Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston Universtiy 2011-2012 Part IV: Dont stop fighting til the fight is done!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston Universtiy 2011-2012 Part IV: Dont stop fighting til the fight is done!

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
    Who was the PBP announcer?
    Bob Ellis who is the radio announcer for WUML.
    What did you say?
    Who own the Chiefs?
    What did he say?
    Owns! Owns!

Comment

• Re: Boston Universtiy 2011-2012 Part IV: Dont stop fighting til the fight is done!

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
      Don't expect much from the crowd tonight, long weekend so lots of people go home, February vacation week for schools, and the back bay ball is tonight so that draws a few thousand students away.
      Also the game is on TV
      #OneKnight

Comment

Originally posted by steakbomb View Post
        Too much to do around here. Doesn't explain why I am an overweight, middle-aged, obsessive-compulsive hockey fan who would watch a hockey game regardless of where it's played or who's playing
        haha... that makes two of us.
        'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

I believe tom caron is in florida...who is the backup tonight?

Comment

Originally posted by RoughEmUp View Post
            I'm not expecting much of an atmosphere. I also expect the game to be a big buzz kill- seems like that's the way it goes at Agganis.

Luckily, I'll miss most of it since I will be stuck at the TerrierGrill while sixteen clerks all stand around waiting for the "chef" to "cook" a sausage.
            Bitter, party of one.

Thanks for the highlight post Bumbles. Lot's of open ice last night. Tonight will be different in the morgue.

BU Hockey: Road Warriors
            It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              I believe tom caron is in florida...who is the backup tonight?
              Mike Logan. Usually does Providence games.
              Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by BUTerrierfan View Post
                Remind me to invite you to my next party kill joy
                Yeah, but he's right. Not surprising, either. It's dead in there. To the point where it's not even any fun to go to a game. How can the players get pumped up when the crowd is dead? I should know by now that's the way it is here (but it still bothers me). I think about a place like Wisconsin where they are roaring from start to finish -it's intimidating. Here the fans can barely even make any noise when they come out for the beginning of the game...

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                  Yeah, but he's right. Not surprising, either. It's dead in there. To the point where it's not even any fun to go to a game. How can the players get pumped up when the crowd is dead? I should know by now that's the way it is here (but it still bothers me). I think about a place like Wisconsin where they are roaring from start to finish -it's intimidating. Here the fans can barely even make any noise when they come out for the beginning of the game...
                  Its pathetic. Especially since probably the majority of adult season ticket holders were in Walter Brown.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
                    Its pathetic. Especially since probably the majority of adult season ticket holders were in Walter Brown.
                    and they are ten years older!
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

how many goals has this team given up with less than 2:00 to play in a period? way too many
                      #OneKnight

Comment

6th in pwr.....
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
                          how many goals has this team given up with less than 2:00 to play in a period? way too many
                          Sure, but when you're in the penalty box all game you tend to be exhausted by the end of the period. Having said that, the score is NOT indicative of this game. You almost had the feeling after all the highlight reel goals last night that this might happen. They could have had seven more tonight but they couldn't finish...BU dominated most of this game but had a couple of breakdowns which cost them.

Comment

mookie, just look at your schedule for the next two weekends...

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                              Sure, but when you're in the penalty box all game you tend to be exhausted by the end of the period. Having said that, the score is NOT indicative of this game. You almost had the feeling after all the highlight reel goals last night that this might happen. They could have had seven more tonight but they couldn't finish...BU dominated most of this game but had a couple of breakdowns which cost them.
                              I'm not sure we were watching the same game. UML had way too much time on the point and a ton of good looks.

The last 5 games I've watched this team they've lost. Maine, Maine, UMass, BC, UML.

BU Hockey: They sure lose at home a lot...I guess it's my fault. This team will miss the national tournament.
                              Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                                mookie, just look at your schedule for the next two weekends...
                                JD-That would make sense, but BU seems to fold in Burlington and Millan isn't good two nights in a row. Not that he should be facing 50 shots a night.

20 wins is a stretch goal.
                                Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X