X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML 2011-2012 Thread: Part II

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
    USCHO picks: Dave is calling for a weekend sweep, while Jim says Lowell wins tonight, loses tomorrow.
    Haven't been paying attention - how accurate have their picks been this year?
    Gary

www.umlhockey.com
    Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
    "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
    KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
      Haven't been paying attention - how accurate have their picks been this year?
      Dave last week: 10-1-0
      Jim last week: 10-1-0
      Dave’s record-to-date: 94-58-13
      Jim’s record-to-date: 91-61-13

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
        Dave last week: 10-1-0
        Jim last week: 10-1-0
        Dave’s record-to-date: 94-58-13
        Jim’s record-to-date: 91-61-13
        Thanks. I was asking in relation to UML picks specifically.
        Gary

www.umlhockey.com

"It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
        KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Nice fluff piece on the Hawks on INCH's HE blog. Nice to see that coach Bazin is keeping the team grounded amid all the success they've had this year. The Vermont and Northeastern games are good things to point to show you can't ever let up in this league.

http://insidecollegehockey.com/inch/...2/10/hea_1019/

It's going to be a tremendous weekend. Two tough and very different opponents on tap. Sometimes I still feel like this whole season is a dream. Merrimack game is the key to the weekend but I think the Maine tilt will be the more difficult one to win.

Comment

Did you EVER think you'd see this line in an article? From CHN's weekend preview blog:
            This will arguably be the biggest game this weekend anywhere in the country as UMass-Lowell will host Merrimack.
            Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
            2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
            2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
            2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
            2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Did you EVER think you'd see this line in an article? From CHN's weekend preview blog: This will arguably be the biggest game this weekend anywhere in the country as UMass-Lowell will host Merrimack.
              Umm, no. Or even UML mentioned as even one team in that sentence.
              Gary

www.umlhockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
                Thanks. I was asking in relation to UML picks specifically.
                well, they were at least 1-1 last weekend
                good luck this weekend, see you guys in march!

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
                  well, they were at least 1-1 last weekend
                  Actually they both called for a Lowell sweep last weekend.
                  Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                  2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Does anyone know what type of crowd they expect tonight? I hope it's packed. I would imagine there will be a good turnout of MC fans as well.

Comment

Eagle Tribune article.
                      http://www.eagletribune.com/sports/x...os-back-on-top

Comment

One of the players I hate the most in HE might not play for Maine tomorrow.
                        Junior left wing Adam Shemansky (head injury, sickness) is expected to be in the lineup this weekend but leading goal scorer Joey Diamond (hip flexor, sickness) is still questionable, according to Whitehead.
                        Monty

Comment

I would like to see tonight's atmosphere to be like in the old days of this match up. I can remember when the forum would be rocking. Should be to great games this weekend. On another topic, I will going to Tampa,(hopefully the team will be too) and I would like to put together a meet and great social for UML fans that will be there. If anyone is interested let me know. I can be reach here or at beachockey@comcast.net. I think it would be a good time.

Comment

One of the players I hate the most in HE might not play for Maine tomorrow.

You would love Diamond if he were on your team.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeyfan0862 View Post
                              I would like to see tonight's atmosphere to be like in the old days of this match up. I can remember when the forum would be rocking. Should be to great games this weekend. On another topic, I will going to Tampa,(hopefully the team will be too) and I would like to put together a meet and great social for UML fans that will be there. If anyone is interested let me know. I can be reach here or at beachockey@comcast.net. I think it would be a good time.
                              If they're there, I'm in.
                              Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                              You would love Diamond if he were on your team.
                              No doubt. He's one of those players that you love on your team, but hate if he's not. I equate him to players in soccer (my favorite sport). I see guys diving or being dirty, and the ones that annoy me the most are the ones that actually have the talent to do it cleanly. I've seen Diamond play and when he's just playing the game, he's actually extremely talented (one of the goals he scored up at Maine against Lowell was fantastic). It's the other stuff that annoys the hell out of me.
                              Monty

Comment

Of all weekends not to be around, terrible timing. I will be driving till late tonight and I had a question. Has anyone tried/been able to listen to the game on their phones? I really hate to miss both games but would love to listen to it. And since I will be driving down to PA, I sadly don't think WUML will be reaching down there.

Comment

Working...
                                X