This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boston College Season Thread: PART II

Well, this is a good start to the weekend and hopefully ends with a 4-PT BC weekend.

They haven't scored 4 goals or more in a game in quite awhile. Hopefully this begins a run for the post season and an end to scoring drought that has hit this team.

Finally Hayes scores a goal, he's been scoreless it seems for months. Good to see other people get into the scoring column and that Kreider goal was what the doctor ordered to get everyone going
    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Re: Boston College Season Thread: PART II

weird game. despite the shot disparity i didn't think they played great(in spots yes) but that's three pretty good games in row and it's been a while since we saw that. At this point, avoiding another devastating loss and actually coming away with two points has to help their psyche. Way less mental errors and a great job by the D in front of Milner .To say tonight is big for this team is an understatement

Comment

btw, WBIN (ch 18 on comcast) is televising the game tonight..............nice

Comment

Didn't they score 4 goals in both games at Maine?
        Originally posted by mookie1995
        bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
        Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
        Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
          Didn't they score 4 goals in both games at Maine?
          Only 3 last Friday, 4 Saturday.

We finally connected last night on some great chances. Those last 2 goals were things of beauty, as was Kreider's shortie. Awesome burst of speed sent him in alone. Where's that been? Hopefully he's been saving it up for the 2nd half.

UNH had 13 shots on net! Now that's some shut down D. Worrisome they score 3 on just 13 shots, but I'm not sure that's on Milner. First one was, but the other 2? Milner is pretty slow to recover from the initial save though.
          That being said, Venti may be our best goalie right now. He looked good in last Friday's loss at Maine. He's quicker in net than the other two IMO.

I'm heading up to the Whitt tonight. I think the Eagles may have some fun on the big sheet, although DeSmith may have something to say about the outcome. The kid stoned us more than a few times last night.
          'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Wuz there any diving in ur game last night? Rumor has it all the dive judges were at Egganis Arena watching that one. Ya know Im starting to think ole Timmay owns those old phart coaches in Boston.
            I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

The Kid thinks "another number" will start in goal tonight...............hmmmmmm

Comment

FWIW (nothing ,I know) but..........In UNH's last two games at Conte they have been out shot 42-12 (senior night last year) and 34-13 (last night)..... 25 shots total in two games. Now THAT is a head scratcher

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                  btw, WBIN (ch 18 on comcast) is televising the game tonight..............nice
                  Great to hear, we've been lucky with the amount of games on tv this year

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                    ...UNH had 13 shots on net! Now that's some shut down D. Worrisome they score 3 on just 13 shots, but I'm not sure that's on Milner. First one was, but the other 2? Milner is pretty slow to recover from the initial save though. ...
                    Well, it could have been 5 goals on 13 shots, as there were 2 pucks that struck the post (most critically within the last 12 seconds of the game.) Or do pipe shots count as a SOG? I'm not quite sure what counts and what doesn't.

Still, your D did a good job tying up UNH all night, limiting our opportunities. Good job, but had we done a better job on the shorty, well who knows? Maybe we would have lost in OT, as has been our habit. I hope for a split tonight, to recover some vestige of pride or dignity from this otherwise dismal season. Wouldn't surprise me at all to play you again at the Conte in the 1/4s, as home ice for us is all but lost (a remarkable run that had to end at some point.)
                    We are usually convinced more easily by reasons we have found ourselves than by those which have occurred to others.
                    ---Blaise Pascal

When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.
                    --Richard Dawkins

UNH Wildcats: Winners, 20XX NCAA Men's Hockey National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                      Only 3 last Friday, 4 Saturday.

We finally connected last night on some great chances. Those last 2 goals were things of beauty, as was Kreider's shortie. Awesome burst of speed sent him in alone. Where's that been? Hopefully he's been saving it up for the 2nd half.

UNH had 13 shots on net! Now that's some shut down D. Worrisome they score 3 on just 13 shots, but I'm not sure that's on Milner. First one was, but the other 2? Milner is pretty slow to recover from the initial save though.
                      That being said, Venti may be our best goalie right now. He looked good in last Friday's loss at Maine. He's quicker in net than the other two IMO.

I'm heading up to the Whitt tonight. I think the Eagles may have some fun on the big sheet, although DeSmith may have something to say about the outcome. The kid stoned us more than a few times last night.
                      I think that 2nd goal is on Milner, you can't allow a goal like that. Still kind of sloppy in their own end but hopefully less and less as the season winds down.
                      NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

There were some good signs last night that hopefully this team can get out of this rut:

Some physicality from the back line
                        Kevin Hayes using his body
                        The PK getting back on track (how good is Maine's PP? unreal)
                        Some movement on the PP

As I said on EA, no one is running away in HE, just keep compiling points.

Comment

Originally posted by goblue View Post
                          Well, it could have been 5 goals on 13 shots, as there were 2 pucks that struck the post (most critically within the last 12 seconds of the game.) Or do pipe shots count as a SOG? I'm not quite sure what counts and what doesn't.
                          you're right, we were very fortunate. Hitting the post does not count as a SOG btw

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                            I think that 2nd goal is on Milner, you can't allow a goal like that. Still kind of sloppy in their own end but hopefully less and less as the season winds down.
                            it's hard to see the second one but maybe you mean the first one from behind the net? that was the one that i think you just cant give up. Also, we had 2 men in front on the UNH third goal and Mullane looked like he should have been able to put the body on the UNH player and move him out before the puck got there. on our game winner, two UNH players got mixed up at our blue line resulting in the turnover that led to the game winner. maybe those kind of breaks are starting to come our way after 2 1/2 months with out any puck luck at all.....

Comment

Whichever goal it was, the one that went in off Milner's back - come on. That was just awful. How far out of position was he?
                              Boston College Eagle Hockey ยป "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

Working...
                              X