Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SCSU @ UW: Hey, I can see the basement from here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SCSU @ UW: Hey, I can see the basement from here!

Originally posted by scsu euro View Post
    i don't mind putting zabs or johnson at f 'cause then they're making mistakes at the other end of the ice.
    ialways.
    Originally posted by SJHovey
    Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
    Originally posted by Brenthoven
    We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
      Alrighty then, I guess this makes my previous post obsolete. This season blows worse than last season.
      I disagree wholeheartedly. I'd rather have a team that's fighting and has had to deal with injuries and departures than a team picked by EVERYONE to finish 2nd in the WCHA and just fall flat on their face.
      tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
        I'll do you one better... I think we could win the next six. We still won't be in a place to make the NCAAs. The WCHA non conference results has made everyone's SOS pedestrian. I mean that would be only two wins against TUCs right?
        [CHECKS RPI RATINGS]
        So the dominant conference this year is the...
        [SPITS OUT WATER]
        Cup Cake Hockey Association?!?!?!?!?!?!

What the hell is going on?
        Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
        We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

I disagree wholeheartedly. I'd rather have a team that's fighting and has had to deal with injuries and departures than a team picked by EVERYONE to finish 2nd in the WCHA and just fall flat on their face.
          Not me, last season we had no excuses. We just weren't as good as we, or others, thought we were. Not much to complain about there. This season, we lost our Captain and leading scorer, as well as our #1 goalie by a mile in the first conference series. I think this season is worse because it makes you think about what might have been. Last season, we just flat-out sucked.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
            Not me, last season we had no excuses. We just weren't as good as we, or others, thought we were. Not much to complain about there. This season, we lost our Captain and leading scorer, as well as our #1 goalie by a mile in the first conference series. I think this season is worse because it makes you think about what might have been. Last season, we just flat-out sucked.
            Look at the talent on that team, why are we better this year? We had a good freshman class this year for sure, but we lost Roe, Dunn, Marvin and Lauridsen, so if this year's team with all those injuries can have about the same record as last year's I think that goes to show how much effort and consistency killed us last year. Something else that's hurt us both years, being anti-clutch. We've scored as many goals as we have given up this year in conference play, yet we're 3 games under .500. UNO has scored one more goal than they've given up and are plus three. Gotta find a way to win those close ones.

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

Comment

I'd rather play a quadriplegic than Johnson. Blech.
              St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

At the Motzko radio show, he will be using all lines from now on.
                Bob is making me concerned
                I am the voice of reason

Comment

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
                  Do we know who'll be skating as a forward? McMillan should've stayed, wouldn't have been a healthy scratch amymore

Comment

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
                    So he is going to play the 4th line?
                    I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Do we know who'll be skating as a forward? McMillan should've stayed, wouldn't have been a healthy scratch amymore
                      Gotta love Murphy's Law.
                      Originally posted by Skeeterman
                      Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
                      "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Originally posted by Lady wore Black View Post
                        Gotta love Murphy's Law.
                        That's the guy from Robocop, right?
                        St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by Lady wore Black View Post
                          Gotta love Murphy's Law.
                          I'm assuming that's the name of a Madison bar, and I've told you, I don't remember any of those names

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                            That's the guy from Robocop, right?
                            Is he skating at forward now? It'd be harder than hell to knock him off the puck, but he looks kinda slow to me....

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                              Is he skating at forward now? It'd be harder than hell to knock him off the puck, but he looks kinda slow to me....
                              Then shouldn't he be playing for UAA? Or is he not old enough?

Comment

These Wisconsin fans disgust me. Their behavior in this thread has made me lose what little respect I once had for this fanbase. Buncha animals.

Comment

Working...
                                X