Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Tournament Speculation Thread

Note:

Host and/or higher-seeded (lower number) team is home and wears light uniform. Home team (not top seed) is home in first round; higher seed is home in second round.
    Larry Normandin
    SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
    WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by LakerAlum09 View Post
      What does everyone think of the Oswego/EC matchup?
      I think that's a great matchup for Elmira.
      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
      GO LAKERS!!!
      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

Thanks to the couple of St Thomas nay sayers who said we had 0 chance. A record like that can't go unnoticed

Comment

This tournament is always the perfect warning to those who want to say they've seen it all. They had it set up perfectly in the West to bus MSOE 2 hours up to St. Norbert and have the MN schools with the short trip in the Twin Cities area. Instead they send the 2nd best team to #1 creating a 4.5 hour bus trip and a 6+ hour bus trip with the 3-4 matchup. The explanation may be they could have the seedings different, but then they screwed it up. The seedings in the West should go in this order SNC, St. Thomas, Gustavus, MSOE and really it's an easy call.
          Still No Championships - R.I.P. 3/23/2008

"It's a great day to be great!" Greg Jennings 2/6/11

"I don't step on toes, LittleJohn, I step on necks!" - C. Norris

I've got the fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.

2008 D3 Poster of the Year
          2007 D3 Tournament of Posters Champion
          2005-2006 D3 Rookie Poster of the Year
          Boycotting that steaming pantload Relevant Radio since 10/25/06!

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
            ...could be a quiet campus center with the start of spring break and Oswego HS playing at The Aud that night...which won't hurt the Soaring Eagles...I expect both teams to recognize the opportunity for advancement and leave it all on the ice...stay out of the box, make every shift count...although my favorite color is purple,, my love of Lakers comes before Eagles... Oswego advances, perhaps to meet the Cardinals for the fourth time - this season currently at 1-1-1 with the birds....
            LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
              And this is when Prez yells at himself in the mirror.
              Russell Jaslow
              [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
              U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by MW4Bucky&SNC View Post
                This tournament is always the perfect warning to those who want to say they've seen it all. They had it set up perfectly in the West to bus MSOE 2 hours up to St. Norbert and have the MN schools with the short trip in the Twin Cities area. Instead they send the 2nd best team to #1 creating a 4.5 hour bus trip and a 6+ hour bus trip with the 3-4 matchup. The explanation may be they could have the seedings different, but then they screwed it up. The seedings in the West should go in this order SNC, St. Thomas, Gustavus, MSOE and really it's an easy call.
                Read my previous post -- the NCAA doesn't care how long a bus trip is once they make the decision it's going to be a bus trip versus an airplane trip. And, I agree with that.

I suspect they were trying to avoid an intra-conference match up in the first round, and for that I can't blame them. Though, I probably would prefer to have the top seeded team play the lowest seeded team for fairness, not because it's a shorter bus ride..
                Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
                  ...could be a quiet campus center with the start of spring break and Oswego HS playing at The Aud that night...which won't hurt the Soaring Eagles...I expect both teams to recognize the opportunity for advancement and leave it all on the ice...stay out of the box, make every shift count...although my favorite color is purple,, my love of Lakers comes before Eagles... Oswego advances, perhaps to meet the Cardinals for the fourth time - this season currently at 1-1-1 with the birds....
                  The last few years when Oswego hosted the quarterfinal round with students on break, it was still a very, very good crowd, and they were sure loud -- of course it helped that Oswego came out playing like world champions in all those previous quarterfinal games.
                  Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by MW4Bucky&SNC View Post
                    +1
                    SNC: 2008, 2011, 2012 and 2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

While several of us were kicking around the potential for St. Thomas to get in over Hobart, you seemed pretty confident they would. And now you look like a guru for calling it. So I've got to ask - what led to your "sneaky suspicion"?

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                      Although others are putting up very strong arguments against it, I have a sneaky suspicion St. Thomas very well may get in.

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                        Remember unlike yesterday, this game counts so you will see a different Oswego team....
                        Likewise with Elmira.
                        Elmira College (2006 ECAC-W Champions. 2006,2008 Final Four Semi-Finalist)
                        Guelph Storm (2004 OHL Champions)
                        Die Hard Leafs Fan (Still Waiting )

http://community.webshots.com/user/jpconnor55

Comment

Originally posted by llama View Post
                          While several of us were kicking around the potential for St. Thomas to get in over Hobart, you seemed pretty confident they would. And now you look like a guru for calling it. So I've got to ask - what led to your "sneaky suspicion"?
                          I was waiting for someone to ask that question...

Talking to a coach the other day, who had served on these committees in the past, he indicated to me if you look at the criteria, St. Thomas should be much higher ranked than they are now. So, it got me thinking that it would all be "corrected" when the selection process took place.
                          Russell Jaslow

Comment

From the manual:
                            The Division III Men’s Ice Hockey Committee will rank the teams selected within each geographic region using the primary
                            and secondary criteria. The highest-ranked teams in each region will be given consideration as preliminary first-round and
                            quarterfinal sites, assuming they meet the requirements of Bylaw 31.1.3.2.3. The committee will pair the teams regionally,
                            based on geographic location of all participants and final seeding. Flights will be kept to a minimum. Please refer to Appendix
                            A on page 50 for the Division III men’s ice hockey bracket.
                            So which criteria put UST in the tournament and Hobart out? Then, using the same structure, make sure that Elmira and Oswego got in and nobody else booted them?
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                              From the manual:

So which criteria put UST in the tournament and Hobart out? Then, using the same structure, make sure that Elmira and Oswego got in and nobody else booted them?
                              I believe it is an incumbent year for the Prezidential Three
                              Larry Normandin
                              SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                              WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                                Read my previous post -- the NCAA doesn't care how long a bus trip is once they make the decision it's going to be a bus trip versus an airplane trip. And, I agree with that.

I suspect they were trying to avoid an intra-conference match up in the first round, and for that I can't blame them. Though, I probably would prefer to have the top seeded team play the lowest seeded team for fairness, not because it's a shorter bus ride..
                                I get that but the idea of them caring about the welfare of the student athlete is laughable when you can shorten their time on the road very easily here. Not to mention it would better keep the integrity of the seedings. That would be the primary point of this. If they want to reward the Gusties for winning the conference tournament then let them host the 2-3 but this would have made the most sense on a couple of levels. It's not agregious but it would have made more sense to go SNC-MSOE and then the 2 MIAC schools.
                                Still No Championships - R.I.P. 3/23/2008

"It's a great day to be great!" Greg Jennings 2/6/11

"I don't step on toes, LittleJohn, I step on necks!" - C. Norris

I've got the fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.

2008 D3 Poster of the Year
                                2007 D3 Tournament of Posters Champion
                                2005-2006 D3 Rookie Poster of the Year
                                Boycotting that steaming pantload Relevant Radio since 10/25/06!

Comment

Working...
                                X