Lowell @ Providence - 1/24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell @ Providence - 1/24

Two teams, close in the standings, who had very different weekends.

Can Lowell make it three in a row or will they continue to struggle on the road? How will PC bounce back from a horrific weekend? Will either team have their legs playing a third game in five days?

Discuss
    Lowell Forever
    Forever Lowell

Re: Lowell @ Providence - 1/24

I'm annoyed that Maine is in front of us in the standings... Games in hand and all that, I know. This needs to be corrected.
    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
    Skating Friar Jersey
    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

4 games in hand at this point in the season is absurd. Tuesday could pull even with 3 in hand if the boys take care of business against what is sure to be a fiery PC team. Lowell hasn't been impressive on the road lately, and they've always had a tough time at Schnider. I'll be making the trip, hope it's a good game.
      Lowell Forever
      Forever Lowell

Comment

I will also be making the trip down Tuesday. I think a complete thrashing of PC is in the cards.

Comment

Just hope they don't play down to their competition...

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
            Just hope they don't play down to their competition...
            Lowell? Do that? Don't be absurd.
            Gary

www.umlhockey.com
            Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
            "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
            KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

This scheduling is tough right now, but both teams are in the same situation, third game in five days ... so that at least makes it a bit more even. Huge game tomorrow night for the boys.

After seeing the highlights, sounded like there was a good Lowell traveling contingent as well.
              Last edited by UMLFan; 01-23-2012, 06:48 AM.
              Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
              2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
              2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
              2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
              2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Let's hope the River Hawks can change some recent history as "The Coffin" really has lived up to its name for UML wins in the past many years. ScottK and I looked it up last night as I did not have my media guide handy.

Last UML Win at PVD: 4-3 (F/OT) on 15 Jan 2006
                Last UML Regulation Win at PVD: 2-0 on 13 Feb 2005

Ironically, both of these games were played on Sundays.
                - John

2013, 2014, 2017: UML Hockey: Hockey East Champions!

Comment

Being a neutral observer in this, i did notice UML quite winded in the 3rd on Sat. That gm took a lot out of your team. Least you got something out of it at the end.

I have not seen the Friars lately, nor sure how much effort they put forth in their wknd.. but i have to say.. if UML were to swing this.. they would be a legitimate contender for the Garden this season (might be already) . The Tuesday gm is a classic trap game & i think the Friars will take full advantage of that. They are going to use the gm to somehow springboard their recent fortunes. Gluck to you guys.. should be a close matchup.
                  GO NU HOCKEY
                  Always bullish on the future.
                  We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

For those of you that get it, tonight's game will apparently be on Cox.
                    Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                      For those of you that get it, tonight's game will apparently be on Cox.
                      Looks like they have an online live stream as well: http://coxsportsonline.com/
                      Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                      "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                        Looks like they have an online live stream as well: http://coxsportsonline.com/
                        Great!
                        Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                        Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                        "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                        KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Classic trap game or not, I see UML winning this one somewhat easily. Something like 4-2 or 5-2.

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
                            Classic trap game or not, I see UML winning this one somewhat easily. Something like 4-2 or 5-2.
                            Lowell has broken a couple of long streaks on the road this year (sweeping Maine, winning at UNH) ... this would be a good one to add to the list.

Either way, important game for the Hawks ...
                            Monty

Comment

Anybody know good places to grab a beer/bite to eat before the game?

Comment

Working...
                              X