Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston Universtiy 2011-2012 Part IV: Dont stop fighting til the fight is done!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston Universtiy 2011-2012 Part IV: Dont stop fighting til the fight is done!

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
    OK so Noonan is better than Dumoulin then. You're comfortable saying that?
    Heck no! Dumoulin is dirty... I'm excited him to leave the Heights and go to the NHL.

(Dirty in a good way).
    BU '05, '08, '12

Comment

• Re: Boston Universtiy 2011-2012 Part IV: Dont stop fighting til the fight is done!

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      Well said.

Carlton, I don't care if coyle has a crystal ball and can see the future...he's still a quitter in my eyes. I'd say that about any BC player who left when he did.
      He was getting plenty of playing time and he grew up a huge BU fan. I can't imagine leaving was an easy decision but at the end of the day he has to do what is best for him as the team has to do what is best for it. Sometimes things don't work out but it doesn't necessarily mean someone is at fault.
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
        :facepalm:
        this. x2
        Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Dumoulin is the best d-man in the league but Noonan is in the top 5 for sure and possibly the top 3. Probably could have been worded better saying he is one of the premier d-men in the league.
          GO BU

Comment

I don't think it is unreasonable to put him in the conversation no.

I am comfortable saying its not cool to hide behind a screen name and pick on a female student journalist.

Comment

Originally posted by irishfan85 View Post
              Talented and dedicated...bahahhahaha...Log into the Boston Hockey Blog and tell me with a straight face they aren't just BU fans who are journalism students. They aren't objective whatsoever. Dumoulin, Cross, Stollery, Clendening, Ruhwedel...now those are elite HE defensemen.
              Anyone who's paid any attention at all during these three departures (two plus one that ought to happen) knows that there's a pretty strong consensus among the "established" HEA writers at non-university publications (McMahon at the ET and Meloni at CHN come to mind first as expressing this opinion) which agrees that the BHB is an excellent example of hockey coverage and journalism, student-run or otherwise. To use these events to (inaccurately) tear down individuals unrelated to the university (the DFP gets no funds from BU I believe) is really just illuminating your relative lack of knowledge (to quote the great bob knight) about local college hockey media.

And for the record saying that Clendening belongs in that group would indicate Noonan belongs there, as this year in particular he's been the far superior player.
              (defensively or all-around)
              Bay State (Road) Sports: When Someone Parties Like A Puckstar Or Drives Into The T, We'll Be The Ninth or Tenth To Report It

1971 1972 1978 1995 2009

HAA 108 > 118

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

I am comfortable saying its not cool to hide behind a screen name and pick on a female student journalist.

I think it is inappropriate to hide by a screen name period, but a lot of people do it here and over other sport and news message boards. I will say that I think the female journalist has left herself open for potential criticism with some of her comments regarding the players' off ice personalities.

Comment

Noonan gets knocked down the list a bit for his first name not being Danny. That is all.
                  the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                    He was getting plenty of playing time and he grew up a huge BU fan. I can't imagine leaving was an easy decision but at the end of the day he has to do what is best for him as the team has to do what is best for it. Sometimes things don't work out but it doesn't necessarily mean someone is at fault.
                    It doesn't necessarily mean someone is at fault but in this case someone was at fault -- Charlie Coyle. He quit on his teammates.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGoldenGreek View Post
                      Had you read one sentence further, I think she explained her reasoning for making that claim: "The blue-liner ranks fourth in Hockey East in plus minus with a team-leading plus-15. His 11 goals this season tie him for second-most in the nation by a defenseman."
                      Umm, thanks. We can all read. Whatever happened to just using your eyes and being objective? Nobody should need numbers to say who the premier dman in the league is. It's obvious...and it's not Garrett Noonan.

Originally posted by TheGoldenGreek View Post
                      and still unrelated to any topic anyone is discussing here...and a terrible foundation upon which to attack a talented and dedicated journalist
                      My God can we please stop using the word attack here? Nobody is "attacking" anyone. Federal League called her a great reporter. Sorry, but calling Noonan the premier dman in Hockey East eliminates the possibility of someone being a "great" reporter.

And yet Noonan has more goals and better +/- than all of them....
                      Again, whatever happened to the eyeball test?

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                      Abandoning your team halfway thru the season is wrong...period.

I think it absolutely is unreasonable to put him in the same league as Dumoulin. How else would you recommend we disagree with this reporter other than on the internet? Set up a meeting in person? And why does it matter male or female?

Originally posted by mpereira View Post
                      Dumoulin is the best d-man in the league but Noonan is in the top 5 for sure and possibly the top 3. Probably could have been worded better saying he is one of the premier d-men in the league.
                      irishfan had a pretty good top five...didn't include Noonan. Not saying you're wrong, but i don't think noonan is automatically top five. i am comfortable saying dumoulin is the best dman i've seen at BC since mottau and he's better than mottau.

Comment

I don't know the rules about this so I'm asking...
                        While Nicastro is suspended but still officially on the team can BU find another D for the UVM series? Or do they just have to dress only 5 (and 13 F I guess)?
                        Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

Originally posted by quiddlet View Post
                          While Nicastro is suspended but still officially on the team can BU find another D for the UVM series? Or do they just have to dress only 5 (and 13 F I guess)?
                          Probably would be the same lineup they used against Merrimack when NiCastro was injured so they ll dress Ronan as a 6th d-man but he probably wont see much ice team unless they have a comfortable lead. He didn't look out of place in his few shifts since then and then hopefully Privitera is back for the NU series
                          GO BU

Comment

Originally posted by quiddlet View Post
                            What do you mean find another dman? From where?

Comment

Originally posted by mpereira View Post
                              Probably would be the same lineup they used against Merrimack when NiCastro was injured so they ll dress Ronan as a 6th d-man but he probably wont see much ice team unless they have a comfortable lead. He didn't look out of place in his few shifts since then and then hopefully Privitera is back for the NU series
                              Oh that's right I completely forgot we had this guy:

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                              What do you mean find another dman? From where?
                              Well we've already moved a forward from the BU club team up to the varsity team this year...
                              Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

Originally posted by irishfan85 View Post
                                Last I checked, hockey was more than statistics. Noonan is not a bad defenseman. I am not suggesting that. I'm suggesting the others are better DEFENSEMAN! I'm not suggesting he isn't a good QB on the PP or good offensive defenseman. However, if he coughs the puck up (which he does a lot if you watch the game) then NHL teams won't want him on the squad.

tell that to the folks from Maine, they insist it is ok to turn over the puck routinely and still be classified as a great dman.

Comment

Working...
                                X