Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NMU at Miami: It's Like Looking In The Mirror...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NMU at Miami: It's Like Looking In The Mirror...

So Miami sucked in Oct and Nov., started getting things together in Dec. and Jan., and will probably make a push in Feb. and March... Where have I seen this story before

Obvious PairWise implications on both sides... I'd take 3 points on the weekend...

K GO!
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Re: NMU at Miami: It's Like Looking In The Mirror...

Hey now, we didnt suck in november! Just october and the first weekend of december . Looking forward to some payback hopefully

Comment

Question to NMU fans:

Is Goofus coming down to Oxford this year?
      Most everyone appreciates his passion & would like to see him.

Comment

Both teams could use a sweep, but I think a split is most likely to happen. Should be a fun series, Go Cats!
        NMU

Comment

I really don't know what happened in our series in the UP. Miami brought an eight-game unbeaten streak into the game and had just won the Denver Cup. NMU was missing a bunch of guys during the Friday game, played forwards at defense and shut down the RedHawks with a great team effort. Then, on Saturday, it was just a hot mess. Miami penalties (14 of them) and poor goaltending which had been our hallmark during October crept back into play. That said, obviously Miami is playing much better now. Limiting penalties and Connor Knapp has seized control of the crease. They're getting scoring from multiple lines and Reilly Smith has it going. I think Miami should sweep the series but I'd also call split. Walt and the boys play hard and always play Miami tough.
          http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

Try not to skate on any of our Tri-Captians' necks this time will ya? It's bad form :P

I think Knapp comes back down to earth for at least one of the games, which means you may score 2 goals. Bwhuahaha.

Can we talk about Dane's chicken again??

Serious portion of the post: Should be a good series.
            Last edited by MUhawks628; 01-25-2012, 11:17 AM.

Comment

I'm relishing the fact that this NMU team is getting very little respect. So what if we are currently sitting in 9th in the CCHA when we are also in a 3-way tie for 6th in The Pairwise Rankings. Wasn't until recently that we again cracked the USCHO Top 20. The same cannot be said for the idiots at INCH and USA Today.

Outside of two very ****ty weekends at Western and tOSU (both sweeps), NMU has been quite consistant in their play. Swept Tech, Swept Miami, took 4 points from Michigan, Swept St. Cloud, split at Wisconsin are some of the highlights along with 2 home ties against Notre Dame.

NMU competed nicely at MSU two weeks ago (even while garnering 1 point). Also winning in a very hostile environment at Tech on Saturday no doubt has this team playing with more confidence on the road.

This weekend will be exciting and a better gauge for where both teams finish. With Ferris St., Michigan, Bowling Green and LSSU in the weeks to come it will be a very exciting finish.

Comment

Originally posted by MOJO View Post
                So what if we are currently sitting in 9th in the CCHA when we are also in a 3-way tie for 6th in The Pairwise Rankings.
                Clear indication that we shouldn't be watching the pairwise yet, right?

As 95 alluded to, after the beating Northern put on us in that Saturday game, I doubt any of our players are looking beyond this series. The one high note of that weekend was our atheletic department intern completley loosing it on twitter, @MiamiIceHockey was as much a trainwreck as what happened on our end of the ice.

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                  Clear indication that we shouldn't be watching the pairwise yet, right?

As 95 alluded to, after the beating Northern put on us in that Saturday game, I doubt any of our players are looking beyond this series. The one high note of that weekend was our atheletic department intern completley loosing it on twitter, @MiamiIceHockey was as much a trainwreck as what happened on our end of the ice.
                  This is the part that worries me... Back in December, y'all were having the penalty box parade... If that happens to us this time around, it won't be pretty... If the Redhawks come out and show up, NMU could get frustrated early and start taking dumb penalties
                  It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

I'd like to see how the Wildcats treat the rest of this season. Lots of "Team Building" and support throughout this season, and now with Cherny's Father's passing... I hope the 'Cats can continue to win for Cherny. Win for all the adversity this team has gone through this season.

While Miami may be playing the role of NMU, I'd like to see NMU play the role of Miami (who has been hit with plenty of similar character trait building examples over the last few years) and make a long run.

Let's win the everything for Cherny's father.
                    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Just an fyi for any Northern fans thinking about buying the games this weekend. Both are on a TV station in Ohio that our All-Access feed picks up. While the production value leaves a bit to be desired, there will be replays, multiple angles, ect.

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                        Just an fyi for any Northern fans thinking about buying the games this weekend. Both are on a TV station in Ohio that our All-Access feed picks up. While the production value leaves a bit to be desired, there will be replays, multiple angles, ect.
                        What are you talking about? The Ohio News Network rocks!

Well, not really...
                        http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

Working...
                        X