Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston University @ Northeastern 1/13/12

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
    Lack of discipline cost us big time tonight.
    Steve Quailer (who is normally composed), needs to take a chill pill & get it together.

We let them get back into it & they made the most out of the opportunities. 2 goal lead.. worst lead in hockey. Nice comeback Terriers.

Let's regroup & try again tomorrow. We can play (way) better than we did tonight.
    Let's get it together Huskies. I do believe this gm will help us, come March.

Well.. win or lose, give it your all & have fun Saturday team!
    I think you guys would have won if you had Pimm and Ferriero playing. Great game as usual.

Good luck tmrw, will be rooting for you guys to beat those dam Eagles!

Comment

Originally posted by DaveStPaul View Post
      And I guess that's a final.

It's for the best, really. Only mookie can carry a score thread by himself. (I'm not completely sure he was alone, frankly. I think it was probably mookie and Captain Morgan, ifyouknowwhatimean.)
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

In the event you were not a Matthews tonight, NU is far better team 5 on 5 lines 1 to 3. However they are far worse in PK, PP and specialty situations. Although there were a host of **** calls NU played very Cronin like un disciplined hockey. If we go to the box we are screwed. We cycled the puck 5 on 5, 5 on 4 and even 4 on 4 far better than BU. CW let in a screen on the 1st goal and then NU gave the puck behind the net to a streaking BU defender away for a point blank shot, the other 2 goals were given up on PP one during a 5 min major hit to the head by Munson that was questionable. However, NU is a very beatable team because they do not have all all aspects of the game at the level of the top teams in the nation. They are in 9th place in hockey east. Likely to much fround t cover if the season ended tonight we go home.

Comment

ah yes, when in doubt, just blame the officiating.
          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
            ah yes, when in doubt, just blame the officiating.
            You misunderstand: We don't blame the refs for our penalties. No no. We blame them for the bu penalties. As a long standing part of part of the terriers program, they should know better than to whistle your guys for anything that fails to cause hemorrhaging.

Comment

Originally posted by RossiRules View Post
              In the event you were not a Matthews tonight, NU is far better team 5 on 5 lines 1 to 3. However they are far worse in PK, PP and specialty situations. Although there were a host of **** calls NU played very Cronin like un disciplined hockey. If we go to the box we are screwed. We cycled the puck 5 on 5, 5 on 4 and even 4 on 4 far better than BU. CW let in a screen on the 1st goal and then NU gave the puck behind the net to a streaking BU defender away for a point blank shot, the other 2 goals were given up on PP one during a 5 min major hit to the head by Munson that was questionable. However, NU is a very beatable team because they do not have all all aspects of the game at the level of the top teams in the nation. They are in 9th place in hockey east. Likely to much fround t cover if the season ended tonight we go home.
              Far better? Really? Uh, OK. If you say so.

The "Where's Trivino?" sign was interesting. Um, we don't know. You could ask your own team's player as it's rumored he's staying with Vinny. You'd know more than we would.

I was impressed with the much improved NU band tonight. How does that kid get the megaphone in there, and not get it taken away? Did I not read a sign or two on the front doors that illegal noisemakers were not allowed? And why was it necessary? Your student section was so much louder on its own.

The announcement of the BC-UMass score was one thing that brought both fan bases together, if only for a moment.

Good luck this afternoon!! Stay warm - it's going to be cold today. Are you guys wearing new jerseys for the event? Any pictures?

Comment

Scarlet, they cycled better. Lance Armstrong Rules!!!

Cycling: hockey's version of musical chairs for untalented teams.
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

No reason to blame officiating for the loss. NU played undisciplined. The only thing that was ridiculous was Quailer getting held for 5 minutes then getting a slashing call.
                  Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
                  Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

exciting game to watch. Two quality coached teams.

Comment

If my hearing is correct, Tom Caron referred to BU's #28 as "Yassir Gill".
                      if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Americans do seem to have difficulty with foreign names...

Comment

NHL Network was supposed to show the replay at 11am, showed two seconds of it, then froze, then cut to two hours of NHL Tonight. Is it because NESN is showing the replay at 1pm? Not sure why it would matter either way.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                            NHL Network was supposed to show the replay at 11am, showed two seconds of it, then froze, then cut to two hours of NHL Tonight. Is it because NESN is showing the replay at 1pm? Not sure why it would matter either way.
                            I DVRed the game so I'm not feeling your pain, but watching it reminded me of the hilarity of BU fans calling Vinny a BU and BC reject, and NU fans responding "NU Reject"

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                              I DVRed the game so I'm not feeling your pain, but watching it reminded me of the hilarity of BU fans calling Vinny a BU and BC reject, and NU fans responding "NU Reject"
                              Apparently the NHL Network's rebroadcast was only for outside of New England. I wish they would have put that into the TiVo guide. I did manage to catch most of the NESN replay.

Comment

Yeah, I was gonna say, I watched it on NHL Network just fine. But I'm down here in DC.

Comment

Working...
                                X