NCAA Scalping Tix for Frozen 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Scalping Tix for Frozen 4

Just got an e-mail from a company called Primeticket the Official Ticket Exchange for the NCAA complete with the NCAA logo......they are asking almost double what my tix cost me for the same seats on the opposite side of the ice.....I thought the NCAA looked down on this type of transactions, maybe they do unless they are getting the money......anyone else get this and did anyone sell to this outfit

Re: NCAA Scalping Tix for Frozen 4

Originally posted by satyking View Post
    Just got an e-mail from a company called Primeticket the Official Ticket Exchange for the NCAA complete with the NCAA logo......they are asking almost double what my tix cost me for the same seats on the opposite side of the ice.....I thought the NCAA looked down on this type of transactions, maybe they do unless they are getting the money......anyone else get this and did anyone sell to this outfit
    Check your computer for keyloggers, worms, and anything like that. I wouldn't be surprised if that was a phishing attack, as "Prime Ticket" is a TV network, while "PrimeTickets" is a ticket outlet.

Comment

I think the title of this thread is hostile and abusive with the mention of "scalping."

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
        I think the title of this thread is hostile and abusive with the mention of "scalping."
        beat me to it.

Comment

Just what do either of you call selling $390 tickets for $596 and yes it should be PrimeticketS as if it really matters it is still scalping and is being done by the NCAA

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
            Better hide the thread from uaafanblogjackhole
            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Just what do either of you call selling $390 tickets for $596 and yes it should be PrimeticketS as if it really matters it is still scalping and is being done by the NCAA
              That's not almost double, it's barely over a 3:2 ratio.

You're sure the site is run by the NCAA? They probably distribute a large number of NCAA tickets, so they think they're all NCAA...

Comment

I got the email also. It came from: mensfrozenfour@ncaa.org
                Here's a link to the online version of the email.
                Clicky
                'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                  I got the email also. It came from:
                  Here's a link to the online version of the email.
                  Clicky
                  they just have an operating agreement with primetickets, much like MLB has an agreement with the other fighting scalper site: stubhub. I think it's ridiculous for these sports entities to be supporting illegal/immoral ticket sales, but there's no real course of action beyond boycotting them.

r

Comment

If those who have patronized this site for many years remember when there was a section we could buy and sell tickets to any game, the major rule was FACE value only......now the NCAA is inflating the ticket prices and it is not the right thing to do. If they are stuck with extra tickets then let the company try to sell them do so at FACE value and take the hit for moving a good tourney all over and to dumb venues. Bring back the seperate admissions for the Thursday games allowing us to go and eat at real restaurants and relax before returning to the rink for game 2. Its time the NCAA thought about us the fans who are supporting these programs and have been there for many years.

Comment

Satyking -

Yes I think it is scalping too. Shame on the NCAA for scalping and shame on them for changing the term "Final 4" to Basketball only so they could trademark it and make money selling basketball stuff.

Those who are commenting about the word "scalper" are doing so as a joke as a user named UAAFANTROLL or something like that is on a prolonged rant on another thread concerning the use of names involving Native American/First Nations terminology.

Comment

If those who have patronized this site for many years remember when there was a section we could buy and sell tickets to any game, the major rule was FACE value only......now the NCAA is inflating the ticket prices and it is not the right thing to do.
                        Do you mean this one? http://board.uscho.com/forumdisplay....ets-and-Events

Comment

It would be pretty lame for the NCAA to shill scalped tickets at an event that is not even sold out yet. I just checked ticketmaster for and was offered a pair in 319. Tickets left folks.
                          Last edited by LTsatch; 01-17-2012, 09:04 PM.
                          YALE HOCKEY
                          2013 National Champions

Comment

There's a lot wrong with the NCAA in a lot of areas and their recent meeting to try and correct things I feel was just window dressing. What began as a good thing has transformed into a multi-million dollar corporation that doesn't seem non-profit to me and I don't for a second believe they'll really change.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                              There's a lot wrong with the NCAA in a lot of areas and their recent meeting to try and correct things I feel was just window dressing. What began as a good thing has transformed into a multi-million dollar corporation that doesn't seem non-profit to me and I don't for a second believe they'll really change.
                              All they have to do is start selling beer and wine at their events and we would all be happy!
                              YALE HOCKEY
                              2013 National Champions

Comment

Working...
                              X