Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UMaine - 2011-2012 Season Thread (cont) - Beating Back the Internuts ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UMaine - 2011-2012 Season Thread (cont) - Beating Back the Internuts ?

Whoda thunk we'd be in third at this juncture? But been there, done that before. Heloooooo Jackie

Awww chit, pardon moi...we only in fourth.....fire Whathead !!!

why do i have that uneasy feeling that Pahkar is going to ruin our "season" this weekend ?
    Last edited by acs64; 01-25-2012, 07:59 PM.
    I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Re: UMaine - 2011-2012 Season Thread (cont) - Beating Back the Internuts ?

Flynn is 10 points away from being in the top 10 all-time for career scoring at Maine (Division I).

Comment

Maine is College Hockey News team of the week.

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...week_maine.php

Comment

If anyone else heard the uscho interview with Tim, I'd be interested in his comments. (He sounded pretty jovial to me, as though nothing was lurking beyond the horizon.)
        Last edited by Fishman'81; 01-26-2012, 12:09 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE=acs64;5331756]Whoda thunk we'd be in third at this juncture? But been there, done that before. Heloooooo Jackie

Maine is in 4th, and MC has two games in hand.

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
            Whoda thunk we'd be in third at this juncture? But been there, done that before. Heloooooo Jackie

Awww chit, pardon moi...we only in fourth.....fire Whathead !!!

why do i have that uneasy feeling that Pahkar is going to ruin our "season" this weekend ?
            Jackie P. wants the old Maine back. I bet that he longs for the days of Walsh teams as much as we do.......beating TIMMAY is like taking candy from a baby.

Comment

Coach Whitehead is awesome. He is an INCREDIBLE coach! We are very lucky and he is proving all the naysayers and bandwagon fans wrong!

Go Black Bears!

Comment

I see Big Papa is still lurkiing. Open season on Papa's.
                I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Face the facts. Coach Whitehead is leading us to new heights.

There is a HUGE fan base of support for our Coach. We are the silent majority. Only the ding dongs, who are the small ripple (just look at thier failed petition) who cry like babies and try to drag this incredible and proud program through the mud.

Real fans support thier club through good times and bad times. Unfortunately when it come to Maine hocket we have some totally uneducated gum flapping so called fans that know nothing about the sport and don't want to see and don't want to acknowlege the incredible job that Coach Whitehead has done in the past and the present.

We are moving up in the standings and garnering Natioanl attention and our coaches have earned much KUDOS!

Go Black Bears!

Comment

New heights? This program has two NCAA Championships and two Hobey Baker winners. So unless Timmay leads us to back-to-back titles, there will be no new heights you dope.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Papa View Post
                      Face the facts. Coach Whitehead is leading us to new heights.

There is a HUGE fan base of support for our Coach. We are the silent majority. Only the ding dongs, who are the small ripple (just look at thier failed petition) who cry like babies and try to drag this incredible and proud program through the mud.

Real fans support thier club through good times and bad times. Unfortunately when it come to Maine hocket we have some totally uneducated gum flapping so called fans that know nothing about the sport and don't want to see and don't want to acknowlege the incredible job that Coach Whitehead has done in the past and the present.

We are moving up in the standings and garnering Natioanl attention and our coaches have earned much KUDOS!

Go Black Bears!
                      Yes Kudos to Corkum. And Kudos to the players for finally hustling, which they should have been doing all along.

But no Kudos to Whitehead. This is what we expect from the team. He does not get Kudos for having a good stretch where he is doing his job after a prolonged bad stretch. If he was a good coach, Maine would've been playing like this ALL YEAR. Plus our defense is still FULL of leaks. Where's Whitehead's coaching on that? Oh wait Tim is still telling them to keep getting their sticks in there and avoid all hitting at all costs. The same type of defense he has used for years and NEVER works consistently.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                        If anyone else heard the uscho interview with Tim, I'd be interested in his comments. (He sounded pretty jovial to me, as though nothing was lurking beyond the horizon.)
                        I listened to the whole program. I thought Tim was well spoken and answered the questions very directly. He was definitely pleased with the team's progress but he wasn't gloating or patting himself on the back for the recent success. He spent time talking about the lack of goal tending the last few years and how Martin is pushing Sullivan. I knew that Tim knew Norm Bazin very well and that they had worked together. I didn't realize that Tim had taken Norm out of a lumber yard and got him into coaching. As you all know Norm Bazin is now at UMass-Lowell and Tim has a lot of respect for him.

Comment

But does Norm have any for Timmay?
                          bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                          SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                          All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                          A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
                            Jackie P. wants the old Maine back. I bet that he longs for the days of Walsh teams as much as we do.......beating TIMMAY is like taking candy from a baby.
                            Jack isn't the only one. There was a time when beating Maine really meant something. I enjoyed it more than beating BC.

Now, eh, not so much.
                            Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

Originally posted by irishfan85 View Post
                              New heights? This program has two NCAA Championships and two Hobey Baker winners. So unless Timmay leads us to back-to-back titles, there will be no new heights you dope.
                              aren't you on the wrong page irishfart? We are rocking!

Comment

Working...
                              X