X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Runninwiththedogs View Post
    Ok, let's recap here, people.

MINNESOTA is a state.

The UNIVERSITY OF MINNESOTA is a system of campuses.

The UNIVERSITY OF MINNESOTA, TWIN CITIES has a hockey team that sucks cock.
    I believe THE University of Minnesota (that's what we call it) is an independent nation within Minnesota, kinda like the Vatican. We're that important
    @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
    On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
    High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Re: What College Hockey is to you.

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
      I believe THE University of Minnesota (that's what we call it) is an independent nation within Minnesota, kinda like the Vatican. We're that important
      Will the football team be hiring Jerry Sandusky soon?
      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
        Will the football team be hiring Jerry Sandusky soon?
        Haha...Nooooooo!

Comment

Originally posted by dogs2012 View Post
          While yes, I think he definitely worded it incorrectly, I think people aren't really getting the point of JDUBBS argument here. He's not saying, "The only people in college hockey should be Minnesotans, and everyone one else shouldn't try." He's saying, "Why is it that people sit on this forum and bash on Minnesota and the Gophers, but then take all the credit in the world when a Minnesota born player does something well for their team?" It's more of a hypocritical aspect. You shouldn't really bash on the state that gave you plenty of the players who've carried your team. Everybody out there is entitled to play the sport, regardless of where you are from, but don't bite the hand that tends to, but doesn't always, feed you.

Thank you State of Minnesota for: Tyler Barnes, Jason Clark, Patrick Daly, Joe Faust, Joseph LaBate, Tyler Lapic, Jake Gardiner, Ryan McDonagh, Matt Hussey, Dan Boeser, Matt Doman, Tom Gilbert, Nick Licari, Ross Carlson, Tom Gorowsky, Jamie McBain, Derek Stepan, Mike & Mark Strobel, Jason Francisco, Chris Tucker,Kelly Fairchild, among many, many others!

The Gophers still suck!
          Operation Iraqi Freedom IV - FOB Falcon/FOB Loyalty - Baghdad, Iraq
          Operation Iraqi Freedom II - FOB Danger - Tikrit, Iraq
          Kosovo Force 4B - Camp Monteith - Gnjilane, Kosovo

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
            So you take it personally when the team wins and loses? Really? You need hockey to have pride in your school? Must be tough to be proud during lean years, then. You need Minnie players to be extra proud?

The problem with taking it personally is it's easy to get out of hand. Would you physically fight someone over hockey? Would you pay under the table to get better players from your state to fuel your pride? Can be a very dangerous game.

I've met great people, too, even ones from this board who are complete rivals to UM, and hate us with a passion. Big deal. Good people, like them, but hockey is still entertainment, whether you like it or not. Unless YOU are the one playing. Which I know you are not.

Still, if you can't handle the fact that virtually everyone in this country who are hockey fans don't like your team, well, tough. I don't feel sorry for you at all. This is JUST A GAME. You don't get a raise when you win, you don't lose knookie when you lose. Well, I suppose if you take it personally enough, you may be the one. Your dog won't care if the team wins or loses, unless you beat the dog.

I just don't get how ANYONE can take a game so seriously.
            And as I said earlier, that is you. It's fine if it's just a game to you. It's fine if you consider it just entertainment. But, I've never understood your argument of "it's just a game". Who's it just a game to? You? To me, it's a little more than that. I've been playing hockey since I was 4 years old. I grew up on the sport, lived across the street from a rink and played constantly. Am I very good? Debatable. But, it's more than a sport, it's become almost a way of life. And because of that reason, and the fact that my mom had attended UMD, I chose the school as well. If it didn't have a D-1 hockey team, for the most part I didn't even send in an application. It was that big of a deal to me. So, I can honestly say I PERSONALLY am emotional attached to a team. Win or lose we booze is the motto here, but sometimes when we lose, I just go home and take a night off.

You don't have to feel the same way, that's fine. But be a little more open minded to the idea that someone else maybe does.
            "In heaven there is no beer. NO BEER! That's why we drink it here. RIGHT HERE!"

Comment

Ahh, that makes more sense. School and work doesn't really allow me to read all the threads on this site.
              That's interesting. My desire to retain a shred of sanity is what prevents me from reading all the threads.

This one was titled interestingly enough to open and the tone of the initial post made it an instant /popcorn thread,

Comment

Originally posted by Dalangalang View Post
                Thank you State of Minnesota for: Tyler Barnes, Jason Clark, Patrick Daly, Joe Faust, Joseph LaBate, Tyler Lapic, Jake Gardiner, Ryan McDonagh, Matt Hussey, Dan Boeser, Matt Doman, Tom Gilbert, Nick Licari, Ross Carlson, Tom Gorowsky, Jamie McBain, Derek Stepan, Mike & Mark Strobel, Jason Francisco, Chris Tucker,Kelly Fairchild, among many, many others!

The Gophers still suck!
                We only accept written thank you notes (gifts optional)

Comment

The first time I took my Canadian mother to a CC game she looked at me in shock before the opening faceoff and asked why they didn't play Oh Canada prior to the game. Ok... I made that up... she didn't seem to notice... but... no joke... I think they should. It's a cute little anthem.
                  Originally posted by vizoroo
                  Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
                  Originally posted by duper
                  I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
                  Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
                  Originally posted by dggoddard
                  Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Comment

ronmexico gave me an idea. In addition to schools being required to have no more than 3 Non-Minnesotans aka Canadians, the Star Spangled Banner should be replaced with this:
                    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

• Re: What College Hockey is to you.

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                      ronmexico gave me an idea. In addition to schools being required to have no more than 3 Non-Minnesotans aka Canadians, the Star Spangled Banner should be replaced with this:
                      The North Stars never would have done anything THAT pansy-arsed. I suppose that Dubber's eyes well up when he sees/hears that.

Absolutely weak sauce, just like everything about the Wild. Seriously, that couldn't be any worse.

Hilarious!
                      Last edited by Gurtholfin; 01-31-2012, 06:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                        No objections here.

Comment

And as I said earlier, that is you. It's fine if it's just a game to you. It's fine if you consider it just entertainment. But, I've never understood your argument of "it's just a game". Who's it just a game to? You? To me, it's a little more than that. I've been playing hockey since I was 4 years old. I grew up on the sport, lived across the street from a rink and played constantly. Am I very good? Debatable. But, it's more than a sport, it's become almost a way of life. And because of that reason, and the fact that my mom had attended UMD, I chose the school as well. If it didn't have a D-1 hockey team, for the most part I didn't even send in an application. It was that big of a deal to me. So, I can honestly say I PERSONALLY am emotional attached to a team. Win or lose we booze is the motto here, but sometimes when we lose, I just go home and take a night off.

You don't have to feel the same way, that's fine. But be a little more open minded to the idea that someone else maybe does.
                          Funny you tell me to have an open mind, but are small minded enough to let what other people think of your team bother you. How's that working out?

I played hockey from 4, too. I grew up on the sport, too.

But my perspective changed when we met the our team after what was a crushing loss in the national semi final. They were ok with it. The TEAM that lost, and generally laid an egg. Happy. Even moreso when our captain got the Hobey. Got me thinking- how come I get more emotional in defeat than the team does? They got over it in the locker, and managed to move on in one day. They are the ones who lost, not me.

It is just a game to us, and just entertainment- even if we manage to meet interesting people we can relate to.

If you want to put more into it than that, I further suggest that you grow some skin in how others view and opine your team.

Or be more open minded in that people hate minny, and all that it stands for.

Comment

Originally posted by Runninwiththedogs View Post
                            That being said, if vagina is uncensored, so should be p.enis. Sexism!

Really, if they ban me for saying a word they have not censored, that's just ricockulous.
                            It's happened to me before. I didn't think it made much sense, either.
                            Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                              Seriously, that couldn't be any worse.
                              Yes it could.

Last edited by state of hockey; 01-31-2012, 07:24 PM.
                              the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post

Absolutely weak sauce, just like everything about the Wild.

Hilarious!
                                At least the fans show up (relative to what we saw in Chicago and Pittsburgh), win or lose. Just sayin.

Comment

Working...
                                X