Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UMaine - 2011-2012 Season Thread (cont) - Beating Back the Internuts ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine - 2011-2012 Season Thread (cont) - Beating Back the Internuts ?

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
    ok. so after the 1st there were some players on the weak side.... good.

but what is with the keystone cop defense running into each other all the time?

last, how did Maine play that entire game at 2/3 speed?

I wonder if timmy was guessing that by losing to PC and putting them back into the TUC column, then maine would gaine one more win against a TUC? hmmmm? hmmmm???

fun at lowell tomorrow.
    I cannot wait to meet Priceless there.
    are you really quoting and responding to your own posts lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweeper View Post
      are you really quoting and responding to your own posts lol.
      or following up.
      thanks for the hocky-related content... sorry you were not able to pick out a misspelling

so... remind me of the great passes spencer-sees-the-ice made tonight?

Comment

Originally posted by GoBlackBears View Post
        Back to playing TIMMAY hockey.
        but it is not hard to belive is it?

Comment

or following up.
          thanks for the hocky-related content... sorry you were not able to pick out a misspelling

so... remind me of the great passes spencer-sees-the-ice made tonight?
          He played well tonight, 2 points outta 3, pretty solid if you ask me, beauty pass to the point on the first goal. Beautiful pass cross ice to Mangene who didn't get good wood on the pass. he probably doesn't make good passes hes only got, what? 33 assists in 28 games?? I think 90% of them have been rebounds thou some1 is cranky tonight! Following up to your own posts is good too, usually you respond to what other people write, not your own posts. Have a few drinks and cool off tonight ha ha. I don't really care about spelling on a public hockey forum!!!!!!! Didn't know we get graded on this site.
          Last edited by Sweeper; 02-10-2012, 10:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweeper View Post
            He played well tonight, 2 points outta 3, pretty solid if you ask me, beauty pass to the point on the first goal. Beautiful pass cross ice to Mangene who didn't get good wood on the pass. he probably doesn't make good passes hes only got, what? 33 assists in 28 games?? I think 90% of them have been rebounds thou some1 is cranky tonight! Following up to your own posts is good too, usually you respond to what other people write, not your own posts. Have a few drinks and cool off tonight ha ha. I don't really care about spelling on a public hockey forum!!!!!!! Didn't know we get graded on this site.
            i m not sure you and i call the same passes "good"

number of assists does not necessarily mean good passes... he had ONE good pass tonight.
            to flynn and flynn sent back a terrible pass that a great SHOOTER put in the net.
            he can shoot, he cannot pass. abbott had to contort himself to get his blade on that puck, that was a BAD pass.
            Last edited by KnowItAll; 02-10-2012, 11:09 PM.

Comment

A couple of observations...

PC is not a bad team, IMO, having seen them a couple of times. This year is so wide-open; you have to show up every night, against everybody.

UML is now #1 in the PW, and Maine has slipped to #11... Tomorrow's game is (probably) huge for Maine - perhaps Priceless will do the math? - but it seems to me that a win at Lowell will get the Bears back off the bubble for the nonce.

(And KIA, are you saying that Abbott isn't one of the best players Maine has had in years and years..? If so, pass me what you're smoking ! )
              Last edited by Fishman'81; 02-10-2012, 11:54 PM.

Comment

i m not sure you and i call the same passes "good"

number of assists does not necessarily mean good passes... he had ONE good pass tonight.
                to flynn and flynn sent back a terrible pass that a great SHOOTER put in the net.
                he can shoot, he cannot pass. abbott had to contort himself to get his blade on that puck, that was a BAD pass.
                I like you, but you are crazy my friend. I guess number of assists has no indication you can pass, only 33 guys have scored off his stick, he must be really lucky, right?

Hes only leading the league in assists, but cannot pass, please explain this logic?? It really blows me away that you can say this and honestly believe that he CANNOT pass. I bet you his teammate beg to differ.

really that was the good pass he made? the puck came to him almost center ice and he slid it across to Flynn, that was better than threading the needle to Mangene on the pp??? What about when he sucked the guy in on him and sent a behind the back pass down low right on Flynns tape? We def don't agree on good passes.

I do think we can agree that I love to get you going
                Last edited by Sweeper; 02-11-2012, 12:05 AM.

Comment

but it is not hard to belive is it?

Nothing is with Timmay!
                  When you say Tim Whitehead, You haven't said much!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                    A couple of observations...

PC is not a bad team, IMO, having seen them a couple of times. This year is so wide-open; you have to show up every night, against everybody.

UML is now #1 in the PW, and Maine has slipped to #11... Tomorrow's game is (probably) huge for Maine - perhaps Priceless will do the math? - but it seems to me that a win at Lowell will get the Bears back off the bubble for the nonce.

(And KIA, are you saying that Abbott isn't one of the best players Maine has had in years and years..? If so, pass me what you're smoking ! )
                    he is THE best offensive player maine has now... perhaps the worst defenisive forward

he is NOWHERE near as good as Nyquist, nor is he close to Leveille... not close.
                    he is flat footed slow, he cannot pass, he cannot control bouncing pucks and so he should NEVER play the point on the PP
                    he has an accurate cannon and is good stickhandling when he is either set up on the PP, OR he is deking out a terrible defender.

against a good defenseman, one one one, he is no better than shemansky

he has a great shot... in the AHL, he will never get open to take it.

Comment

Flynn will have a longer pro career than Abbott.

Comment

• Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
                        he is THE best offensive player maine has now... perhaps the worst defenisive forward

he is NOWHERE near as good as Nyquist, nor is he close to Leveille... not close.
                        he is flat footed slow, he cannot pass, he cannot control bouncing pucks and so he should NEVER play the point on the PP
                        he has an accurate cannon and is good stickhandling when he is either set up on the PP, OR he is deking out a terrible defender.

against a good defenseman, one one one, he is no better than shemansky

he has a great shot... in the AHL, he will never get open to take it.
                        I personally don't think you could be more wrong. One quick fact for you, when the team did the skills comp last year for fun, he had a faster time tha Gus. And why won't he be able to get his shot off?? He has a very quick release. And yes we know he can't pass, just leading the nation in apples. and you made my day about no better than Shemansky, you should be a stand up comedian, but I'm sure you wouldn't give up you job as a pro scout, considering how well you breakdown players. You should be on the pine, not Timmay, KIA FOR COACH!!!
                        Last edited by Sweeper; 02-11-2012, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Let's jusy say for argument's sake that Maine stays in the top 10 in the PWR. Then Abbott wins the Hobey. I mean....I don't think he's as good as Gus but....its realistic that he's going to the hat trick and IF they make NCAAs he wins.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                          43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                          104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                          3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

• Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                            Let's jusy say for argument's sake that Maine stays in the top 10 in the PWR. Then Abbott wins the Hobey. I mean....I don't think he's as good as Gus but....its realistic that he's going to the hat trick and IF they make NCAAs he wins.
                            I agree, and this to me has never been about comparing him to anyone. I just like to get KIA going because he's having a great year and not gettIng credit. Like leading the nation in assists but being said he cannot pass, that's just crazy.

He def was a later bloomer than Gus, but I think you deserve a lot more credit than he's getting for leading the nation.

Comment

TIMMAY's new strategy: Let the other team score three quick goals, and then rally back to win late. Cause it gives the boys confidence.

And that's all they need to be successful.
                              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Maine won for anyone that cares.

Comment

Working...
                                X