Minnesota Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    That's pretty much what I've outlined, depending on whether years 2 and 4 are the same or only involve 1 trip to Mariucci.
    That could work. In the end, not sure the UMN will commit 2 non-con road games on a yearly basis to in-state. I hope they do.
    @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
    On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
    High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

• Re: Minnesota Cup

If Gingrich wins maybe we could play this tournament on the moon. Neutral enough?
      the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
        If Gingrich wins maybe we could play this tournament on the moon. Neutral enough?
        Neutral enough would have the tournament rotate between the five schools. Logistics would be horrendous, but then it would be neutral for all parties.
        "In heaven there is no beer. NO BEER! That's why we drink it here. RIGHT HERE!"

Comment

A lot of negative people out there on this one.

This thing is going to happen. When it does, I think many will change their tune. I look forward to it.

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
            Depends, will it have an Olympic sheet or NHL? How will the seating be distributed?

Comment

• Originally posted by dogs2012 View Post
              Neutral enough would have the tournament rotate between the five schools. Logistics would be horrendous, but then it would be neutral for all parties.
              The Gophers are using two of their 20 school mandated home games for this tournament. They won't use them to play at a smaller venue than Mariucci.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronzebacks View Post
                A lot of negative people out there on this one.

This thing is going to happen. When it does, I think many will change their tune. I look forward to it.
                Come one Bronze, you know people gotta find something to blame the Gophers for.
                "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Random thought. I do think it will take a few years of good games and some buzz for this tournament to build. I don't think it will be as bad as the "Minnesota College Hockey Showcase". I look forward to having a Beanpot style tournament in the far west.
                  tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
                    The Gophers are using two of their 20 school mandated home games for this tournament. They won't use them to play at a smaller venue than Mariucci.
                    With games at the X, I would expect U of MN would include these games as part of season ticket package - so expect 8-10k sold for each day just from their sales.

Comment

Originally posted by Bale View Post
                      OK, I'm sorry, but get off of your high horse. They supposedly had a handshake deal to do home-and-homes for an indefinite period of time and lasted one rotation of home games given up. Local businesses got upset because they weren't benefiting from the civic center that was put up by local money (not state) and had to end the home-and-homes. Meanwhile, SCSU announces to the world that they are not going turn their back on MSU and the rest of the WCHA and are going to be a "leader" for the rest of the conference and then pull out "for the good of their school". I'm sorry, but SCSU in no way shape or form claim the high ground and that you are "classy". That was an agreement on a much larger scale than a single home game once a year.
                      I don't think the SCSU admin is classy either. In fact I think the AD and President are morons. At least I can admit it......
                      I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                        Come one Bronze, you know people gotta find something to blame the Gophers for.
                        I don't blame the Gophers for anything. My whole problem is if every team can't be in this thing every year it will be lame. Then it is only a special event for the Gophers, not the other teams involved. If it was a beanpot type event where every team played every year and every team got X amount of seats it would be cool. We all know it won't end up that way so the other four teams fans lose out. I know the schools make money and that is all they care about, but it doesn't make it right.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                          Random thought. I do think it will take a few years of good games and some buzz for this tournament to build. I don't think it will be as bad as the "Minnesota College Hockey Showcase". I look forward to having a Beanpot style tournament in the far west.
                          How do you propose they make it a beanpot style tourney with 5 teams.

In Bob we Trust!

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
                            How do you propose they make it a beanpot style tourney with 5 teams.
                            Cut Bemidji State.

EDIT: or wait until MSU folds
                            Last edited by Biddco; 02-01-2012, 05:37 PM.
                            tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

• Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
                              I don't blame the Gophers for anything. My whole problem is if every team can't be in this thing every year it will be lame. Then it is only a special event for the Gophers, not the other teams involved. If it was a beanpot type event where every team played every year and every team got X amount of seats it would be cool. We all know it won't end up that way so the other four teams fans lose out. I know the schools make money and that is all they care about, but it doesn't make it right.
                              Maybe if Moorhead adds a D1 program it will be possible to include all the teams. The teams that made the championship game the previous year would have a bye in the first round. This is just the start and I believe they are doing the best they can.

Comment

Cut Minnesota
                                Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                                when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Working...
                                X