• Show
Clear All

• DU vs CC Gold Pan Weekend!!

Need I say more....
    GO DU !!!

Re: DU vs CC Gold Pan Weekend!!

Friday's game is sold out
    or at least the student tix are
    I'm the guy with the gold jersey in Magness, who is probably drunk or at least getting in trouble for obscene cheers.

"You all saw what happened. Stick down, gloves off, He challenged the Chiefs. Called us names, CALLED US NAMES!"

CC's titles are older than NASA

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
      Need I say more....
      This one is for the Gold Pan and very important league points, league standing and PWR position. Student section is already sold out in Magness. Don'y know if any other seats are available.
      DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

This should be a great series this weekend. It would certainly seem as though a split is the most likely outcome, but you never know in this rivalry. Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend on Friday, but hopefully it's a great game. I may try to sneak down to the Springs on Saturday, if there are tickets available anyway. Either way, good luck to both sides...and let the rivalry week begin!
        North Dakota
        National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

With its recent success, DU positioned itself well to make this an important (and really fun) game. Can't wait. I'd love to have Bennett back for this game, but I think having Ryder back is almost as important. Advice for Mr. Mayfield: don't take dumb penalties---do your job, stay out of the box, and let Ryder do the heavy hitting!! (No charge for this advice.)

I haven't been reading up much about CC---last I heard, they were having some goaltending issues. Anyone know if that's still the case?

Comment

Where does a CC fan start Pablo? CC recently had a six game home stand and played poorly, going 2-3-1. And when I say played poorly I'm being nice. Was their poor play due to some nagging injuries? We may never know. After the six game home stand they played two decent games against the Gophers, winning 2-1, and losing 2-1, not much offense either night for CC, I should know, I was at both games in Minneapolis. Thorimbert has played well in goal and gets most of the minutes of late. I expect Thorimbert to be in net both nights this weekend. The CC defense still struggles but did play better in their last two games. Now, for reasons unknown the CC offense has gone south. For those that know me you all know I'm a positive person when it comes to my hockey team, and normally do not speak negative of them. Not today, I'll go ahead and predict a sweep with DU having the advantage. The CC team has had other issues that will not be discussed here on the board. My only hope is that enough CC players (specifically 28 of them) are finally ****ed and mad enough to give a hoot and make a difference. As always this fan will be at both games yelling and screaming as loud as I can for CC, just hope 28 players hear me and care. Because I do!
            Last edited by CCtig; 01-30-2012, 06:55 PM.
            World Arena North (aka Magness Arena on the campus of Denver State University) where the Colorado College Tigers are 17-11-5 all time against the Metro State Pioneers. Thank you Denver Roadrunners for building a second home for CC!!

World Arena North lives on!! Go Tigers!!

CC Tiger fans join us at: http://cctigerhockey.yuku.com

Comment

Never fear CCtig, the guys are gonna come out strong this weekend. Weekend before last against Minnesota the defense looked stronger than previous games and Thorimbert has been solid for weeks. I'd too, would like to see our offense again but nothing better than a huge rivalry to get them pumped up and ready to score. I predict a win Friday for CC and a tie Saturday.

GO TIGERS!

Comment

Originally posted by CCtig View Post
                Where does a CC fan start Pablo? CC recently had a six game home stand and played poorly, going 2-3-1. And when I say played poorly I'm being nice. Was their poor play due to some nagging injuries? We may never know. After the six game home stand they played two decent games against the Gophers, winning 2-1, and losing 2-1, not much offense either night for CC, I should know, I was at both games in Minneapolis. Thorimbert has played well in goal and gets most of the minutes of late. I expect Thorimbert to be in net both nights this weekend. The CC defense still struggles but did play better in their last two games. Now, for reasons unknown the CC offense has gone south. For those that know me you all know I'm a positive person when it comes to my hockey team, and normally do not speak negative of them. Not today, I'll go ahead and predict a sweep with DU having the advantage. The CC team has had other issues that will not be discussed here on the board. My only hope is that enough CC players (specifically 28 of them) are finally ****ed and mad enough to give a hoot and make a difference. As always this fan will be at both games yelling and screaming as loud as I can for CC, just hope 28 players hear me and care. Because I do!
                sandbagging mf
                I'm the guy with the gold jersey in Magness, who is probably drunk or at least getting in trouble for obscene cheers.

"You all saw what happened. Stick down, gloves off, He challenged the Chiefs. Called us names, CALLED US NAMES!"

CC's titles are older than NASA

Comment

Originally posted by DenverGoldJersey View Post
                  sandbagging mf
                  +1 :'(
                  Originally posted by vizoroo
                  Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
                  Originally posted by duper
                  I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
                  Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
                  Originally posted by dggoddard
                  Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Comment

Originally posted by DenverGoldJersey View Post
                    sandbagging mf
                    Stay classy.

Comment

Originally posted by dave29 View Post
                      Stay classy.
                      Its DU-CC Weekend. Staying classy has never happened before. Why start now?

Comment

Not surprisingly these are the most important games in the WCHA this weekend,
                        http://www.playoffstatus.com/wchahockey/wchamig.html
                        GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                          Not surprisingly these are the most important games in the WCHA this weekend,
                          http://www.playoffstatus.com/wchahockey/wchamig.html
                          I'd rank the importance of the DU-CC game at "100". DU has an opportunity to put the dagger through CC's Pairwise Heart this weekend with a sweep.

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
                            I'd rank the importance of the DU-CC game at "100". DU has an opportunity to put the dagger through CC's Pairwise Heart this weekend with a sweep.

GO DU!!!!

ROWDY IN THE FIRST ROW!!!

DU Hockey National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post

Per Gwoz in his press conference - Sam will play one of the games this weekend in goal. He is not quite ready to go back-to-back yet.
                              DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Working...
                              X