Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SCSU @ UW: Hey, I can see the basement from here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCSU @ UW: Hey, I can see the basement from here!

SCSU is in 8th with 17 points, UW is in 9th a point behind, and the team directly above and directly below them in the standings has two games in hand. SCSU's forwards are thinner than Kate Moss in her "prime" and UW's average age matches Justin Bieber's to the day, but excuses are useless at this point of the season. Things are getting desperate up in here...
    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Re: SCSU @ UW: Hey, I can see the basement from here!

Spiltsville....here we come!

At least we better.
    Originally posted by Skeeterman
    Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
    "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

If the Huskies play with the heart they displayed against the Gophers,I call a St Cloud sweep. There is no way they should have been in either of those games,but they had a shot at winning both nights. That was impressive.

Comment

Sounds like Novak doesn't have a broken leg so hopefully he can return this week.
        I'm guessing we'll see split time in goal as well.
        Odd man rushes killed us last weekend, so I hope we can stay a little more disciplined.
        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
        Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
        Grandma ~ Jan 2004
        Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
        Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
          Sounds like Novak doesn't have a broken leg so hopefully he can return this week.
          I'm guessing we'll see split time in goal as well.
          Odd man rushes killed us last weekend, so I hope we can stay a little more disciplined.
          Nearly all of those came from our D jumping into the play and the center not covering for them. Definitely some things to work on. We really missed Novak on Saturday as he has the speed to get back into the play and recover. Regardless, I like to see our D take the risk and try to make something happen. Many times when they jumped in, they created a good scoring chance but could not convert. We see it so often when a team has a grade A chance, a shot gets blocked, and grade A results going the other way.

Comment

I hope we don't have any of those lame, juvenile references to deer humping in this thread.
            Bob is making me concerned
            I am the voice of reason

Comment

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
              I hope we don't have any of those lame, juvenile references to deer humping in this thread.

Didn't you just reference them in that post?

Actually, those don't bother me at all as they're used up at this point. I'd like to see folks come up with something new.

Comment

Well this looks to be the last time SCSU will play in Madison and second to last time these teams will play in regular season play. I suppose they could play in the NCAA's at some point, but there won't be any non conference play between these two teams. Wisconsin isn't interested in playing in St. Cloud, so Motzko isn't interested in playing anybody that won't make a return trip to the NHC. It is to bad, but I guess in the end neither team is a big draw for each other so it really isn't a loss for either team.

I wish I was making the trip, but I am going to be at my son's hockey tourney. I have had a lot of great times in madtown over the years and not having this roadtrip does suck. I truly believe it is the best road trip in all of college hockey. Hopefully all the Husky fans going will have 10 or 20 drinks for me.
                I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
                  Well this looks to be the last time SCSU will play in Madison and second to last time these teams will play in regular season play. I suppose they could play in the NCAA's at some point, but there won't be any non conference play between these two teams. Wisconsin isn't interested in playing in St. Cloud, so Motzko isn't interested in playing anybody that won't make a return trip to the NHC. It is to bad, but I guess in the end neither team is a big draw for each other so it really isn't a loss for either team.

I wish I was making the trip, but I am going to be at my son's hockey tourney. I have had a lot of great times in madtown over the years and not having this roadtrip does suck. I truly believe it is the best road trip in all of college hockey. Hopefully all the Husky fans going will have 10 or 20 drinks for me.
                  We travel to Madison next year, and I will have 10 to 20 drinks for you... Before the puck drops Friday

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                    We travel to Madison next year, and I will have 10 to 20 drinks for you... Before the puck drops Friday
                    Oh nice! I will have to go then....
                    I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Another road trip? I will behave worse than last time.
                      "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

[QUOTE=mahogma;5336345]If the Huskies play with the heart they displayed against the Gophers,I call a St Cloud sweep. There is no way they should have been in either of those games,but they had a shot at winning both nights. That was impressive.[/QUOTE

Ditto. Ferragher(sp) is about to stand on his head again. SCSU has been on the bubble all season and in every game that i've watched.

SCSU-Sweep

Comment

Originally posted by Lady wore Black View Post
                          Another road trip? I will behave worse than last time.
                          Who invited your ***?

Comment

Who invited your ***?
                            You know you want me there.

Comment

If the Huskies can win 5 of their next 6, I think they will be in a decent position to make the NCAA tourney. Against Wisconsin, UAA and Tech I think it is possible. Despite the results last weekend, I liked the effort and think the departures/injuries have brought the team together.

We have Lee back and combined with Faragher, I think we have goaltending that can keep us in a game against anyone. I like our defensive play, which has been a rarity over Motzko's tenure. Gravel is great, I think Jensen has regressed a bit but is still solid. Prochno has been very good especially on offense. Daly has played pretty well. Rabey has improved a lot overof this season. Zabs has been okay, which I think is an improvement from last season. I still think Taylor Johnson is awful.

Long story longer, I think the goalies and defense have been the strength of this team and if/when we get some forwards back and can put more pressure on the other teams goalie, we will run off some games. Hopefully it starts this weekend.
                              Originally posted by SJHovey
                              Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                              Originally posted by Brenthoven
                              We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Working...
                              X