Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What College Hockey is to you.

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    College hockey, to me, is a bunch of westerners having a ****-waving match on a message board while complaining about how eastern schools can not only have a chance, but actually win.
    Don't stereotype. This thread can be used to taunt Dubbs and everyone can enjoy that whether they be westerners or easterners.
    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

I heard it was really the Canadians not the Germans that bombed Pearl Harbor...
      Last edited by SanTropez; 01-31-2012, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
        I think every college should be required to use near exclusively Minnesotans. Wisconsin, North Dakota, St. Cloud State, Michigan, Ferris St., Boston College, New Hampshire, Cornell, etc. Every team, same deal. Near exclusively Minnesotans.
        Sounds reasonable.

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
          They certainly didn't do much to keep it from happening.
          the state of hockey is good

Comment

I heard the whole thing was Ben Affleck doing a terrible interpretation of what acting is supposed to be.

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
              QFT!

a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

maple syrup.... on everything!!
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                  Neither did we.

Comment

I love Gopher fans still talking about the "Minnesota Way". You needed "foreigners" to win your last two NC's:
                    2001-2002 National Champions - Game winner scored by Grant Potulny - Hometown: Grand Forks, ND
                    2002-2003 National Champions - Game winner scored by Thomas Vanek - Hometown: Baden bei Wien, Austria

UMD on the other hand...
                    2010-2011 National Champions - Game winner scored by Kyle Schmidt - Hometown: Hermantown, MN

I don't care where they're from, hockey is an international game and you'd be a fool to turn down talent just because they're outside your state. If they're eligible and want to play for your team, they should be considered.
                    University of Minnesota Duluth Bulldogs
                    2007 Alumni
                    WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1984, 1985, 1993
                    WCHA Tournament Champions: 1984, 1985, 2009
                    NCAA Appearances: 1983, 1984, 1985, 1993, 2004, 2009, 2011
                    Frozen Four Appearances: 1984, 1985, 2004, 2011
                    National Champions: 2011

Comment

While yes, I think he definitely worded it incorrectly, I think people aren't really getting the point of JDUBBS argument here. He's not saying, "The only people in college hockey should be Minnesotans, and everyone one else shouldn't try." He's saying, "Why is it that people sit on this forum and bash on Minnesota and the Gophers, but then take all the credit in the world when a Minnesota born player does something well for their team?" It's more of a hypocritical aspect. You shouldn't really bash on the state that gave you plenty of the players who've carried your team. Everybody out there is entitled to play the sport, regardless of where you are from, but don't bite the hand that tends to, but doesn't always, feed you.
                      "In heaven there is no beer. NO BEER! That's why we drink it here. RIGHT HERE!"

Comment

Originally posted by dogs2012 View Post
                        While yes, I think he definitely worded it incorrectly, I think people aren't really getting the point of JDUBBS argument here. He's not saying, "The only people in college hockey should be Minnesotans, and everyone one else shouldn't try." He's saying, "Why is it that people sit on this forum and bash on Minnesota and the Gophers, but then take all the credit in the world when a Minnesota born player does something well for their team?" It's more of a hypocritical aspect. You shouldn't really bash on the state that gave you plenty of the players who've carried your team. Everybody out there is entitled to play the sport, regardless of where you are from, but don't bite the hand that tends to, but doesn't always, feed you.
                        That's exactly how I interpreted it too.
                        @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                        On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                        High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

This thread is a continuation of what was being argued in the Wisconsin thread which JDUBBS was a part of. There was more said there about the "Minnesota way" and that's why people are commenting like they are.
                          University of Minnesota Duluth Bulldogs
                          2007 Alumni
                          WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1984, 1985, 1993
                          WCHA Tournament Champions: 1984, 1985, 2009
                          NCAA Appearances: 1983, 1984, 1985, 1993, 2004, 2009, 2011
                          Frozen Four Appearances: 1984, 1985, 2004, 2011
                          National Champions: 2011

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                            Neither did we.
                            Why do you hate America?
                            the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by UMDSimmerdown View Post
                              This thread is a continuation of what was being argued in the Wisconsin thread which JDUBBS was a part of. There was more said there about the "Minnesota way" and that's why people are commenting like they are.
                              Ahh, that makes more sense. School and work doesn't really allow me to read all the threads on this site. But this one just seemed too interesting to pass up.
                              "In heaven there is no beer. NO BEER! That's why we drink it here. RIGHT HERE!"

Comment

OK, so a two-time ECAC Player of the Year came from Edina. Not all Minnesota players are boons to a team, though. Sometimes arrogance can be taken too far, and can result in arguments like this. Sure, a lot of good hockey players are from Minnesota, but there are a number of great USA players from other states, like Michigan, Massachusetts, New York, and several other locations.

Comment

Working...
                                X