Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2011-2012 Miami Season Thread Part II: (OH) Yeah!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official 2011-2012 Miami Season Thread Part II: (OH) Yeah!

Originally posted by fellowes View Post
    A few random notes:

-My handsome face got its first (that I know of) close up on the All-Access highlights from the UAH games. Awww yea...

-That dude in my beginners ice skating class who was a bit too good has now been confirmed for Blake Coleman. Next class I think I might lay a hit on 'em.
    Literally laughed out loud at that second random note. He's a big kid....I'm not sure if hitting him would be the best idea!

Comment

Fingers crossed for a healthy Mullin this weekend as well.

Apparently it's Rico's 40th today - congrats Coach, you are finally a man.

Comment

Two tents up at googin already. Somewhat surprised due to the fact Michigan attracted no tents

Comment

Originally posted by MIamiGirl View Post
          Two tents up at googin already. Somewhat surprised due to the fact Michigan attracted no tents
          Michigan was early in the season and came after a string of very bad hockey... including getting swept in Oxford by the Lakers. Not surprised no one camped out for that one, even though it was Michigan.
          Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

This is definitely the weekend to pitch the tent if you've got one. If the students don't have that place rocking (I'm sure they will), then I give up. If you're a current student, save your voice today and tomorrow by not contributing in class. I'm looking right at you, Sultan. Those war chants must echo throughout and rally the men.

Comment

Originally posted by RedhawkBandMan View Post
              Michigan was early in the season and came after a string of very bad hockey... including getting swept in Oxford by the Lakers. Not surprised no one camped out for that one, even though it was Michigan.
              Hopefully there is some excitment this weekend, but it's been pretty bad in 2012. Huntsville aside, the place has filled up, however, line waiting has become a thing of the past. You can argue if that's a good or a bad evolution, but it is certainly...different.

I'd imagine we lost quite a few fans off the bat with the poor start not winning over the freshman class.

When it comes to Miami sports, we're a fickle bunch (Miami we not we, we). Get back on the top of the heap and you will see lines out the door again.

Comment

Originally posted by RicoForPresident View Post
                This is definitely the weekend to pitch the tent if you've got one.
                It's practically summer out here in the mid-west. High of 48, who needs a tent? Man (or woman) up!

Comment

Originally posted by RicoForPresident View Post
                  This is definitely the weekend to pitch the tent if you've got one. If the students don't have that place rocking (I'm sure they will), then I give up. If you're a current student, save your voice today and tomorrow by not contributing in class. I'm looking right at you, Sultan. Those war chants must echo throughout and rally the men.
                  BLOOD ALONE MOVES THE WHEELS OF HISTORY!!!!!

Fear not, President. In due time the Sultan will be leading all of Steve Cady Arena in war chants not suitable for the brokenhearted. Those irish may one day climb back into CCHA superiority but this will not be that day! Screw 'em! WE ARE WARRIORS!
                  Scalp On, My Friends

Comment

Originally posted by Sultan Of Scalp View Post

Fear not, President. In due time the Sultan will be leading all of Steve Cady Arena in war chants not suitable for the brokenhearted. Those irish may one day climb back into CCHA superiority but this will not be that day! Screw 'em! WE ARE WARRIORS!
                    You were a "This day we fight!" away from channeling some Aragorn at the Black Gates right there.

/nerd moment

Comment

Originally posted by muhawks628 View Post
                      you were a "this day we fight!" away from channeling some aragorn at the black gates right there.

/nerd moment

none shall pass!!!
                      Long live the "Brotherhood"!!!!!

Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

It's going to happen. Just give it time.....and a little effort.

Comment

Someone get this guy a megaphone.

Edit: Or maybe a Valium?
                        Last edited by fellowes; 02-16-2012, 02:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                          It's practically summer out here in the mid-west. High of 48, who needs a tent? Man (or woman) up!
                          Its tee-pee weather.

Get em tribe

Comment

Indeed the tee-pees have been pitched and the fires lit! FOUR LEAF CLOVERS SHALL BURN!
                            Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
                            Its tee-pee weather.

Get em tribe
                            Scalp On, My Friends

Comment

Indeed the tee-pees have been pitched and the fires lit! FOUR LEAF CLOVERS SHALL BURN!
                              Hope there is room for two in that tee-pee BURN THE FIELD OF CLOVERS!
                              Last edited by Sultress of Scalp; 02-16-2012, 10:53 PM.

Comment

• The inmates have officially taken over the asylum

The tribes go forth to war,
                                Their scalp songs ring afar;
                                Bright the blood-red camp fires gleaming,
                                Mad with thrist the war-hawks screaming,
                                Signal smoke soars high,
                                Beckons in the sky,
                                Old men shake their calabashes,
                                Warriors dance amid the ashes,
                                Maides sobbing, war-drums throbbing, WAR!

Sweet the vict'ry and the conquest,
                                Calm the rest among the slain;
                                Sons of centuries of heroes,
                                Seek the fruit, despise the pain.
                                Watch Miami, now,
                                See the foeman bow,
                                Far and wide their host is scattered,
                                Spears are broken, shields are battered;
                                Miami! Yuh! Yuh! Yuh! Yuh!
                                Miami! Yuh! Yuh! Yuh! Yuh!
                                Race them, chase them, pound them, Wow!
                                Last edited by MUhawks628; 02-17-2012, 06:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X