Norwich's Shawn Baker named finalist for 2012 Hockey Humanitarian Award

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Norwich's Shawn Baker named finalist for 2012 Hockey Humanitarian Award

Norwich senior defenseman Shawn Baker has been named one of just five finalists for the prestigious Hockey Humanitarian Award.

http://www.norwichathletics.com/spor...inalist_2-2-12

There were 23 nominees and fellow ECAC East member Saint Anselm also has a finalist with junior Tucker Mullin.

Congrats Shawn and Tucker! Pretty cool to have two kids from conference make it to the final five on an award like this.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Re: Norwich's Shawn Baker named finalist for 2012 Hockey Humanitarian Award

Congrats to Shawn, kids like this don't come around that often.Good Luck in the Finals.......Prez you have a notification from me..

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
      Norwich senior defenseman Shawn Baker has been named one of just five finalists for the prestigious Hockey Humanitarian Award.

http://www.norwichathletics.com/spor...inalist_2-2-12

There were 23 nominees and fellow ECAC East member Saint Anselm also has a finalist with junior Tucker Mullin.

Congrats Shawn and Tucker! Pretty cool to have two kids from conference make it to the final five on an award like this.
      That is cool, and I see as a finalist, he has already been awarded $250 to be donated to the charity of his choice (Northfield Fire Department perhaps?).
      Larry Normandin
      SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
      WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
        That is cool, and I see as a finalist, he has already been awarded $250 to be donated to the charity of his choice (Northfield Fire Department perhaps?).
        If you read the whole story it's mentioned where he is donating his $250

He's donating to the University of Montreal Hospital Burn Center to help victims of major burns.
        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
        GO LAKERS!!!
        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
          If you read the whole story it's mentioned where he is donating his $250

He's donating to the University of Montreal Hospital Burn Center to help victims of major burns.
          It doesn't say here.

It does note that Isaiah Carlson a Junior Salve Regina University was a Repeat Nominee.
          Larry Normandin
          SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
          WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Congrats Shawn, you have our support all the way and our thanks for all you do.
            There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Comment

Working...
            X