X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPI 2011-12 Part V: Don't Stop Believing

Let's try again.
    "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Re: RPI 2011-12 Part V: Don't Stop Believing

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
    How do I change it to V? Ralph, FD, help!!!!
    You can't count! You can't count!

Bench minor - 2:00 - too many roman numerals on the ice.

Comment

previous thread
      http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...son-yet-Go-Red!!
      "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Good job, Aspy.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I spelled the title wrong. I'm leaving it.

Comment

Or you could delete it
            Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

So this is the new thread. We should fill this one easily before the playoffs-where we ARE going to surprise a lot of people. Troyboy on the last thread mentioned this coming weekend is all about goaltending. Normally I might agree. But after all the years of watching us play the North Country teams-often times it has not been the case. There are so many instances of the team that comes out strong and wins the first period-just ends up getting beaten badly. I think this weekend may well end up being all about the preparation and the coaching. Whoever can make the changes necessary between periods and have the ability to adapt to what is going on out there and how the refs are calling the game will win. It would surprise me if either game is a blowout either way. As has been said-we can win these games. But more importantly-we have to feel we MUST win these games. Getting ona winning streak for the next few home games and we can still find ourselves in the middle of the ECAC pack. Positioning for the playoffs may have not seemed important a couple weeks ago for us-after all we were so far behind every9one. But now it ic conceivable to move up several slots which could end up making a big difference. Maybe i am truly losing it, or maybe the medication is kicking in-but I still expect to see our boys here in AC this year. I felt this way before the season and even though we have piled up 8 conferences losses, I still feel we can turn this around. We lost a couple of very possible points in conference this year (should have gotten a tie at QU and Princeton and held on for a win from Harvard at home) and those 3 extra points are looming large right now. In no way am I saying we have righted the ship yet-but we have not abandoned it either and we are bailing like heck to save it. We have only 6 wins total-but that is still double what we had my last year at RPI.
              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

This is crazy. Just got back from spending 5 days with my grandson in Disney World, and we have a new thread and we took the weekend.
                Go red!!!!!
                Now I have a whole lot of reading to catch up on.
                Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                Benjamin Franklin
                The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                  This is crazy. Just got back from spending 5 days with my grandson in Disney World, and we have a new thread and we took the weekend.
                  Go red!!!!!
                  Now I have a whole lot of reading to catch up on.
                  If it means we would sweep another weekend-Go spend another weekend away with your grandson. If it were summertime i would take you all to great Adventure Six Flags here in NJ.

Comment

Not directly RPI related-but there has not been an ECAC player who has scored 30 or more goals in a season in almost 13 years. Colgate's senior Austin Smith i believe is up to 24 already and we get to face him twice in the next 2 months. This is quite an achievement-and i hope when the time comes, we are fully prepared to slow him down.
                    Last edited by DrDemento; 01-22-2012, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                      Not directly RPI realted-but there has not been an ECAC player who has scored 30 or more goals in a season in almost 13 years. Colgate's senior Austin Smith i believe is up to 24 already and we get to face him twice in the next 2 months. This is quite an achievement-and i hope when the time comes, we are fully prepared to slow him down.
                      I wonder who the last one was.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

You ment to write "Don't Stop Leaving"?
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                          I wonder who the last one was.
                          And he did it without one single empty net goal. I would guess he might have had more if he did not spend so much time in the penalty box feeling shame. Or being sat down for showboating a bit by riding the stick.

Comment

No empty netters? But some tip-ins and tap-ins I'm sure.

Big weekend coming up!
                            Here we come!

Comment

Originally posted by fr joe View Post
                              No empty netters? But some tip-ins and tap-ins I'm sure.

Big weekend coming up!
                              Not one empty netter-lots of close in shots, a few breakaways, a great penalty shot against BU in the Pepsi Arena in Albany (at least I think it was called that then), a hat trick on the road against UNH and a plethora of bad tempered penalties(virtually all well deserved). I only hope SA can find a bunch like that every year.

Comment

Working...
                              X