it? I dont know, the X is really **** quick to getting these, maybe they're greasing some pockets? I like it

Comment

I'd rather play it in Alaska than Chicago.

Seriously, if it's this big of a deal, play it at Joe Louis Arena, but keep it Ina current BTHC market.
                          I agree with this, f-chicago! Until they decide to go BIG, no way, i'd rather it rotate around to the BIG cities and keep the money in those locales..

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
                            I can completely understand his argument tho. If it were in MI im sure many of us would have something to say about it? I dont know, the X is really **** quick to getting these, maybe they're greasing some pockets? I like it
                            I wouldn't mind of it was at the Joe. I just want it to be in a current BTHC market.

Comment

I wouldn't mind of it was at the Joe. I just want it to be in a current BTHC market.
                              I read your post after i posted, I agree. As long as the $ stays in the BIG market.

Comment

Working...
                              X