• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPI @ Union, Saturday 1/14/12

Discuss!
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Re: RPI @ Union, Saturday 1/14/12

We will have to play a much better game saturday to compete. With our offensively challenged team, we can not afford to let up defensively for even a shift. We have to keep this one as a defensive tight checking game and most of all not allow it to turn into a game of special teams.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

If you click around the Union ticket website, there doesn't appear to be that many seats left. Likely another standing room crowd. The game will not be aired on TWC3 as originally scheduled.

As a Union follower, hopefully they win. But hopefully the entertainment value of the game is closer to the types of games these two had last year than the two so far this year.

Comment

This is the year I finally stop putting my health and safety on the line by attending this game in that dump of a building. I don't need to put up with being harassed by a donut-munching hero-in-his-own mind fatass rent-a-cop for the third year in a row, either.
        Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

I am sure that my good friend Paul Stewart will assign Bryan Hicks to the game.
          "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
            I am sure that my good friend Paul Stewart will assign Bryan Hicks to the game.
            Was there any doubt? Wouldn't be RPI @ Union without Bryan Ficks.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
              This is the year I finally stop putting my health and safety on the line by attending this game in that dump of a building. I don't need to put up with being harassed by a donut-munching hero-in-his-own mind fatass rent-a-cop for the third year in a row, either.
              After last year's debacle, I have added Messa to my list of rinks I will not attend without bail money.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                After last year's debacle, I have added Messa to my list of rinks I will not attend without bail money.
                I will not be attending after last years festivities in the RPI section either
                RIT Tigers
                2006-2007, 2008-2009, 2009-2010, 2010-2011 Regular Season Champions
                2010,2015, 2016 Atlantic Hockey Champions

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                  What other rinks are on that list?
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                    Cheel. And thus far, that's pretty much it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      I wouldn't roll through Ithaca, let alone Lynah without a peacemaker.

Comment

I wonder what effect if any Union's playing Friday at Fenway then traveling back home late that night will have on their energy level on Saturday? I tend to think little if any but who knows?

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
                          I wonder what effect if any Union's playing Friday at Fenway then traveling back home late that night will have on their energy level on Saturday? I tend to think little if any but who knows?
                          There are a lot of healthy young boys on that team-Friday at Harvard should just be a warm up for them. I would expect them to not lose any steam and be fully charged for saturday.
                          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                            I stopped a couple of years ago myself. Just not a good place to watch a game, for many reasons.
                            Last edited by DavidSec17; 01-11-2012, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidSec17 View Post
                              I stopped a couple of years ago myself. Just not a good place to watch a game, for many reasons.
                              The sight lines are pretty hard to beat. There's not many bad seats in the place (but sometimes not enough seats). The drawbacks are bleachers and a bizarre seating layout pattern that always leads to some people being confused about where their seats are. No idea why they have assigned seats in the bleachers. The audio system isn't great and there's no video boards. The walkways can get clogged with even a decent crowd (people standing around chatting, etc). I hear the bathroom situation isn't great, but I can't speak about that. It certainly isn't a D-1 caliber rink, but it's not totally bad.
                              Last edited by rdf8585; 01-11-2012, 11:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X