MN @ UND: tArrogance vs ___________

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MN @ UND: tArrogance vs ___________

These threads are so cookie-cutter that it's embarrassing. One group of fans claim the opposing team is a bunch of thugs, and the opposing fans claim the other team are a bunch of crybabies. It just alternates who's taking which stance.
    St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
      These threads are so cookie-cutter that it's embarrassing. One group of fans claim the opposing team is a bunch of thugs, and the opposing fans claim the other team are a bunch of crybabies. It just alternates who's taking which stance.
      I'm saying there are both on each side, and those players are an embarrassment.

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
        Go back-off in your own jack-yard.

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
          Is this on comcast at some other time than 2am?
          Fox Alternate channel
          Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
          dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
          wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

This is why sometimes it sucks to be a gopher hockey player. Last night it was clear that both teams were working hard for the win. But Nathan Wells saw things differently. Evidently the Gophers aren't working hard enough?

North Dakota is a good team and deserved to win tonight, but it's cause for concern when Gopher hockey is being outworked and not overcoming adversity. If playing against a rival like UND can't get them going, what will?
            http://minnesota.sbnation.com/minnes...akota-wins-2-1

Looked like a good effort to me by the Gophers. What did Nathan Wells expect to happen? did he think the Gophers would go to UND and easily win. The Sioux have won 9 of their last 10 games. It was a close evenly fought contest with great goaltending on both sides. Looks like both teams will work hard tonight to win also.
            "For me, college hockey was obviously the best step I could have taken to get to the next level." - Jonathan Toews, North Dakota/Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
              Fox Alternate channel
              675HD on DirecTV.
              Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
              Eric's Twitter
              The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                Picking on me is one thing, but I will not stand for you picking on Jockstock.
                Is JockStrap still trolling USCHO?
                Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
                Eric's Twitter
                The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCalSiouxFan View Post
                  This is why sometimes it sucks to be a gopher hockey player. Last night it was clear that both teams were working hard for the win. But Nathan Wells saw things differently. Evidently the Gophers aren't working hard enough?

http://minnesota.sbnation.com/minnes...akota-wins-2-1

Looked like a good effort to me by the Gophers. What did Nathan Wells expect to happen? did he think the Gophers would go to UND and easily win. The Sioux have won 9 of their last 10 games. It was a close evenly fought contest with great goaltending on both sides. Looks like both teams will work hard tonight to win also.
                  I thought the gophers outplayed UND but the amount of times they tried to go up top on Dell and missed the net was the difference in the game, had they shot low I think the outcome would have been reverse.
                  "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                  Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                  The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                  Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

• Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
                    I thought the gophers outplayed UND but the amount of times they tried to go up top on Dell and missed the net was the difference in the game, had they shot low I think the outcome would have been reverse.
                    Pretty astute observation. I agree.

Comment

Just finally saw video of Kristo... I'm sorry, somebody said that SHOULDN'T have been 5? He even throw a jab in it while he locked in. It wasn't as bad as Marvin's on Genoway but was in the same ballpark.

As for him throwing a fit, who cares? We tolerate this at the pro level, we tolerate this at the college level, we can't start picking certain ones to get that upset about
                      tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

• Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                        Is there any school that DOESN'T yell "We always were!!" after killing a penalty?
                        We don't bc we have labeled it a Gopher chant. Don't care if they weren't the first to use it its who we associate saying it. If our fans have only gone to one away rink its probably Mariucci and they also hear it from Gopher fans at the NHC. We have actually yelled at our fans if they try to use it.
                        tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
                          Or if they had had a powerplay....

Comment

Good game tonight gophers. Good-sized talent gap between these two teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
                              Good game tonight gophers. Good-sized talent gap between these two teams.
                              I chalk it up more to experience.
                              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                              Originally posted by Quizmire
                              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Gophers played the first 25 min just about perfect then fell asleep and watched the Sioux play for the rest of the 2nd, but were fortunate to get a late 2nd period goal by Condon. Nothing wrong with 2pts on the road and going 3-1 on the season against our biggest rival.
                                Originally posted by CavalryNate
                                Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X