Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston Universtiy 2011-2012 Part IV: Dont stop fighting til the fight is done!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston Universtiy 2011-2012 Part IV: Dont stop fighting til the fight is done!

Take care of business against the two teams that prob won't make the HE playoffs and you won't have to win a QF series to make the national tournament.

Comment

• Re: Boston Universtiy 2011-2012 Part IV: Dont stop fighting til the fight is done!

what a tool. tough guy behind the keyboard. 5000 posts - get a life

Comment

Originally posted by nhmonarch View Post
        what a tool. tough guy behind the keyboard. 5000 posts - get a life
        Drunk posting tonight?
        Originally posted by reBlur
        the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          Take care of business against the two teams that prob won't make the HE playoffs and you won't have to win a QF series to make the national tournament.
          True...but this team isn't deep and disciplined enough. I wouldn't be surprised if they played the HE quarters on the road.
          Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
            Drunk posting tonight?
            hahaha ya, was that directed at me? what the hell did i say?

Comment

mookie, just look at your schedule for the next two weekends...
              weird thing is, next weekend really won't make a difference. our boys won't alter their TUC record at all. COP will (could) help with gophs and ferris (uvm actually BEAT ferris!), but bu is already winning that pw against ferris and if we don't sweep that will flip to them - though they are beating us overall pwr. nu is currently a TUC, so we'd need them to beat maine some this coming weekend so that when we sweep () them they continue to be a TUC and we get the full benefit of the 3-0-0 record against them.

the good news is our boys are much better on the road than at home and 3/4 remaining reg season games are away from haa.
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

That game was a whole lot of forecheck with no finish. Very frustrating. Reminded me of high school.

They'll be fine. They'll probably lose the home game. Win the three road games.
                It Happened!!!!

Comment

Honestly I thought they worked extremely hard with no results and as Bomber said, no finish. Give Carr and UML credit, they got outplayed but took advantage when the needed to.
                  No reason this team can't play well the next 2 weeks, get home ice, with it an NCAA berth, and then in my mind anything else is gravy
                  Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

They worked hard but didn't exactly play well. The 1st period was brutal. Missed 90% of their passes. But as I've said before. I love their compete level. Dumb, dumb major by Gill hurt as well.
                    It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacques Joubert View Post
                      20 wins is a stretch goal.
                      Jacques, do you really thing we won't at least split the next two weekends? I mean, obviously anything can happen, but really most people that are not BU fans who are jumping off the bridge would predict at least 2-2 over the next 4 games.

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                      and they are ten years older!
                      Ture... but where are the younger replacements? The 23-28 year old recent grads? Have we priced the newer grads with an entry levalish position out of the building?

All in all though, the atmosphere is awful... Was tonights game a sellout? I know they had started to sell SRO tickets, so one would assume that all the seats were sold... announced attendance was close to 5700, but still you could hear a pin drop at times. Whats the deal? What can be done to get the crowd more involved? Time to pipe in some DJ music mixed in with the band? Do we need a noise-o-meter on the jumbotron? For a team ranked #2, coming home after a big win to a big game in both Hockey East and PWR ..... the atmosphere was pathetic.

On the game:

The effort sure was there. Bernie and Tom said last night that they bet the team came out and played better tonight... I'd say overall we did, but unfoturnatley didn't get the result we wanted.

Outplayed them overall but had a bad combo tonight of Carr playing really well, missing our chances to finish and a few bad breakdowns. Rodrigues has to knock that one in.

Was anyone else surprised they pulled Milan? I didn't see the 3rd goal, but it didn't srike me as if any of those goals were particulary weak. The first one on a bad turnover, the 2nd on the powerplay and on the 4th the d-broke down and should have cleared the puck.

Can anyone who saw on TV comment on Gil's 5 min major? From my angle it seemed pretty borderline for 5... of course I have not had the benefit of seeing the replay. Not that it mattered since Lowell scored within the first 2 min.

I still love how this team shows up to play every night.

Comment

• Rollie gets a game up uvm

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                        Have we priced the newer grads with an entry levalish position out of the building?.
                        Yes.
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Was anyone else surprised they pulled Milan? I didn't see the 3rd goal, but it didn't srike me as if any of those goals were particulary weak. The first one on a bad turnover, the 2nd on the powerplay and on the 4th the d-broke down and should have cleared the puck.

Can anyone who saw on TV comment on Gil's 5 min major? From my angle it seemed pretty borderline for 5... of course I have not had the benefit of seeing the replay. Not that it mattered since Lowell scored within the first 2 min.
                          On the nail in the coffin 4th goal, I believe Millan botched an opportunity to catch a shot and freeze it...UML scored shortly after that during the same sequence. I don't know how many glove saves he makes over the course of the game, but it seems to me the book on him is go high glove.

From a distance watching it live, didn't seem like a major. But after seeing the replay, I think it was the right call. Bear in mind, I think HE refs call too many majors and overreact a lot. On the flip side, I was afraid Quinn Smith was getting a five for his hit in the Beanpot...wouldn't have really had a complaint if it was called. In fact, if any of you saw the Beanpot All Access show featuring Tommy Cross, he was asking Benedetto if it was a 2 minute penalty. I think he feared the worst too.

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                          Yes.
                          I have a 27 year old friend (recent BU grad) who has season tix, but obviously that's just one.

Comment

On the nail in the coffin 4th goal, I believe Millan botched an opportunity to catch a shot and freeze it...UML scored shortly after that during the same sequence. I don't know how many glove saves he makes over the course of the game, but it seems to me the book on him is go high glove.

From a distance watching it live, didn't seem like a major. But after seeing the replay, I think it was the right call. Bear in mind, I think HE refs call too many majors and overreact a lot. On the flip side, I was afraid Quinn Smith was getting a five for his hit in the Beanpot...wouldn't have really had a complaint if it was called. In fact, if any of you saw the Beanpot All Access show featuring Tommy Cross, he was asking Benedetto if it was a 2 minute penalty. I think he feared the worst too.

I have a 27 year old friend (recent BU grad) who has season tix, but obviously that's just one.
                            I'm around that age and I have season tickets, but I might not be your friend :-D.

I thought that on the major penalty, the player saw the hit was coming, and turned his back. Seems like that is the nature of the game, and seeing how that penalty is called, it didn't surprise me to see him turn into the boards and take that hit, then go down. Not saying it was a clean hit, but if he doesn't turn his back, its shoulder to shoulder. I'll have to check out the replay though.

BU Alum '07

Comment

Ture... but where are the younger replacements? The 23-28 year old recent grads? Have we priced the newer grads with an entry levalish position out of the building?
                              No, when the recent grads try to make noise (myself and my friends included), we get called obnoxious by older people sitting in front of us who mistook a hockey game for a lecture. Literally, in one of the Maine games, a woman in front of my friend turned around and screamed "You're obnoxious!" at my friend who was yelling at Bunyon. Nevermind that everyone else in the arena was also yelling at Bunyon.

But yes, by and large many recent grads are priced out and don't go, even with the young alum discount, though it's nice that they allow you to have that for five years after graduation.
                              Last edited by brassbonanza; 02-19-2012, 12:34 AM.
                              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                                No, when the recent grads try to make noise (myself and my friends included), we get called obnoxious by older people sitting in front of us who mistook a hockey game for a lecture. Literally, in one of the Maine games, a woman in front of my friend turned around and screamed "You're obnoxious!" at my friend who was yelling at Bunyon. Nevermind that everyone else in the arena was also yelling at Bunyon.
                                Boy does THAT sound familiar... I feel ya.
                                Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                                Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                                Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Working...
                                X