PDA

View Full Version : RPI 2011-12 Part V: Don't Stop Believing

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

AspyDad
01-22-2012, 01:06 PM
Let's try again.

HighlanderRPI
01-22-2012, 01:07 PM
How do I change it to V? Ralph, FD, help!!!!

You can't count! You can't count!

Bench minor - 2:00 - too many roman numerals on the ice. :D

AspyDad
01-22-2012, 01:07 PM
previous thread
http://board.uscho.com/showthread.php?98271-RPI-2011-12-Part-IV-We-ain-t-Bailen-on-this-season-yet-Go-Red!!

Ralph Baer
01-22-2012, 01:08 PM
Good job, Aspy.

AspyDad
01-22-2012, 01:13 PM
I spelled the title wrong. I'm leaving it.

burgie12
01-22-2012, 01:18 PM
Or you could delete it

DrDemento
01-22-2012, 01:29 PM
So this is the new thread. We should fill this one easily before the playoffs-where we ARE going to surprise a lot of people. Troyboy on the last thread mentioned this coming weekend is all about goaltending. Normally I might agree. But after all the years of watching us play the North Country teams-often times it has not been the case. There are so many instances of the team that comes out strong and wins the first period-just ends up getting beaten badly. I think this weekend may well end up being all about the preparation and the coaching. Whoever can make the changes necessary between periods and have the ability to adapt to what is going on out there and how the refs are calling the game will win. It would surprise me if either game is a blowout either way. As has been said-we can win these games. But more importantly-we have to feel we MUST win these games. Getting ona winning streak for the next few home games and we can still find ourselves in the middle of the ECAC pack. Positioning for the playoffs may have not seemed important a couple weeks ago for us-after all we were so far behind every9one. But now it ic conceivable to move up several slots which could end up making a big difference. Maybe i am truly losing it, or maybe the medication is kicking in-but I still expect to see our boys here in AC this year. I felt this way before the season and even though we have piled up 8 conferences losses, I still feel we can turn this around. We lost a couple of very possible points in conference this year (should have gotten a tie at QU and Princeton and held on for a win from Harvard at home) and those 3 extra points are looming large right now. In no way am I saying we have righted the ship yet-but we have not abandoned it either and we are bailing like heck to save it. We have only 6 wins total-but that is still double what we had my last year at RPI.

engineerhockeyfan
01-22-2012, 01:53 PM
This is crazy. Just got back from spending 5 days with my grandson in Disney World, and we have a new thread and we took the weekend.
Go red!!!!!
Now I have a whole lot of reading to catch up on. :D:eek::)

DrDemento
01-22-2012, 02:44 PM
This is crazy. Just got back from spending 5 days with my grandson in Disney World, and we have a new thread and we took the weekend.
Go red!!!!!
Now I have a whole lot of reading to catch up on. :D:eek::)

If it means we would sweep another weekend-Go spend another weekend away with your grandson. If it were summertime i would take you all to great Adventure Six Flags here in NJ.:)

DrDemento
01-22-2012, 03:04 PM
Not directly RPI related-but there has not been an ECAC player who has scored 30 or more goals in a season in almost 13 years. Colgate's senior Austin Smith i believe is up to 24 already and we get to face him twice in the next 2 months. This is quite an achievement-and i hope when the time comes, we are fully prepared to slow him down.

Ralph Baer
01-22-2012, 03:12 PM
Not directly RPI realted-but there has not been an ECAC player who has scored 30 or more goals in a season in almost 13 years. Colgate's senior Austin Smith i believe is up to 24 already and we get to face him twice in the next 2 months. This is quite an achievement-and i hope when the time comes, we are fully prepared to slow him down.

I wonder who the last one was. ;)

Ralph Baer
01-22-2012, 03:27 PM

You ment to write "Don't Stop Leaving"? ;)

DrDemento
01-22-2012, 03:38 PM
I wonder who the last one was. ;)

And he did it without one single empty net goal. I would guess he might have had more if he did not spend so much time in the penalty box feeling shame.;) Or being sat down for showboating a bit by riding the stick.

fr joe
01-22-2012, 08:58 PM
No empty netters? But some tip-ins and tap-ins I'm sure. :rolleyes:

Big weekend coming up! :)

DrDemento
01-23-2012, 07:15 AM
No empty netters? But some tip-ins and tap-ins I'm sure. :rolleyes:

Big weekend coming up! :)

Not one empty netter-lots of close in shots, a few breakaways, a great penalty shot against BU in the Pepsi Arena in Albany (at least I think it was called that then), a hat trick on the road against UNH and a plethora of bad tempered penalties(virtually all well deserved). I only hope SA can find a bunch like that every year.

Wicked Slappaahs
01-23-2012, 04:19 PM
Not directly RPI related-but there has not been an ECAC player who has scored 30 or more goals in a season in almost 13 years. Colgate's senior Austin Smith i believe is up to 24 already and we get to face him twice in the next 2 months. This is quite an achievement-and i hope when the time comes, we are fully prepared to slow him down.

Smith is indeed a sniper...thankfully for the rest of the league, this is his swansong season. With a home and home with Cornell this weekend, he may need a few more weeks to hit 30.

FlagDUDE08
01-23-2012, 04:31 PM
AspyDad's favorite beat writer gives Merriam Goalie of the Week: https://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs/schott/2012/jan/23/college-hockey-slap-schotts-2011-12-week-15-a-good/

Senna
01-23-2012, 04:45 PM
Lot I could write about, but going to just say that it sounds like the team is sticking together and working hard and fighting back against all of the advserity (the record, illnesses, injuries, etc.) this season and finally being rewarded for it. I am really looking forward to this weekend and being home and supporting the team (and seeing some of the posters and parents) !!

FlagDUDE08
01-23-2012, 04:48 PM
Lot I could write about, but going to just say that it sounds like the team is sticking together and working hard and fighting back against all of the advserity (the record, illnesses, injuries, etc.) this season and finally being rewarded for it. I am really looking forward to this weekend and being home and supporting the team (and seeing some of the posters and parents) !!

Sadly, the only time you'll probably see me (this season) is if you go to either Colgate or Cornell (away).

DrDemento
01-23-2012, 04:55 PM
Smith is indeed a sniper...thankfully for the rest of the league, this is his swansong season. With a home and home with Cornell this weekend, he may need a few more weeks to hit 30.

WS-It really says a lot about him though that he is a real threat to score 30+ when it has just been so difficult to do in the past 12 years. I have not seen him play at all but it sure seems like he just blossomed this year. I hope we are ready for him and coach SA has a defensive plan to deal with him and his line.