Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
    A little?
    I was a bit bored today.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• Re: RPI 2011-12 Part V: Don't Stop Believing

A little?
      I had often wondered if the DrD whom I often receive emails from, is the same one who posts here because his emails are typically much longer than his posts. They have however a similar percentage of spelling errors. I guess that this shows that they are the same person.
      Last edited by Ralph Baer; 02-10-2012, 05:24 PM. Reason: Somehow a sentence disappeared. ;eek:
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
        Good to have you back contributing regularly, WS.
        Thanks. I've ended my self-imposed exhile.
        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          I had often wondered if the DrD whom I often receive emails from, is the same one who posts here because his emails are typically much longer than his posts. I guess that this shows that they are the same person.
          I smell a ghost writer.
          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

I smell a ghost writer.
            No, they have the same percentage of spelling errors.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
              Should be on Mount Rushmore.
              I guess you'll have to just settle for on your footie pajamas!

Ah... how I long for the days when the conservatives were principled and pragmatic. Didn't realize it at the time but things started downhill when GHWB left office in 1992 and then disappeared about when William F. Buckley passed. Sort of mirrors the fortunes of our hockey team.

AD... we need you to hold a seance to bring back the spirit of the Gipper. And then maybe the 21st century versions of Oates and Carter will appear in Troy!

Comment

I had often wondered if the DrD whom I often receive emails from, is the same one who posts here because his emails are typically much longer than his posts. I guess that this shows that they are the same person.
                Nope-Just a case of DrD and Mr. Hyde.

Comment

No, they have the same percentage of spelling errors.
                  I did not know ther would be any Math/Music/Spelling on this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                    Nope-Just a case of DrD and Mr. Hyde.
                    that's a good one! Maybe you want to check out the "really terrible puns vol 1" thread in the cafe! I hope it reaches 1,000 posts because I have a great one in store for the first post in the second volume if it ever gets that far.
                    "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                      that's a good one! Maybe you want to check out the "really terrible puns vol 1" thread in the cafe! I hope it reaches 1,000 posts because I have a great one in store for the first post in the second volume if it ever gets that far.
                      I find there are some incredibly good things to read on this board. We really have a bright group of posters. I don't always agree with their opinions and politics, but I must say they are for the most part fun and interesting.

Comment

I just got around to reading the WAP editorial for which a link was posted earlier today.

I heartily agree that booing the opponents' alma mater is over the line. Way over the line.

Unfortunately, this sort of thing isn't entirely new, nor has it been entirely confined to college sports.

My Uncle Jack once told me a story of what happened when he attended the New York Mets' 1969 home opener.

That day, the Mets faced the Montreal Expos, playing the first game in their franchise's history. The mayor of Montreal made a trip to Shea Stadium for the occasion.

When Jane Jarvis struck up "O Canada" on the organ, some of the midget minds in attendance started to boo.

Jack was seated in a position where he could see the mayor of Montreal's face. Understandably, the man was visibly furious.

Jack said he wanted to sink through the floor. Being unable to do that, all he could do was sit there and think "I want no part of this."

I hope that I will never attend a game at the Field House and have my fellow RPI fans do something that will make me want to sink through the floor.

Incidentally, if those Met fans thought that booing the Canadian anthem would either inspire the Mets or intimidate the Expos, they were mistaken. The record shows that the world-champion-to-be Mets lost to the expansion Expos that afternoon, 11-10.

Comment

perhaps the above post is why the Canadians boo everything American at the World Juniors...including the few who boo the US anthem
                          Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

I was at the womens game tonight...RPI's 1st goal was almost the exact play that Smith scored on last week. Puck hit the Zamboni doors as the Harvard goalie went behind the net to play the puck....only the puck angled back out to the center where the RPI player slapped it into an empty net. Strange to see it twice in 1 week. Perhaps some maintenance is due?
                            Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

I see a CJ Hanafin was a referee in the SLU QPac game. Anybody we know?
                              I guess Harvard did not have any backcheckers either.

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
                                No game is bigger than any other is a pile of PR hogwash. Sometimes Seth comes across as Billy Mays, only still breathing. There's no reason to pitch everything. Acknowledge the obvious sometimes: not all games are created equal. A non-conference against AIU doesn't quite stand up to BRF against Colgate. To say they are equal is to pretend that rivalries don't exist. Silly!
                                I took what coach said entirely different....what I think he was saying is that you can't play different(approach the game) depending on the importance of the game...the way you play every game should be the same and with the same intensity every time...I believe what he is trying to relay to the players is that your mind set needs to be the same for all games not to high and not to low but purposeful... that way you don't get cought in a honey trap against teams you shoud beat and on the flip side you don't start gripping the stick too tight in clutch situations...We must all remember SA was around for a few championships in Denver and understands the mindset of a championship team better than any of us...I concur w/everything he said...Obviously some games are bigger than others but they must be executed and played out the same way as any other game big or small...remember its not a matter of big game/small game....rival/non rival...important/not important...its always comes down your perfomance in THAT game that determines the outcome..that is something that is not easy to turn on and off...its much less complicated when you worry more about how you play in the game than the game itself...People always say Michael Jordon took it to a different level in the playoffs...heres a news flash Mike took it to a different level EVERY game...he did it the same every time...just some times it mattered more than others...he played every game b-lls to the wall that was why he was so successful...didn't matter whether the bright lights were on or not he emptied the tank...I belive that is were SA is trying to take this program.
                                What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X