Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2011-2012 Miami Season Thread Part II: (OH) Yeah!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official 2011-2012 Miami Season Thread Part II: (OH) Yeah!

13 seconds between goals. What's the team record?
    Last edited by carlinjm; 02-11-2012, 07:52 PM.

Comment

• Saksa!

Comment

Well, THAT was definitely not a snoozer like last night. Credit to UAH for fighting to the end and keeping the game exciting. Credit to Saksa for his first collegiate save!
        Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

• uah is probably the hardest working team we've seen all year. Not up to skill level with most teams we played, but they skate their asses off all night and try to hit anyone in sight. Glad we got to host them before these important last two conference weekends

Comment

Originally posted by RedhawkBandMan View Post
            Credit to Saksa for his first collegiate save!
            I'm pretty sure Saksa made at least one save when he came in against Northern last year in the 9-1 game.

Edit: Upon further research, it would appear I'm wrong. I remember him covering the puck to stop play, but apparently wasn't a shot.
            Last edited by fellowes; 02-12-2012, 09:05 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by fellowes View Post
              I'm pretty sure Saksa made at least one save when he came in against Northern last year in the 9-1 game.

Edit: Upon further research, it would appear I'm wrong. I rem
              ember him covering the puck to stop play, but apparently wasn't a shot.
              I believe they counted it as a shot on the board at Goggin, but not in the official boxscore

Comment

Originally posted by RicoForPresident View Post
                I don't think its a coincidence that our power play is hovering around 50th with the chief song gone.

Checking on the phone, but it looks like we finally broke through. Are those jerseys as ugly on the ice as they are in the picture?
                THe Swoops Stoop image looked like an iron-on but all in all they weren't completely horrible. Plus it was for a good cause, so what can you do?

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
                  uah is probably the hardest working team we've seen all year. Not up to skill level with most teams we played, but they skate their asses off all night and try to hit anyone in sight. Glad we got to host them before these important last two conference weekends
                  Thanks, through it all this season they never gave up. Hopefully, now that I can go back rooting for Miami again, this helps them right the ship for end of season push.

Comment

A pair of very intense games next weekend for you guys with both you and ND needing the 6 points badly to try and get past that bottleneck in the conference standings. With the bye week for OSU we'll be in desperate need of the 6 when we play you the weekend after!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                      A pair of very intense games next weekend for you guys with both you and ND needing the 6 points badly to try and get past that bottleneck in the conference standings. With the bye week for OSU we'll be in desperate need of the 6 when we play you the weekend after!
                      When looking at these next two series at the beginning of the year I don't think anyone expected Notre Dame would be on a 4-7 streak since the new year and ohio state at 1-7-4. Either way both weekends will be huge for ccha and pwr

Comment

Just in case anybody really, really, wants one.

http://muredhawks.cstvauctions.com/gallery.cfm

Comment

• Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                          Just in case anybody really, really, wants one.

http://muredhawks.cstvauctions.com/gallery.cfm
                          I don't understand how the logo on the front was made from bike reflector materials

Comment

I don't understand how the logo on the front was made from bike reflector materials
                            This. They wouldn't have been quite as ugly if the logo wasn't so obviously a different shade of white than the rest of the jersey.

Comment

Well...maybe if Connor/Cody were to wear those sweaters this weekend the reflective properties will alert Sheahan that he needs to STOP before entering the crease

Comment

• Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                                Well...maybe if Connor/Cody were to wear those sweaters this weekend the reflective properties will alert Sheahan that he needs to STOP before entering the crease
                                Or it could attract him even more...like all pests drawn to the pest zappers...

Comment

Working...
                                X