PDA

View Full Version : Beanpot LX: All your Beanpots are belong to us

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

TonyTheTiger20
01-30-2012, 08:38 AM
Seeing as how BC's next game is the Beanpot (I know other schools have another game first), I figured it was a good time to start this thread.

BU sucks. Thoughts?

FlagDUDE08
01-30-2012, 08:39 AM
Somebody set up us the BUb-omb!

MUhawks628
01-30-2012, 08:44 AM
You have no chance to survive make your time.

KnightsOfTheRound
01-30-2012, 08:54 AM
What you say?

ActionJoe
01-30-2012, 08:57 AM
Seeing as how BC's next game is the Beanpot (I know other schools have another game first), I figured it was a good time to start this thread.

BU sucks. Thoughts?

Considering the current records of all teams involved, you are mistaken. But that can be forgiven since you most likely meant to type either an N or H. The keys are very close together. Next time, just be careful which buttons you press and use the preview post option. You wouldn't want people to think you are stupid by typing false statements.

/:-P

ericredaxe
01-30-2012, 09:05 AM
I think they should show the beanpot trot on the jumbotron. And since NU now owns the puckstar we should be in the clear of any ridiculious video / audio productions. :)

TonyTheTiger20
01-30-2012, 09:17 AM
Considering the current records of all teams involved, you are mistaken. But that can be forgiven since you most likely meant to type either an N or H. The keys are very close together. Next time, just be careful which buttons you press and use the preview post option. You wouldn't want people to think you are stupid by typing false statements.

/:-PYou'd like that, wouldn't you :p :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2hHeU2ejBM

Scarlet
01-30-2012, 09:29 AM
Seeing as how BC's next game is the Beanpot.....

Really?? Has that ever happened before?

Nick Papagiorgio
01-30-2012, 09:46 AM
- The Beanpot is still stupid.

- Congrats to BU in advance on winning their 80th Beanpot title or whatever number it will be now.

- Anyone want to predict how one of BC's legit goals vs. BU will be disallowed by video review? I'm going to guess Kreider scores a goal coming across the crease while Millan jumps and headbutts him like Brett Bennett did to Gerbe in 2008 (I think). Waved off for goalie interference. Happens every year. Place your bets, place your bets (insert BC gambling joke here).

- Parker pays the refs. For those that missed it, Jack concocted a particularly sinister plan this year. Sitting pretty in the PWR with a series against Maine coming up just days ahead of the Beanpot, he decided to throw two games to Maine while berating the officials and getting himself ejected from behind the bench. "He's lost his marbles" everyone says. Not quite. All part of his plan. Now Maine fans are prancing around pretending like they have all their teeth and don't sleep with their sisters and Whitehead's contract extension is all but assured. And... he saved some cash so he could "double down" on the Beanpot bribes. The man is a gd genius. At the end of the season, he's going to have the last laugh as he will have a Beanpot and will be laughing at both BC (for not winning the Beanpot) and Maine (for another few years of Whitehead), and the stigma of having the officials not in his back pocket will be gone (because this one time disproves it!). LONG LIVE THE KING!

J.D.
01-30-2012, 09:47 AM

I know BC is playing NU in the first round, but don't be surprised if York shows up in North Andover Friday night with a ham sandwich...or was it turkey? Either way, I want to hear Jackie complain about BC having an unfair advantage by not having to play this weekend ;)

claver2010
01-30-2012, 09:52 AM

Our schedule is so odd this year.

I said on EO that I could make a good case that coming into last weekend BC was 3rd most likely to win it all but after last couple of days who knows (outside of what Nick wrote).

FiveHole12
01-30-2012, 10:34 AM
- Anyone want to predict how one of BC's legit goals vs. BU will be disallowed by video review? I'm going to guess Kreider scores a goal coming across the crease while Millan jumps and headbutts him like Brett Bennett did to Gerbe in 2008 (I think). Waved off for goalie interference. Happens every year. Place your bets, place your bets (insert BC gambling joke here).
Child's play.
- The call will be made by Benedetto.
- Benedetto will be no closer to the goal than center ice.
- Kreider will blow by a D-man and tuck the puck 5-hole. Slow roller finally crosses the goal line.
- Benedetto disallows the goal as the whistle had already blown.

I ain't making this stuff up! It happens.

brassbonanza
01-30-2012, 12:45 PM
- Parker pays the refs. For those that missed it, Jack concocted a particularly sinister plan this year. Sitting pretty in the PWR with a series against Maine coming up just days ahead of the Beanpot, he decided to throw two games to Maine while berating the officials and getting himself ejected from behind the bench. "He's lost his marbles" everyone says. Not quite. All part of his plan. Now Maine fans are prancing around pretending like they have all their teeth and don't sleep with their sisters and Whitehead's contract extension is all but assured. And... he saved some cash so he could "double down" on the Beanpot bribes. The man is a gd genius. At the end of the season, he's going to have the last laugh as he will have a Beanpot and will be laughing at both BC (for not winning the Beanpot) and Maine (for another few years of Whitehead), and the stigma of having the officials not in his back pocket will be gone (because this one time disproves it!). LONG LIVE THE KING!

slow clap. very well done.

Hopefully this thread doesn't end up with h4ckz0rs from Minnesota chirping about how much better the soon to exist Minnesota Cup will be than our Beanpotz.

BUTerrierfan
01-30-2012, 01:21 PM
Guys posting... I was having a rough day at work, took a few minutes out to troll the posts and really got a good chuckle over these replies, well done! Thanks for making my day a little less s***ty for a few moments...

sterlippo1
01-30-2012, 02:20 PM

Thoughts?

yeah, i dont think my ticker can handle anymore NU-BC nail biters but i'm sure were gonna get another

Thiessen'sBetter
01-30-2012, 03:51 PM
I hope NU knows that they have a very big game on Friday if they wanna make the HE playoffs. As for Monday, how can you predict anything else than BC winning a one goal game?

mookie1995
01-30-2012, 08:30 PM
I hope NU knows that they have a very big game on Friday if they wanna make the HE playoffs. As for Monday, how can you predict anything else than BC winning a one goal game?

C'mon!!! Nu will win Monday (after losing fri). Then lose next fri and win the beanpot next Monday over bu. then lose out.

Huskies01
01-30-2012, 09:16 PM
From a NU perspective, I am hoping/guessing some kind of history will be made Monday night when our teams play. I think, and this is without doing any research what so ever, that if BC wins the game, that will be 4 losses for NU against BC in one season, in 4 different rinks in Boston. 1 loss at Matthews, 1 loss at Conte, 1 loss at Fenway, and then 1 loss at the Garden. Of course since the first three games were all one goal games, this one should be too. And to add to the fun, I am hoping York starts Billet, so it would be 4 one goal losses in 4 different rinks against 3 different goalies. That's gotta be some kind of record.

Of course then I would expect our teams to meet in the first round of the HE playoffs, probably a 2-7 matchup. And being how the weather had gone this winter, it will probably be in the low-70s in March, so the rink at Conte will be a mess so the 1st game will be moved down Comm Ave to WBA. BC will start the starting goalie for their club hockey team, and win that game by one goal. The next night the teams will have to play at Bright Arena due to Parker being annoyed that a BC-NU game at WBA out drew his first round game at the new place by 2k fans, and in this game instead of starting a goalie, BC will turn the net on its side facing the boards, bottom side up, and will of course win by 1 goal, probably 13-12, with BC getting 3 shorthanded goals in the last 10 minutes to ice the game, 2 of which will be on a 5 on 3.

So that will be six losses, all by one goal, in six different rinks, against 4 different goalies and one empty net.

It is kinda funny though, if you look at BC vs NU going back to last season, BC has won I think all but one game, and all the games have been by one goal, there is one tie in there too. Some high scoring, some low scoring, all pretty entertaining, outside of all the results going one way. Gotta think the same thing happens Monday night. Kinda feels like our turn to pull one out, but BC just seems to be always a bit better in the end.

At some point NU is going to pull one of these out, not sure if this is the year though. Would be nice to finally see a NU-Harvard final though.

FiveHole12
01-30-2012, 09:43 PM
From a NU perspective, I am hoping/guessing some kind of history will be made Monday night when our teams play. I think, and this is without doing any research what so ever, that if BC wins the game, that will be 4 losses for NU against BC in one season, in 4 different rinks in Boston. 1 loss at Matthews, 1 loss at Conte, 1 loss at Fenway, and then 1 loss at the Garden. Of course since the first three games were all one goal games, this one should be too. And to add to the fun, I am hoping York starts Billet, so it would be 4 one goal losses in 4 different rinks against 3 different goalies. That's gotta be some kind of record.

Of course then I would expect our teams to meet in the first round of the HE playoffs, probably a 2-7 matchup. And being how the weather had gone this winter, it will probably be in the low-70s in March, so the rink at Conte will be a mess so the 1st game will be moved down Comm Ave to WBA. BC will start the starting goalie for their club hockey team, and win that game by one goal. The next night the teams will have to play at Bright Arena due to Parker being annoyed that a BC-NU game at WBA out drew his first round game at the new place by 2k fans, and in this game instead of starting a goalie, BC will turn the net on its side facing the boards, bottom side up, and will of course win by 1 goal, probably 13-12, with BC getting 3 shorthanded goals in the last 10 minutes to ice the game, 2 of which will be on a 5 on 3.

So that will be six losses, all by one goal, in six different rinks, against 4 different goalies and one empty net.

It is kinda funny though, if you look at BC vs NU going back to last season, BC has won I think all but one game, and all the games have been by one goal, there is one tie in there too. Some high scoring, some low scoring, all pretty entertaining, outside of all the results going one way. Gotta think the same thing happens Monday night. Kinda feels like our turn to pull one out, but BC just seems to be always a bit better in the end.

At some point NU is going to pull one of these out, not sure if this is the year though. Would be nice to finally see a NU-Harvard final though.
Very well done. :)

But let's cut through the red tape and make history with a 100-0 BC win. ;) :p

Yuppie Scum
01-30-2012, 09:52 PM
I know BC is playing NU in the first round, but don't be surprised if York shows up in North Andover Friday night with a ham sandwich...or was it turkey? Either way, I want to hear Jackie complain about BC having an unfair advantage by not having to play this weekend ;)

Harrison's Roast Beef.