PDA

View Full Version : UAA VS Wisconsin Jan 20-21 Desperation weekend

Pages : [1] 2 3

seawolfpunk
01-16-2012, 12:36 AM
both teams having somewhat dissapointing seasons this year, UAA coming off being swept by tech, while UW split with MSUM

sounds like the suicide rate will skyrocket in the whole state of wisconsin after the packer loss today.

thoughts on the weekend, i'd like a split.

ExileOnDaytonStreet
01-16-2012, 07:22 AM
The way the Badgers have been playing this year, you can't expect a sweep. But I do know that they desperately need one (and several more to finish out the year) if they plan on making something of this season.

Whether that happens depends on whether you see the team that skated well against and took victories from Minny, UMD, and other top teams this year, or if you see the team that lost 3-0 to Minnesota State instead.

Timothy A
01-16-2012, 12:19 PM
I can live with whatever results happen, unless UAA scores a game deciding goal on some sort of "Hail Mary" shot from the redline or beyond. :(

UW's gotta sweep or home ice is ovah.

I was rather encouraged by UW's play last weekend. Their offensive pressure was more consistant and they only allowed 2 goals all weekend.

So what's the deal with UAA's leading scorer leaving.....what kind of depth do they have at F?

seawolffan
01-16-2012, 02:43 PM
Mickey Spencer leaving honestly isn't that big of a deal, 4 of his 7 goals were scored on opening weekend. Although our current leading scorer (Kwas) is suspended, and our top goalie (Gunderson) is suspended as well. Both are for academic reasons.

UAA has played awful defense lately, and the scoring isn't exactly plentiful. I'd expect a split, with UAA winning Friday and UW winning Saturday.

Chuck Schwartz
01-16-2012, 05:36 PM
It's a sweep or bust weekend. Simple as that.

MadCityRich
01-16-2012, 05:42 PM
It's a sweep or bust weekend. Simple as that. You beat me to it.

uaafanblog
01-16-2012, 07:39 PM
Although our current leading scorer (Kwas) is suspended, and our top goalie (Gunderson) is suspended as well. Both are for academic reasons.

Gunderson is categorically NOT ineligible nor suspended for academic reasons. I cannot speak to Kwas' situation with any authority but on Gunderson there is NO academic issue.

Chuck Schwartz
01-16-2012, 08:18 PM
Gunderson is categorically NOT ineligible nor suspended for academic reasons. I cannot speak to Kwas' situation with any authority but on Gunderson there is NO academic issue.

But neither one of them will be playing this weekend?

seawolffan
01-16-2012, 10:22 PM

I swear I saw that in the paper...did he become eligible this week or something?

http://www.adn.com/2012/01/13/2262763/short-handed-seawolves-fall-to.html

uaafanblog
01-17-2012, 09:53 AM
I swear I saw that in the paper...did he become eligible this week or something?

http://www.adn.com/2012/01/13/2262763/short-handed-seawolves-fall-to.html
The paper is wrong. Rob Gunderson is not academically ineligible.

Chuck Schwartz
01-17-2012, 10:07 AM
The paper is wrong. Rob Gunderson is not academically ineligible.

So let me get this straight.

-Gunderson is available this weekend.
-Kwas is suspended.
-Spencer is off the team.

is that correct?

uaafanblog
01-17-2012, 10:11 AM
So let me get this straight.

-Gunderson is available this weekend.
-Kwas is suspended.
-Spencer is off the team.

is that correct?
No.

wjefwhite
01-17-2012, 10:15 AM
It's a sweep or bust weekend. Simple as that.

No question. I expect a lot of goals on the part of the Badgers and the PP running hot.

Sweep or Bust for sure.

Chuck Schwartz
01-17-2012, 10:15 AM
No.

Care to expand upon that?

uaafanblog
01-17-2012, 10:20 AM
Care to expand upon that?
Sure. No. Your assessment wasn't correct ... ???

Almington
01-17-2012, 10:29 AM
Very helpful, thanks.

uaafanblog
01-17-2012, 10:30 AM
Very helpful, thanks.
You're very welcome.

SanTropez
01-17-2012, 10:31 AM
Jackwagon strikes again... blogger jealousy.

uaafanblog
01-17-2012, 10:46 AM
Jackwagon strikes again... blogger jealousy.
"Argumentum Ad Envy" is a long recognized logical fallacy on this forum. Here's your prize for being ignorant of that. I'm sure you'll enjoy all ten hours.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEOpX8tmiUI

Chuck Schwartz
01-17-2012, 11:00 AM

Jesus, didn't think it would be this complicated. Let me ask another way...

Who from the Alaska Anchorage team that started on the roster at the beginning of the season, won't be in Madison this weekend?