Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UMaine - 2011-2012 Season Thread (cont) - Beating Back the Internuts ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
    I thought John Parker was the only guy to play 60 minutes other than Sully. The Senior captains watched the whole 2nd period.
    The team should be happy they won but disgusted with the way they played. I hope Corkum is running the film session today
    Watch the tape and see who stood still and who completely refused to back check on the two goals agains (their line) in the second

Comment

• Re: UMaine - 2011-2012 Season Thread (cont) - Beating Back the Internuts ?

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
      I could see next year's team being even better too. This is the best freshmen class we have had in quite a long time and I think they are guys who will stick around too.
      Better freshmen than Gus, Flynn, Abbott, Hags, Oneil, Darling?? I think its a landslide, and I hate to say it but I think next year is going to be a very very tuff year. Loosing the top 2 scorer, guys who setup Diamond a lot, I don't see who can step in a replace them. And for Diamond to keep putting the points, he needs setup men. 2 solid D man as well.

I must say early in the season I woulda said no chance, but getting some secondary scoring lately may save them next year.

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
        Watch the tape and see who stood still and who completely refused to back check on the two goals agains (their line) in the second
        1 goal was off the draw, not sure how you back check on a quick shot off the draw.

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
          What do you mean "on the record?"
          Is telling a player and his parents to their face "on the record"
          There is at least on former player who posts here... Anonymously
          Is that on the record? This player also had a sit down with kennedy
          That was on one record
          By on the record I mean a name and a quote. I feel like i've read way too many times how some anonymous expert thinks that timmy is completely incompetent yet we never see someone come out directly and say it.
          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Sweeper View Post
            1 goal was off the draw, not sure how you back check on a quick shot off the draw.
            Timmy was late calling the time out which was waved off by the officials. He should have been screaming timeout from the bench after the weak icing call...........the boys were gassed.......

Comment

So is your TV color guy an all-around incompetent, arrogant boob, or is it just because he didn't take more than two minutes to prepare for discussing UAH? UAH just lost two one-goal games to Duluth, which he knew, but when UAH was up 3-0, he admitted that he had no clue if Duluth had come from behind to beat the Chargers. They came back from one goal down in the second on Saturday night. He knew the will-they/won't-they about the program, but that's [i]de rigueur[/url].

But what I loved was this: "You can't expect any quality hockey program to go to Alabama for a non-league game".

Teams who have visited UAH since becoming an independent: Ferris, Providence, Robert Morris, RPI, Bemidji State, Merrimack [in Nashville], Lake State, Bowling Green, Air Force, Ohio State, Nebraska-Omaha [in Nashville], Mercyhurst. It's not a Hockey East schedule, but there are two Hockey East teams on that list. It's not like it's AIC, Sacred Heart, Canisius, and Army coming down here every home weekend.

And yes, I'm irritated and bringing this up because our guys blew a three-goal lead. I hear that the radio guys were nice and reasonably well-informed. I'm aware that y'all may not watch the TV much because you're actually at the games.

GFM <-- tweeted an invitation for the color guy to attempt self-impregnation. A minute later, it's 2-0.
              Last edited by gfmorris; 02-04-2012, 05:18 PM.
              Geof F. Morris
              UAH BSE MAE 2002
              UAHHockey.com

Comment

Can someone get a thread going for tonight's 7 pm game on Score Updates, Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                  But what I loved was this: "You can't expect any quality hockey program to go to Alabama for a non-league game"
                  I'm not sure we meet the criteria of a quality hockey program anymore. So there's that.

Comment

So is your TV color guy an all-around incompetent, arrogant boob, or is it just because he didn't take more than two minutes to prepare for discussing UAH? UAH just lost two one-goal games to Duluth, which he knew, but when UAH was up 3-0, he admitted that he had no clue if Duluth had come from behind to beat the Chargers. They came back from one goal down in the second on Saturday night. He knew the will-they/won't-they about the program, but that's [i]de rigueur[/url].

But what I loved was this: "You can't expect any quality hockey program to go to Alabama for a non-league game".

Teams who have visited UAH since becoming an independent: Ferris, Providence, Robert Morris, RPI, Bemidji State, Merrimack [in Nashville], Lake State, Bowling Green, Air Force, Ohio State, Nebraska-Omaha [in Nashville], Mercyhurst. It's not a Hockey East schedule, but there are two Hockey East teams on that list. It's not like it's AIC, Sacred Heart, Canisius, and Army coming down here every home weekend.

And yes, I'm irritated and bringing this up because our guys blew a three-goal lead. I hear that the radio guys were nice and reasonably well-informed. I'm aware that y'all may not watch the TV much because you're actually at the games.

GFM <-- tweeted an invitation for the color guy to attempt self-impregnation. A minute later, it's 2-0.
                    Self impregnation... ROTFLMAO. I like that. Good one!
                    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

yes. a boob is a great way to describe Tuell. (pronounced tool-go figure) most fans I know that don't go to the games, will turn down the volume on the tele and listen to the radio guys. Hannigan is really good play-by-play guy, and Lar, the color guy, is...well...better than Tuell. Tuell btw, is a former Hockey East linesman. He has some general hockey knowledge, but pizz poor delivery.

Comment

A little history for ya champ. Long ago when UAH was trying to schedule some quality teams it was Walsh who scheduled you guys when others wouldnt in an attempt to jump start your program. So no need to bemoan the Maine program . We've done our fair share to help you guys get started, much less survive to this point.
                        Last edited by acs64; 02-04-2012, 07:51 PM.
                        I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Tonights game a wee bit different, Flynn played a heck of a game, quite physical, couple nice hits, the goal was a thing of beauty, he was almost in the crease when he lifted it over the goalies shoulder all the while dragging a Dman with him. Once again Parker was all over the ice. The swedes looked real rusty. Sully wasn't tested much. I thought Anthoine scored Mangenes goal but... Pretty boring game, UAH was outclassed tonight. I'd take their goalie other than that, didn't see much.
                          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

So after all the excitement of going whatever wins and losses since Nov, Maine is now in 5th in HE. Gonna be tough to finish any higher than that as far as I can see
                            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                              So after all the excitement of going whatever wins and losses since Nov, Maine is now in 5th in HE. Gonna be tough to finish any higher than that as far as I can see

Good chance for 4th with Merrimack and Lowell having to play each other 3 times still.
                              When you say Tim Whitehead, You haven't said much!!!

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                                Seriously??? Have you taken a look at Lowell and Merrimack's upcoming schedule?

Comment

Working...
                                X